• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

choosing the right hero ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi^^, I'm making a RPG(Adventure) type map that needs team plays and my friend jokes about adding a hero named "Frontline" that is good in tanking... And by taking the joke seriously, i made a hero type "Frontline" and came up with 3 abilities for the hero, the abilities are:

Heroic Taunt
- All enemy nearby are forced to attack him and any damage came from taunted units also return to them.Lasts 5 seconds.(return 50/75/100/125% damage to all taunt targets)
- forced to attack the hero, and any damage came from Taunted units, it will heal the frontline instead of damaging him(heals 10/20/30/40% from receiving damage that last 5 seconds)

Defiance - came from defend skill of footman,
reducing melee, range and magic damage(GUI triggered), slowing the hero's attack speed and move speed. Damage reduction are more higher on frontline's front than the rear.

additional effect:
when the damage is blocked(from Shield Presence effect), the reduction will become a heal for the hero.
Shield Presence - Gives 5/10/15/20% chance to block all damage receive by the Frontline(melee, range and magic). when Defiance is activated, the chances will be doubled.
- every time he receive a damage, there's a chance to damage enemy units around the frontline, the hero still receive damage, higher chance if Defiance is activated.

For the fourth skill, an ultimate skill for frontline is that i have a problem of choosing which. I got 2 ability ideas but they are offensively and supportive to allies.

Massive Retaliation [A] - Same effect of big bad voodoo ability that makes the frontline channels and any allied unit around frontline are invulnerable, additional effect is the frontline can preserve all full damage that enemy unit damages the frontline(ignore defiance and shield presence effects in preserving). After the channel finishes or stopping it, all preserved damage will become 100/200/300% return damage to all nearby enemy units.

Advantages:
- This ability suits to the name frontline.
- Automatically tanking enemy units that makes good in team plays.
- The defiance and shield presence can save the frontline from mobs while he's in channeling mode.
- Any enemy unit deals small damage, they still get equal return damage from other units.
- Still can cast Defiance while in channeling mode.

Disadvantages:
- When allies are fast mob killers, the return damage will be useless and that makes him hard on getting gold from creeps killing.
- Heavily armored frontline (item bonus effects) cause return damage decrease.
- Only good in mobs.
- Cannot cast Heroic Taunt for additional damage effect after casting this skill.

This ability are great for this hero, but the disadvantages can affect in late stages and solo playing.

Massive Retaliation - Active ability cause all allied unit near the frontline receive a buff that can be targeted to himself and the ally units cause attacking enemy unit 100/200/300% return damage to them and the allied unit do not takes damage but transfer the damage to frontline (Defiance still effect on incoming damage from an ally but not in Shield Presence effect). if any enemy unit died in return damage, the frontline will get the score of killing a unit even if the dying enemy unit targeted an ally.

Advantages:
- Frontline can move and cast any skill.
- Support allied unit by taking the damage from them.
- Easily gain gold in mob killing.

Disadvantages:
- Heroic Taunt cause allied buff useless.
- Heavily armored frontline or allied unit(item bonus effects) cause return damage decrease.
- 2 or more allied units mobbed will cause frontline receive heavy damage.
- Only the enemy unit who attack receive return damage.

This skill are effectively in damaging than tanking, good on soloing but cause problem in team tanking. its like a opposite of Ability Type A.

That's the 2 ideas i have, it may not very clear but your suggestion about this 2 skills or your own ideas would be a great help.

UPDATED:
I cant think of anything about the names but these will do for now.
The 3 abilities changed for good combination for the 4th ability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.