1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

War3Package

Submitted by Hezekiah
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
War3Package

1. About War3Package
  2. Usage
  3. Installation
About War3Package

War3Package is a tool to export the custom data from a Warcraft III map to a single file (with the .w3k extension), and to import that package into other Warcraft III maps. This allows developers to easily distribute packages intended to be used in various maps.

War3Package requires the Jass NewGen Pack. It (War3Package) is a wrapper around the Grimex tools, but it is often easier to use, since it only uses a single file which can be imported in one step. The following custom data is used:

• Imported Files
  • Triggers
  • Constants
  • Object Data
Note that the environment data exported by the Grimex File Exporter is not used. This is because it is usually not wanted as part of the package, and Grimex does not provide an importer for it.

Usage

Once War3Package has been installed, it creates a new menu in the NewGen World Editor. This menu contains the following options:

• Create Package: Creates a new package with the custom data from the current map.
  • Import Package: Imports the data from a package, selected by the user, to the current map.
  • War3Package Readme: Opens the readme document in a web browser.
Like Grimex, the Create Package command does not save the map, rather using the last saved version. This means it does not modify the map at all. The Import Package command, however, saves and modifies the map. As with Grimex, the map should be closed and reopened after running this command.

Installation

War3Package can be installed by running the included install.bat script. The path to the Jass NewGen Pack installation should be passed as an argument, but if it is not, or if the path is invalid, the user will be prompted for the path. This allows the script to be run without arguments, e.g. directly from Windows Explorer, as well. After running the script, the NewGen World Editor should be restarted. The script can also be used to update the installation of War3Package.

The script has two functions: it registers War3Package in NewGen's wehack.lua script, and copies the War3Package directory to the NewGen installation. If War3Package is already in the NewGen directory, it assumes the first step has already been completed and only does the second. This means War3Package should not be copied to the NewGen directory before installing.

Note: The text above is the first part of the readme. For more information, read the rest of the document, included in the .zip file.
Contents

War3Package (Binary)

Reviews
10:12, 18th Sep 2014 TriggerHappy: Nice tool, although many console windows pop up when creating or importing packages. Approved.
  1. 10:12, 18th Sep 2014
    TriggerHappy:

Nice tool, although many console windows pop up when creating or importing packages.

Approved.

2. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ohh.. I think this would be pretty useful. Maybe for easy install of spells?

3. Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Yes, that's the idea. You can easily distribute and install spells, custom units, systems, etc.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  4. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Reminds me of starcraft 2 extension mods.

5. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Sounds pretty cool. I'll try to test it out later.

What do you think of having this included into moyack's JNGP 2.0.X bundle?

6. Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I think that would be great. I developed and tested it with JNGP 2.0.X (although I tested it with other versions as well), so I know it works. Do you think I should suggest it to moyack?

7. Sky Green

Sky Green

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is really great and extremely useful... Much easier than exporting and importing everything individually. Good job.

8. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Creating the package works but importing it into another map gives a Plugin Error. It says: The system cannot find the file specified.

My lazy arse want to transfer data to another map but this is bringing me down.

9. Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the feedback. I am trying to find the origin of the problem. Could you please give me some more information: version of JNGP, version of Windows, path to JNGP? If you have time, it might also help if you upload a .w3k package which gives the error.

10. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    JNGP 2.06 (Not sure but it's the latest one) in Windows XP.
    "D:\Wc3 Modding Resources\jassnewgenpack206"

Pack sent through PM.

11. Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the information. I have found and fixed the problem. If you download it again it should work without problems.

12. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It doesn't give an error anymore but it doesn't import anything either. Is a 13 byte package normal for a 3+ mb map?

13. Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I should probably have mentioned this when I uploaded the fixed version. The problem was actually that the tool created an empty package, which then failed to be imported. Simply create the package with the new version and it should work.

14. Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Do you have the Jass NewGen Pack?

15. Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Once you have downloaded War3Package above and extracted the zip file (right click -> extract all), open the extracted folder so you see a file named install or install.bat. The simplest way to install War3Package is to drag the folder containing JNGP (the folder containing the NewGen WE executable) onto this install file. The next time you open the NewGen WE, the War3Package menu should appear.

16. RuneSo

RuneSo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a problem:
    i have changed for example the model of a hero.then i create a new package. i open another map and import this package but nothing changes even though the jasshelper says: success!
    did i do a mistake?

17. Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Make sure that you save the map before creating the package. Also make sure that you do not save the map after importing the package, but close and reopen it.

If you have done it like this and it still doesn't work, send me a .w3k package which doesn't work and I'll see what the problem is.

18. RuneSo

RuneSo

Resources:
    Resources:
    so i do the changes - save the changed map - create a package - open a new map - import the package - then close and reopen it?

19. Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Yes. If that doesn't work, send me the package and I'll see if I can find the problem.