• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] Concept: Boss Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi,

So this one is going to be interesting for melee map players.

I am thinking about designing a boss camp for a 2v2v2 map I am working on.

I call this a boss camp because it will feature a unique drop, which I classify as a level 5 artifact and there will be no marketplace for other players to duplicate the insane power this item will give out.

The boss in question is called Burning Legion Slave Master and he will be droping 1 of the following soul gems:

Mur'gul Slave Soul Gem, Ashtongue Soul Gem, Black Rock Soul Gem and Silver Soul Gem

All of these soul gem contains a worker, who can create 3 buildings (one food production building, one shop and one barracks which also dubs as an altar) from their respective race - Naga, Broken Draenei, Black Rock, red skin orcs and Dalaran's Silver Coventant.

The barracks from these liberated (sub)races will contain a maximum of 3 unit types, excluding the hero, who will be on par with racial heroes, due to their random chance of showing up.

My questions for the community - is this mechanic over the top in a negative way and should I drop this mechanic?

Level 21
Hi,

So this one is going to be interesting for melee map players.

I am thinking about designing a boss camp for a 2v2v2 map I am working on.

I call this a boss camp because it will feature a unique drop, which I classify as a level 5 artifact and there will be no marketplace for other players to duplicate the insane power this item will give out.

The boss in question is called Burning Legion Slave Master and he will be droping 1 of the following soul gems:

Mur'gul Slave Soul Gem, Ashtongue Soul Gem, Black Rock Soul Gem and Silver Soul Gem

All of these soul gem contains a worker, who can create 3 buildings (one food production building, one shop and one barracks which also dubs as an altar) from their respective race - Naga, Broken Draenei, Black Rock, red skin orcs and Dalaran's Silver Coventant.

The barracks from these liberated (sub)races will contain a maximum of 3 unit types, excluding the hero, who will be on par with racial heroes, due to their random chance of showing up.

My questions for the community - is this mechanic over the top in a negative way and should I drop this mechanic?
Its a good idea imo, gl with n i could take a different boss camp theme, demons are a bit boring imo lol

I could even do my own version tbh, looks fun

Last edited:
Level 28
I don't think it's that broken as there's still a hard limit of 100 food, it depends more on what the extra units are. For instance, fel orcs are regular orcs that deal more damage at no extra cost, so an orc player would have an advantage if he gets them. Naga units are amphibious (ad deliberately overpowered as-is), so if the map has water they have a huge advantage.

Do these units use the same upgrades as the standards or have their own?

Would AI players be able to use the item as intended, or just use it and get an extra worker without using the new buildings?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.