• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 cant find bigger than 10MB size maps in custom menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys i have this problem since i changing to win 10, My warcraft 3 doesn't show maps that bigger than 10MB size in custom game, I tried maps that are below 10MB and its showed in custom game, I using patch 1.31.1 right now but i tried 1.26, 1.27b and 1.29 but none of them work, I look everywhere for answer but no one ever had this problem pls help!!

Hi guys i have this problem since i changing to win 10, My warcraft 3 doesn't show maps that bigger than 10MB size in custom game, I tried maps that are below 10MB and its showed in custom game, I using patch 1.31.1 right now but i tried 1.26, 1.27b and 1.29 but none of them work, I look everywhere for answer but no one ever had this problem pls help!!
(5) Warcraft III HOW TO GET 8MB+ limit (just a repost hopefully be clearer one) | HIVE (hiveworkshop.com)

The best add-on if you can get it working, (5) WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender | HIVE (hiveworkshop.com)

(5) Warcraft III bypass map file size limit. [ver.6] | HIVE (hiveworkshop.com)

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I using patch 1.31.1 right now but i tried 1.26, 1.27b and 1.29 but none of them work [...]
The two solutions to load maps > 8MB provided above, should not be used at the same time. Use what works best for you.

With v1.27b, this file size limit was officially raised by Blizzard from 8MB to 128 MB. It was then even further raised (doubled) in a later version. Because you say it does not work with v1.29, then I am guessing the maps you have problems with, may be >128 MB?

Out of curiosity, what was your WC3 version before you upgraded to Windows 10 please?

Level 1
No, I don't have problem with Game.dll, It's work fine, I just can't see my maps that are bigger than 10MB or maybe 13MB cause i try a map that 12MB and it's show in custom game, I istall maps in currect path but when i wanna play them, They just doesn't showed up, As i say i try maps that are smaller than 10MB and all of them work fine, i instaled originally WC3 1.21b then i patch it to 1.26a, 1.27b but has same problem.

I used to play WC3 1.26a in Windows 7 and Windows 8 and its work fine all maps showed in custom game, BTW i think download it via Garena back then.

Unfortunately all new maps are bigger than 20MB 🥺 pls help!!

Last edited:
Level 17
Depending on which maps are your test subjects, it is very possible it's not size that's making them not show up.

Maps saved in a newer version of the World Editor are not guaranteed to work on older versions of the game so they will often not show up.
Not showing on 1.31.1 is the most extraordinary though because that should only ever happen on maps made in 1.32.

Level 1
Depending on which maps are your test subjects, it is very possible it's not size that's making them not show up.

Maps saved in a newer version of the World Editor are not guaranteed to work on older versions of the game so they will often not show up.
Not showing on 1.31.1 is the most extraordinary though because that should only ever happen on maps made in 1.32.
1.32 is reforged right? Because i download Azeroth Wars Reforged and I'm sure it's for 1.31.1 but it does not show up in custom game.

Also another thing i can't open these maps with editor its says 'Level info data missing or invalid', Does it related to my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.