• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarChasers II: Vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Get the map here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/warchasers-ii-vengeance-147306/

Welcome back to the conquest for Eternal Pride. Thousands of years have passed since the Heroes of Ages won their victory over the Shadow Lord, and the landscape has turned to ruin. However, they now face a threat far more powerful...

Villian1.jpg

A new Shadow Lord has taken command of the city, and the heroes rush to challenge him... only to find themselves locked into a new quest... for vengeance.

Snake1.jpg

BeastKnight1.jpg

Forward1.jpg

With incredible new powers and a merciless will to press on, there is no telling just how powerful the heroes will become...

Skeletorus2.jpg

I receive lots PM's on Battle.net from people requesting me to re-host so they can get another shot at this. I get a lot of people playing the game who've already beaten it several times. This is one map that, I can safely say, will leave you wanting to play it again and again.

- Complete music system overhaul
- Traitorous backstab damage is blocked
- Some events make the camera shake
- Many abilities added/removed/reworked a LOT
- Game now automatically detects handicap needs - monsters spawn more quickly and have more HP the greater the number of players
- Vastly improved the opening/ending sequences
- Vastly improved the visual effects, sound effects and camera work throughout the game and added improved tooltips and dialogs
- Substantial terrain changes
- Sight radius cut
- Enemies now sometimes spawn in groups
- Revival system now timer-based and purchased at the Resurrection Stone
- Spirit Gems also give Tome of Power when purchased
- Enemies mostly balanced

Gambit Version completed: 11 January 2010

The highest credit to the original creators of WarCraft® III, Battle.net® and WarChasers - Blizzard Entertainment®

All Additional Revisions: Bribe (Collective-Fury) @ Lordaeron aka Altruity @ Azeroth

Thanks to Square Enix Co., Ltd for the great Final Fantasy® series which gave me the ideas "Charge", Auto-Life and general inspiration for WarChasers II.

Thanks to the makers of World Editor Unlimited for making such a useful program.
For the idea to cut the sight radius and to sometimes have an ambush spawn - InsaneMursame @ Lordaeron
The idea for the "blink" aspect of Steal - Jade49 @ Lordaern
For many parts of this map, consulting HiveWorkshop.com was incredibly beneficial.
For the idea to make a permanent summon for BeastKnight - Phail_Macz1938@Lordaeron.
For the idea to make Charge increase per hero level - BloodOmin@Lordaeron.
Thanks to all who tested my early maps. Your lousy experiences made this game possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.