• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarChasers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
The newest edition of this incredible map can be found here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/warchasers-ii-eclipse-147306/

OpeningCinematc1.jpg

Warchasers II is an exhaustively re-imagined version of Blizzard's original work. The story revisits the heroes thousands of years after their victory over the Shadow Lord, and they must unlease their latent powers to crush him. The terrain reflects the scars of millenia of construction and demolition that will take you back to the cursed city in an entirely new way.

OpeningCinematic2.jpg

During the quest, you will have the opportunity to acquire dozens of new and unique items, and you will even be able to purchase powerful tomes that unlock spells for your hero. Halfway through the game, you'll be able to purchase your hero's Spirit Gem - arguably the most powerful item in the game. The Spirit Gem is unique, with each having its own function specific to the hero under your control. On each Spirit Gem you will find a background story that sheds light on the hero's life before it became one of the Heroes of Ages.

LavaSummon.jpg

To accompany the dramatic atmosphere of the map, the interface is a great asset. Whether it be the power of Charge to passively restore your mana between battles, the -stash function that moves your inventory to a convenient location, or whether you just want to compare the players' progress by typing -stats, there is always something to do throughout the course of the game.

PocketShop-1.jpg

I receive PM's on Battle.net from people pleading with me to re-host this map. I get a lot of people joining my game who have already beaten it multiple times. This is one map that, I can safely say, will leave you wanting to play it again and again.

Last edited:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Yeah there are tons of new features stacked on top of the hero abilities. Here's a few:

Hero revival circles around how many lives you have left. Your hero can die, your Tank can die, and they'll be reborn as long as you have more than 0 lives left. You can buy more at any shop.

If you have too many items with you, you can type -stash to clear up your inventory (it moves your items to a resurrection stone)

Each hero can use an ability called Charge to rejuvenate their mana (works like the same spell from FFXII).

Each hero has their own unique item that can be obtained in a special area of the game.

There are really too many new features to cover on this forum without doing them an injustice. I can put the map on this site... when I upload it, I can just link to the map from this thread?

Level 15
I've tested it, here's a quick review:
I like the starting cinematic, although I think it may be good if you could choose to skip it. It may get boring after a while.
Also, Salvation is cool. It really makes life much easier for players and make the game easier (maybe even more fun). The two basic abilities the heroes have (Charge and Salvation) are interesting and I'm glad you added them!

About the heroes, they are quite simple. They could have more complex abilities but the current ones are quite interesting. I also find some of the heroes rather similar to the originals. Beast Knight could use some cool summons, for example:
Summon Beast Horde - Basically summons some dummy units each with Stampade based abilities. Each of the abilities have different missles for the collision stuff so it looks like a real Stampade.

Anyway, looking good so far. Waiting for more version :D

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
As I am still very newbish to the map modding realm (I began this map in August and the only prior experience with the editor was mild use of the Object Editor), I have a lot of ground to cover. Especially on a site like this that has been exposed to lot of really skilled work.

It wasn't until a month later that I discovered the Object Manager, and it wasn't even until a few days ago that I realized you could modify the map angle without using a game camera by holding Ctrl and an arrow key.

I haven't played very many custom maps, so any ideas that might seem plain or "done before", I couldn't identify. Most of the ideas I used are just fun ideas I thought of or that I've seen in other games - for example, Steal and Charge are both Final Fantasy moves, as well as renaming Reincarnation to Auto-Life. One of the reasons is because I really enjoyed playing Final Fantasy, but I don't have the game any more so I wanted to try to get my fix.

Level 15
Sure, no problem :D
If you need any help/advice, just ask around. There are many experienced map makers around here :D

I wish you luck. Its rather amazing a map for someone who only has 2 months of mapping experience!

EDIT: I realised something, its about icon borders:
You should give charge an active border. If you compare a default passive and a default active, you'll find that they use different borders.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Thank you for the tips, again. I've removed all of those glitches except...

I've been trying to incorporate the CallDestroyGroup custom script throughout my map, and I'm having some big glitches (group no longer works for the functions I need it to). It's either going to make me create an individual group-variable for each trigger, or it's going to make me remove all the custom destroygroup scripts if the glitching continues.

Has anyone some advice?

Edit: here's what happens - I have "GenericGroup" assigned to a unit group via "Set GenericGroup=all units in x region" and it works. In many events I need to call GenericGroup again, and it doesn't work at all. For example, when I send the player units to heaven, it's a "pick every unit" so I've read I need to destroy that unit group - thus I use GenericGroup again and destroy it. Making a customscript that destroys a unit group ARRAY causes terminal script failure in the World Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.