• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Minigames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I came up with this original (hopefully) for a zombie game. Most or all zombie games are about surviving waves of the frightful undead. I want to try something different. The game will be a series of zombie minigames like defend the house, find the infected marine, road rage (vehicle lvl), and others. But not sure if this is even something that would slightly interest anyone.. :cool:

Have some basic concept of some of the game:
1. Might have story
2. option to go through story or just play the minigames
3. not all the heroes are in each game (but every one has units)
4. in certain maps you an play as special zombies

Some of the Games:
1. Defend the house
2. Road Rage (vehicle mission)
3. Escape the Forest
4. Kill the Infected Marine
5. Hunt down the mad scientist
6. Protect the miners
and many more

Last edited:
Level 9
If you've played halo you could get some ideas from some of the infection maps there. But a couple of ideas i have are:

Township: 1 player is a zombie and the rest are normal players. The humans have 30 seconds to build a base in one of the 5 building locations. To defend themselves, if they survive for 5 minutes they win. Giving them some kind of score.

Offtopic: You should have a point system were players get points based off what place they get in the mini game.

Level 3
Zombie mini game would be awesome!

But I think so as long as it is an actual party game like Uther Party (I'm assuming it is), just based on a zombie invasion.

Now noting this, I have some ideas for your existing mini games, and some new ones.

First - you should have Classic Mode, in which players try to individually win points and Team Mode, which is the players versus each other in two teams.

1. Defend the house
Make this simple, with a small house (enough room to move around) and like four or five entrances. Although, you should make it strategy based. Like, being able to lay a certain amount of explosive barrels.

This sounds pretty awesome. Everybody has buggies, driving through zombies. Normally, you should have to avoid zombies in a medium area, hitting them will kill you. But, you should make it so if you use the Rage ability, you will kill zombies you hit.

3. Escape the Forest
Make this with the survivors separated, in a dark forest where you can only see in a very short range. You have 3 speed boosts, and 1 flare. Your attack can take down a few zombies, but you can easily be overwhelmed. This is all about survival.

You should make this in a courtyard with walls. The attacks will be shot in a line, so you can dodges them. Its everybody versus a giant, mutated overpowered zombie marine (In the Classic Mode I suggested earlier, maybe somebody could be the infected marine).

I got nothing on this one - I personally don't like it.

6. Protect the miners
In Classic Mode everybody should have their own miners to protect. In Team Mode, teams should have a group of miners to protect. You are on walls overlooking your "quarry" where your miners work, and your shooting down zombies.

Now my ideas...

Zombie Trappin'
You and the other marines are in the middle of a collapsed mine. Soon the zombies will come for you, but luckily the miners had mines and an assortment of traps, and each marine has a number of traps. You are supposed to dig through the area, lay traps behind you find new ones, and just survive.

Mow Em' Down
You and the marines are behind barricades with artillery. All the artillery is lined up, and when you activate one (by pressing "D"), it shoots artillery forward, killing all zombies. For every zombie you kill, you get a point. At the end of a round, or when the zombies kill you, whoever has the most points win.

Kamikaze!
Each marine is a ticking time bomb - at any second they will explode. They are in an arena full of zombies. If you are attacked by zombies, you will blow up. You have two abilities - Cut a Cord and Electromagnetic Shield. Cut a Cord will reduce the amount of time you have 'til the explosion by three seconds. Electromagnetic Shield will make you invincible for 5 seconds, but if your time bomb goes off while it's up, nothing happens, you just die. When you blow up, every zombie you blow up counts as a point for you. When everybody is dead, whoever has the most points wins.

the Undead Labyrinth
The Undead Labyrinth is a giant pacman-like dungeon. You actually move like pac-man (you are constantly moving, and left and right turns you). The only difference is - instead of 5 ghosts, there are hundreds of zombies attacking you. There are also no points to get, but there is Rage, which will make you mow through zombies.

That's it for now.

if there Is a story mode though, shady, ur ideas wouldn't be right since the players would be against each other.

You should have a game like, Zombie Chain reactions, where, you blow up one zombie, setting chain reactions for other zombies, and whoever can get the highest chain score, wins

Each zombie would be +1 point. each Chained zombie would give x2 of the last chained zombie

I.E. if you get a 5 chain combo, +1,+2,+4,+8,+16 points

Level 7
Zombie mini game would be awesome!

But I think so as long as it is an actual party game like Uther Party (I'm assuming it is), just based on a zombie invasion.

Now noting this, I have some ideas for your existing mini games, and some new ones.

First - you should have Classic Mode, in which players try to individually win points and Team Mode, which is the players versus each other in two teams.

1. Defend the house
Make this simple, with a small house (enough room to move around) and like four or five entrances. Although, you should make it strategy based. Like, being able to lay a certain amount of explosive barrels.

This sounds pretty awesome. Everybody has buggies, driving through zombies. Normally, you should have to avoid zombies in a medium area, hitting them will kill you. But, you should make it so if you use the Rage ability, you will kill zombies you hit.

3. Escape the Forest
Make this with the survivors separated, in a dark forest where you can only see in a very short range. You have 3 speed boosts, and 1 flare. Your attack can take down a few zombies, but you can easily be overwhelmed. This is all about survival.

You should make this in a courtyard with walls. The attacks will be shot in a line, so you can dodges them. Its everybody versus a giant, mutated overpowered zombie marine (In the Classic Mode I suggested earlier, maybe somebody could be the infected marine).

I got nothing on this one - I personally don't like it.

6. Protect the miners
In Classic Mode everybody should have their own miners to protect. In Team Mode, teams should have a group of miners to protect. You are on walls overlooking your "quarry" where your miners work, and your shooting down zombies.

Now my ideas...

Zombie Trappin'
You and the other marines are in the middle of a collapsed mine. Soon the zombies will come for you, but luckily the miners had mines and an assortment of traps, and each marine has a number of traps. You are supposed to dig through the area, lay traps behind you find new ones, and just survive.

Mow Em' Down
You and the marines are behind barricades with artillery. All the artillery is lined up, and when you activate one (by pressing "D"), it shoots artillery forward, killing all zombies. For every zombie you kill, you get a point. At the end of a round, or when the zombies kill you, whoever has the most points win.

Kamikaze!
Each marine is a ticking time bomb - at any second they will explode. They are in an arena full of zombies. If you are attacked by zombies, you will blow up. You have two abilities - Cut a Cord and Electromagnetic Shield. Cut a Cord will reduce the amount of time you have 'til the explosion by three seconds. Electromagnetic Shield will make you invincible for 5 seconds, but if your time bomb goes off while it's up, nothing happens, you just die. When you blow up, every zombie you blow up counts as a point for you. When everybody is dead, whoever has the most points wins.

the Undead Labyrinth
The Undead Labyrinth is a giant pacman-like dungeon. You actually move like pac-man (you are constantly moving, and left and right turns you). The only difference is - instead of 5 ghosts, there are hundreds of zombies attacking you. There are also no points to get, but there is Rage, which will make you mow through zombies.

That's it for now.

they are all good ideas, mad scientist would probably take alot of space i
think unless its something to find him amongst zombie masses

iw got one idea too, ever played volcano run? :mwahaha:
same idea instead you have zombies behind you :D

and one more thing, i think road rage should be instead, evrybody has a
desert bug car (with front windows to avoid blood on ur clothes)
and then they need to drive over as many zombies as possible, game
ends when all zombies are dead

Level 6
hmm nice ideas willy.

Update
Have finished terraining for the first to games and the starting area.
1. Kill the infected marine
2. A little AoS style game were you fight to destroy the zombie HQ
3. Working on defend the house

Level 7
Dont just make marines have normal attack please make it like in ET or Toysoldiers :grin: its a little harder but also funnier.

Level 7
well you have a "spell" then you have to target where you wanna shot (its really cool) hope you can use it, i think the spell is based on shockwave but im not sure how to make it realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.