1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WarChasers II: Vengeance

Submitted by Bribe
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Welcome back to the conquest for Eternal Pride. Thousands of years have passed since the Heroes of Ages won their victory over the Shadow Lord, and the landscape has turned to ruin. However, they now face a threat far more powerful...

New Villian
[​IMG]

A new Shadow Lord has taken command of the city, and the heroes rush to challenge him... only to find themselves locked into a new quest... for vengeance.

More Screencaps
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With incredible new powers and a merciless will to press on, there is no telling just how powerful the heroes will become...

Pool of Divinity
[​IMG]

I receive lots PM's on Battle.net from people requesting me to re-host so they can get another shot at this. I get a lot of people playing the game who've already beaten it several times. This is one map that, I can safely say, will leave you wanting to play it again and again.

Version Changelog
- Complete music system overhaul
- Traitorous backstab damage is blocked
- Some events make the camera shake
- Many abilities added/removed/reworked a LOT
- Game now automatically detects handicap needs - monsters spawn more quickly and have more HP the greater the number of players
- Vastly improved the opening/ending sequences
- Vastly improved the visual effects, sound effects and camera work throughout the game and added improved tooltips and dialogs
- Substantial terrain changes
- Sight radius cut
- Enemies now sometimes spawn in groups
- Revival system now timer-based and purchased at the Resurrection Stone
- Spirit Gems also give Tome of Power when purchased
- Enemies mostly balanced

Gambit Version completed: 11 January 2010

Credits
The highest credit to the original creators of WarCraft� III, Battle.net� and WarChasers - Blizzard Entertainment�

All Additional Revisions: Bribe (Collective-Fury) @ Lordaeron aka Altruity @ Azeroth

Thanks to Square Enix Co., Ltd for the great Final Fantasy� series which gave me the ideas "Charge", Auto-Life and general inspiration for WarChasers II.

Thanks to the makers of World Editor Unlimited for making such a useful program.
For the idea to cut the sight radius and to sometimes have an ambush spawn - InsaneMursame @ Lordaeron
The idea for the "blink" aspect of Steal - Jade49 @ Lordaern
For many parts of this map, consulting HiveWorkshop.com was incredibly beneficial.
For the idea to make a permanent summon for BeastKnight - Phail_Macz1938@Lordaeron.
For the idea to make Charge increase per hero level - BloodOmin@Lordaeron.
Thanks to all who tested my early maps. Your lousy experiences made this game possible.

Keywords:
WarChasers, RPG, Conquest
Contents

WarChasers II: Vengeance (Map)

Reviews
Date: 16:59:53 21-Jun-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 4/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
  1. Date: 16:59:53 21-Jun-12
    Map Moderator: -Kobas-
    Map Status: Approved 4/5
    Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!
    Useful Links:
    If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: Awesome old wc3 rpg like map.

2. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well, you MUST improve your description
    tell us what you added

and from the looks of it, It prevents me from playing it

3. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    then you're missing out on alot, it's a very enjoyable game and large upgrade from warchasers. custom spells, refined terrain, alot more. Don't judge a book by its cover :)

4. Illidan_Hunter

Illidan_Hunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    [2/5]
    -Found alot of bugs;
    -Not very original;
    -The terrain is near the same;
    -Creeps just changed the model;
    -A bit laggy spells;

5. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thank you guys for the tips! I have updated the description.

Could you please give me an example? I have not experienced any of these things.

6. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome job!

Dude. That was !@#$ing awesome. I played through the whole thing. Here's my story...
    My Story
    I started off as Mumm'rah. I ended as Mumm'rah. Simple. One of us left early, so he was insignificant to our progress. Another one of us died at the tank part; a pity. The slow-motion epic ending was really epic. 2 of us slow-mo running into the portal, with the explanation that we're given a second chance at life, awesome. The music was also fit for that setting. It's the first time that a custom game made me show any sign of emotion.

Everything is great, except that one of Snake Aes's spell triggers are red lightning that connects from her and a certain point (it isn't destroyed properly). Other than that, great job! Every other aspect of the game is fine to me.

Rating: 5/5
    Voted for...

Approval :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  7. Illidan_Hunter

Illidan_Hunter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I played with the Dark Ranger first (Snake Eye I think).When I tried to use her ultimate it didn't summon any skeleton, and it caused a red light betwen be and the target even if the targed died...and the red light didn't dissapear and caused mass laggs.
    Another is the Naga Witch when I tried to use her 1st ability (don't remember the name) the game got bugged and I couln't move my hero anymore.
    And others...

8. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the tips, again. I've removed all of those glitches except...

I've been trying to incorporate the CallDestroyGroup custom script throughout my map, and I'm having some big glitches (group no longer works for the functions I need it to). It's either going to make me create an individual group-variable for each trigger, or it's going to make me remove all the custom destroygroup scripts if the glitching continues.

Has anyone some advice?

Edit: here's what happens - I have "GenericGroup" assigned to a unit group via "Set GenericGroup=all units in x region" and it works. In many events I need to call GenericGroup again, and it doesn't work at all. For example, when I send the player units to heaven, it's a "pick every unit" so I've read I need to destroy that unit group - thus I use GenericGroup again and destroy it. Making a customscript that destroys a unit group ARRAY causes terminal script failure in the World Editor.

9. cikay

cikay

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good map, i play in single mode.
    And some nice secret :D

10. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    After two more months of working on this map for hours every day, I am proud to present the masterpiece... Gambit Version!

11. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't double post, use edit button.

12. Cyper95

Cyper95

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well it doesn't really count as double posting after 48 hours...

13. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Played it, liked it, reviewing it

I played berserker guy, demon hunter model

Pros:
    -nice terrain
    -nice custom abilities, even tho not triggered, it was still fun enough to play
    -items were nice, I liked the special item for my hero, which later could be upgraded, must say even after 2 upgrades, i could still pay to upgrade to get free levels (cost me 2500 each time tho)
    -best custom warchasers I have played so far, I liked the start of the story showing how the old heroes died, also the notes on some of the items about the old heroes, a detail I liked.
    -difficulty was pretty good balanced among the parts, even tho this probably depends on how much you creep till you destroy the building
    -being able to buy ur mana, was a nice extra, and made the game a lot less boring so I could atleast keep using my abilities
    -last boss fight was nice, battle changes depending on his hp, died 4 times before I could finish him :p

Cons:
    -Near mid of the game the initiate abilities become near useless, you could either make more levels, or make some abilities str/agi/int based, even tho if you don't I woudn't mind, atleast you can buy that 15000 gold ultimate ability, which could be more imba :p
    -Bug with unit that keeps respawning when you go left at the beginning, the knight keeps respamming at the fire, if I wanted I could leave my hero there and wait an hour and become level 20 or sumin with 10000 gold(didn't actually do this, just saying I could)

I probably have more pros and cons, but I think I mentioned the most important ones, I think the map deserves a 5/5, and +rep

14. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @ skamingo

Thanks for the review! A few things I wanted to clarify:

Custom abilities are heavily triggered, especially for your hero. Blade of Pain without triggers and without dummy units does nothing, and Blade Radio is one of the most trigger-intensive spells in the game.

The unlimited respawns in the beginning is not a bug, it's just that the enemy is teleporting in there so there's no spawn building.

Thanks for playing, I've been working on this map for maybe 5+ hours average per day since September! It's been a full-time job, and I hope this version will really kick off.

15. Pszczolek

Pszczolek

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just have played your map, as the hero with Warden model, my friend was playing hero with Dark Ranger model. I enjoyed it for most time, but I see much room to improve it.

The remake of Warchasers terrain was done very well. Had some darker atmosphere, which is very good.

Hero I played was quite good to play, quite good abilities, however some were rather weak from midgame to lategame, because of only 4 levels and not scaling with attributes. Also they lacked offensive power (only acid bomb had some damage over time, and passive gave +50 to hero damage). It meant that later i the game it was mostly auto-attacking creeps, without using abilities much.

Bosses were made decently, however you could give them some more abilities. Also the last boss was mostly about attacking him, running back, healing, and repeating. It was rather boring, because he had much hp, so it took quite a few minutes of repeating the same not very interresting process over and over. Making him spell immune after some hp lost by him wasn't big deal, because ,as I stated it already, most abilities were weak in this stage of the game.

I liked the permanent usable items. They were very useful, especially the healing ones and earthquake. But there were also some bad things about items. First, most +attribute items were rather useless, because a lot of books drop, and usable items were just better. Also you get very much gold, which you cannot spend until the book giving bonus ability, which coupled with hero upgrade were only items worth buying (mby potions too). I suggest you add more useful items to the shops (it would be nice to have some choice in this matter, instead of just buying what's able), balance gold amount got by players, and price of Resurrection.

From the fact that you have a lot of gold, comes the very cheap price of Resurrection, which is one of the factors which make your map way too easy. I didn't care much about dying if I had unused 10k gold. Another factor was being able to get mass level at end of the game via "upgrade".

One little thing I nearly forgot is, that you play music as sound, so it can be turned off only via turning off all sounds. WC3 music is good, but on higher playing speed it can be annoying.

As for now I would rate your map 3/5, because it's entertaining, but also lacks some useful features, balance and polish.

I suggest, that you improve hero abilities, to make them useful in later stages of the game, add more items to choose, balance gold amounts and prices, improve bosses. After those improvements your map would be worth 4/5 or even 5/5.

On another note, as mapmaker myself I know the pain of working hundreds of hours to finish map. I started making one of my maps 2 years ago, but it's not finished yet, because of not being able to work on it each day (mby sometimes on holidays), and patch 1.24 (fu Blizzard!).

16. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This game is indefinitely postponed as there are too many irritations with the World Editor that I don't want to continue editing. In a few years I may start editing with the Galaxy Editor...

17. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This looks new unlike other Warchasers, they'd stay too much the same, but this one looks like it had a remake which is very innovative of you. I'm gonna try this one soon. :)

18. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I am around 70% finished with updating this, a revival project I started last month.

New version will be coming out soon, though the lore will stay the same for now.

Features:

1. All in custom script.
    2. It will be in vJass, but it will no longer require World Editor Unlimited which the currently-uploaded map depends on.
    3. Mostly object-editor based hero spells will be replaced with some select spells from the Hive (I am open to suggestions here).
    4. Map file size will be considerably smaller, as well as map loading time, though not cutting out any existing utility.
    5. RAM consumption will be considerably less, as far fewer handles will be used now.
    6. There will be an optimized version uploaded, as well as an unprotected. So you can see how it works as well as having the game ready-to-play.
    7. The memory leaks which are in the current version will be completely gone in the new version.

19. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting map, I like it, good old wc3 feeling :)
    Can I suggest multiboard (Kills, deaths, gold, has resurrection etc) and some game settings (difficulties, random events, maybe some different terrain, or something related to heroes like, random pick or something like that)?

Recommended from now on.