• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Footmen Wars / Frenzy] Soul Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello folks and fellas!

It's been a long time since I was an active part of the WC3 modding community.
Years in which I was busy with reallife things have passed, I couldn't give my creativity a chance to become manifest in WC3 stuff :goblin_cry:
But NOW I'm back, and I decided to give it another shot.

I was thinking about this game concept for a couple of months, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort, because I'm not sure if people would play and enjoy it.
Furthermore, I want it to be a HQ project, if I decide to go for it, which means many features, custom resources and hopefully a really nice overall appearance.
So, I'm very grateful for any honest opinion, ideas for improvement and maybe your own ideas to tune this concept. Here we go:

Soul Wars
Concept:
  • Huge map containing 2 bases (east and west), an arena (in the center) and a looot of explorable terrains (maybe even some little dungeons, if that's not too fancy for this concept).
  • 2 teams with 4 players each. Each team owns a base (if you couln't tell).
  • Each base contains different shops, some regeneration structure, a creep pool and a soul gem in the back (behind some butt-kicking defensive towers).
  • Each player can collect X creeps by killing them. Collected creeps are moved to a creep pool next to the player's base.
  • After Y minutes, all collected creeps will be sent to the arena to fight each other. The leftover creeps (which can be part of only 1 team) will damage the opponent's soulgem depending on their soul power (which will be calculated through several properties)
  • (optional) After Z seconds the heroes will fight each other in the arena, but instead of damaging the opponent's Soul Gem the winner receive some kind of reward
  • The whole mission is to destroy the opponents soul gem.

Features:
  • many different custom heroes to pick which can evolve
  • Techtree-based Skillsystem
  • individual Healpotion System inspired by Aero's amazing campaign The Chosen Ones
  • Lots of items along with an Equipment System, so that Item Set Bonuses are possible
  • Ingame modifyable spells by using my Skillshop System

As you probably can tell, the concept is orientated to the map Creep Wars, which in my opinion is a really nice map with a lot of room for improvements.
That's why I was thinking about giving it my own touch and making it even more enjoyable and ambitious. So, if you see or not see potential in this whole idea, please let me know! Thank you in advance :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 17
Almost, yeah. The teams fight the creeps (and if they and their opponent team members meet, they probably fight, too), killed creeps will be sent to your unit pool and after X minutes all the teams units from the unit pool will be fighting the other teams creeps. Creeps are respawnable though. And I will definitely add the option to select whether you want to collect the creeps you're about to kill or not.

Level 28
You should have a mechanic to let you add captured creeps to AOS waves instead of the arena (for example, if you captured 5 weak creeps and a strong one, the weak ones will be more useful in the wave instead of the arena), and if capturing them prevents receiving gold and experience, a way to remove them from the game and give the hero the gold and XP.

Level 17
Naaah, that's kinda drifting away too much from my original idea/intention. However, you've made a good point there about the 5 vs 1 thing. Maybe I'll add a game option so that the arena battle is being held by just 1 special unit for each team which has increased power or abilities from the collected creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.