• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 2 Battlefield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Hive Community it less then a month ago I attempted a project and ended up side tracking to this. I want to create a map based around the wc2 orcs vs humans lore.

Hero...

The game will start with players selecting from a tavern or by other means (no this is not a aos). The hero will act as the players general/captain. Each hero will have to build up his own force to help his allies defeat the other team. For example a elven captain will be provided with a builder for elven units..

Map..

With my terrible mapping powers the map will be a empty battlefield that the players will have the chance to use to their advantages. There may be small abandoned forts or a bridge/valley. A mountain to build on top of. All of these things a builder can use to make barricades or towers to garrison archers in. est gameplay time : 40 mins est size : med-large

Combat...

I am a fan of battles that last more then a few seconds and hero targeting. I have played with the stats of units so units move at a slower pace (not to slow). Hitpoints and dmg is low until defend/frontline is activated (see bottom). This will give a battlefield feeling and require special units to give you the advantage

Magic..

I have reduced the use of magic. I want magic to be used rarely and when summoned is very destructive.

Special Units...

To give that advantage I mentioned earlier the orcs/alliance will be able to access more custom units since I am removing alot of the spell casters. Some units will be able to give off aura's or increase attack speed, movements speed, attack damage, or reduce enemy stats.

Factions...
(Relates to hero. Limit one hero/faction per team)
Orc clans not decided
-Will include trolls and ogres

Alliance
-Heroes from azeroth and lord. Uther. Terenes etc....

Resources..

To train units you must have gold and food. All units cost 1 food;however;the limit for max units will be set to something lower like 50. Lumber will be needed only to build mini camps/barricades. All players will have the same gold income throughout to game. To increase this a player must defeat enemy units. There will also be a few gold mines with creep camps throughout the map.

Spawning units...

v1 will be a island with orcs on one shore and alliance on other. The only way to spawn units is to build a port. All units have longer then usual training times because the must 'sail' to the island :slp:

Other...

I will edit in more details later.

Another feature to add is the shield or frontline ability. It will act as defend ability but grunts/footman on frontlines will have very low movement speed with increased hitpoints/atk.

This is only a feature I hope to add. I still fail to get it to work and this might not be possible in wc3 engine :infl_thumbs_up:
Because most of the map is simple in theory this idea is where I really need help. I want to make it so all soldiers (footman,grunts etc..) have mana. The mana drains over time and when it reaches 0 it takes dmg and will die. To keep this units mana from draining you must return him to a camp (fountain of mana in disguise :wink:) Camps will only be able to be built in certain areas (marked by a terrain) This is to reduce the risk of mass camps on the main battle field. Orcs will be able to fight longer away from camps then humans will. Hopefully this will be another factor of startegy as players will have to balance out resting his soldiers and sending them to attack.

If you read to this point thank you for taking the time to help me out. Leave a comment!

Level 9
I'm glad to know that someone is making alternative strategy games. Good work!
There are 2 things I don't like
All players will have the same gold income throughout to game. To increase this a player must defeat enemy units
It would be nice to find an alternative to the standard income system.
With this one, the most violent player would be advantaged, and who slowly tries to build a fortress would be penalized.

Then I don't like the fact that players can't build camps where they want. If you fear "mass bases", just set a minimal distance bases can be built at.

Level 3
'Bontrager' is my old account. The idea for this map was put together off the top of my head. The triggers are possible only thing is I can not get them to actually work. This idea was not for a map but for a wc2 melee project I have been working on for the past few weeks. I will hold a private testing for the combat system later and the map will follow if the public enjoys. Time to edit the above idea now

Status
Not open for further replies.