• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I realized that the only reason I can never finish a map is because that would include the map, and the units, and the spells. All of which I hate doing. So I decided to make a map almost totally based on triggers called War of the Words. It is somewhat like Uther Party, except all the minigames have something to do with words or letters. If anyone has an idea for something that could be made into a minigame, feel free to tell me.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 10
Maybe make some math things like, put the following in number in increasing order, idk that might be boring though

Or you could make something like finish the word, like give them a word such as fini and tell them to complete the word (so the player types "finish)

Or you could Write out a sentence, and see which player copys that sentense first.

ill come up with more ideas later.

Level 15
i got an idea for it, it will require a few units, but not very many: You got a commander, which you moves around, the objective is to bomb the emenys. To bomb, you will have to type the coordinates of the emeny, to get the coordinates of an area, you hold the mouse over the target point (region or something) the regions has to be big Ex the map is a 64x64, there would be around 16 different places to bomb, so its possible to kill emenys (lol 316x745... Damn he was on 315x746). the first who kills a picked amount of players win. What do you think?, should be done whit only 1 unit!

Make one like manneroth in uther party, but differt. There are letters on the ground all in a jumble. You have to spell words, by clicking the right letters on the ground. The first person to find the letters for the word wins.

I don't think there's a game like that in Uther Party?If there's a new version will u plz gimme link?

Level 3
try to make a "magic battleground" kind of map ^^ i had this idea for some time now, but im making something else right now. nevermind if you dont know that game or even magic ^^

Level 2
ok the challenge has been set.

I'll give you two ideas for word based minigames that will be both fun AND involve a s#$%load of triggers for your enjoyment. I have never played uther party but by the sounds of the name it's prolly a war III version of mario party? close? anyhow...

GAME 1

Letter men break out!

The Plan:

Sneak your letter men out of prison by disguising them as an off duty guard!

How it's done:

Basically each player has 5 random units named from A-Z hidden from the visibility of the opposition at a location called the player's cell. The cells are set up around a central arena called the prison yard. The game consists of rounds, and every round a NPC player will spawn a 5 letter word (letters in order) in the middle of the arena, out of A-Z guard units. But there is one strange thing about these 5 letter words..... namely that they are missing one letter!

The objective of the player is to work out what the word is, then check if they have a letter man with the same name as the missing letter. If they do then they have to be the quickest one to type the missing letter, and if they are, their prisoner is set free! If they type the letter and do not have the correct unit, they gain another random prisoner in there cell. Also, if someone manages to free a prisoner that round then everyone else gains a cell mate. Each round is timed too, so if someone does not win everyone gets another cell mate (yet again). The winner is the first person to free all of their letter men. Game on!

Note

I feel this game will be a total bitch for you to trigger, not because the triggers are difficult, but because it will require heaps and heaps and HEAPS of them for it to work and have enough variation to be fun.

GAME 2

Critter Crusher

The Plan:

Critters are running rampant and it is your duty to blow them up! you only have satchel bombs however, so you have to time your detonation correctly or they will escape.

How it's done:

Each player starts with 50 points and has 5 lanes with a detonation circle a short distance from the end. Each lane is labelled a letter A, S, D, F, and G. Critters run down the lanes at various speeds and are randomly spawned. When the critter passes over the detonation circle it is the players responsibility to press the key corresponding to that lane to blow them up. If the player detonates a bomb without killing a critter, then they lose 1 point. If a critter gets through then they lose a massive 5 points. Once a bomb has been detonated all lanes suffer a cooldown allowing a chance for a critter to escape. When a player loses 50 points they are eliminated, and the winner is declared when only 1 player remains.

Note

This one is not so much a word game as it is a dance dance/guitar hero clone. It is however full of triggers, and simpler then Game 1 to write.

Hopefully these ideas spawn some interest in you, and maybe even help you complete that map you've just been dying to create. Happy map making yo!

Level 15
ill got a game: Sucide
The objective is to get your peasant killed first.
Each round one of these spell names will be chosed by a computer.
Flame Strike, Frost Nova, Storm Bolt, Shockwave and Death Coil.
The players will have to type in the random choosed spell name by typing it, if the name is correct the spell will be triggered on you (ect, the word was Flame Strike and player 2 types flame strike, then a Blood Mage will be spawned and Cast an flame strike on you, and you loose 20 out of 100 hp)
if you type a wrong spellname a paladin will be spawned and heal you for 5 hp
(oh no, i got healed xD)
The first player who get himself killed wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.