• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Opinions on Minigame Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My game essentially is just all minigames. It will seems like Uther's Party but with more updated games. I am thinking of adding in the minigames: Barrel Run (made by me but now with no lag), Cage Fight, and a game like Spellcraft basically. I was wondering what all else I should add and what everyone thinks of it.

Barrel Run: A game where the object is simply to reach the end in the allotted time. Go to each barrel to progress, dodge the obstacles. Lots of useless trigger involved generally in spamming to get your attention off the task at hand.

Cage Fight: A short game in which the two teams select a hero and battle to the death. Ranges include 8 different heroes still yet to be decided on.

Spellcraft: An interesting game in which you form your OWN spells and use them to battle off the bosses. Fast paced action. Different spell set and now a combine button so you don't end up with the wrong spell.

And of course there still is the yet to be decided. Please post with ideas. Much obliged.

Level 18
Looking at the length of a game, the first one seems alright. The second is probably fine if you can keep it quick, but the last one will be way too big to be marked a minigame. I don't think you'll be able to change anything on that to make it a minigame unless you give the boss 100 life and spells that do just that damage at their first level.

Level 9
Do spellcraft as there is no other minigame map that contains something like it.
Just do a maximum of 3 bosses with 2 waves of creeps between each one.

Level 9
Not really. Choose spells, fight units, fight bosses. With 3 bosses it would last a max of 3-5 minutes.
Who says what a mini-game is? Basically if teh boss follows the general rubrick of a minigame-game its not gonna be original and its gonna suck.
He should come out of the box and do stuff that hasnt been done before. It doesnt have to be spellcraft but its a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.