• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Three Hammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Thane Modoran - Bronzebeard - Hero

Ruler of the Bronzebeard clan.

Spells:
King's Will - (active target) Target unit gains 10/15/20% attack and movement speed. Can target on self. Low mana cost and cooldown to be used in combination with King's Blessing on a unit.

Dual Smite - (active) The next attack will do double the damage and stun for 1 second and slow for 10/15/20% for 3sec. Fast cooldown low mana cost for spamming.

King's Blessing - (active target) Target unit is buffed but if it moves too far from the king it loses the buff (range is slightly smaller than aura). Lasts 20 seconds. Cannot be cast on heroes nor on self. Unit gains +10/15/20 damage, +1/2/3 armor. 10/20/25% damage dealt by King heals this unit and vice versa. Moderate mana cost and cooldown.

King's Presence - (aura, ultimate) Friendly units gain 20% attack speed and +2 armor while enemy units lose 10% attack speed and get -2 armor.

Model by camel's_hump
Animations by Chriz.
Texture by antihero
Animations:

Dwarven_King_Animations_by_VG_Chriz.gif
Dwarven_King_Portrait_Animated_by_VG_Chriz.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Mountaineer - Bronzebeard - Unit

As the citizens of Ironforge expanded into the surrounding areas, the order of the mountaineers was founded. Their mission is to safeguard the roads and settlements from dangers.

Model by camel's_hump
Animations by Chriz.
Texture by camel's_hump
Animations:

Dwarven_Mountaineer_Animations_by_VG_Chriz.gif

Level 8
The models, textures and animations are beyond greatness, that's a fact. Though I'm not quite satisfied with the hero spells, there could be a lot better and creative, especially with those animations.
I also dig those stories :) :) :)

Oh, and are there gonna be icons?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

We might get around to icons depending on how busy we are when the models are finished. We aren't going to do screenshot icons though, that's just lame. We'd have custom drawn icons. Like this one anti did for Thane:

attachment.php

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

And what's the approximate size of a WoTTH unit?
I'm thinking 350-500 kb.

Thane:
118 kb for the model.
684 kb for the texture.

None of the models are more than 200 kb, but the textures are all roughly over 600 kb.

And HT, the animations are all made using TCB controllers and FK, nothing fancy.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Prospector Jorin Brordi - Bronzebeard - Hero

Good friend and companion of Captain Drenn Stoneaxe.

Spells:

Diamond Dust - Removing a fistful of diamonds from his pocket, Jorin throws a swarm of piercing diamonds towards a targeted enemy unit. The target and all enemy units around it take damage and are slowed for a short duration.

Prospector Lens (passive)- Gives Jorin Brordi a line of sight boost and true sight.

Miner's Awareness (aura) - Boosts units' attack and defense ratings that are near Jorin Brordi.

(Ultimate) Dynamite Throw - Throws a pack of dynamites at selected area. Causing great damage to units and buildings caught in its range.(Destroys trees)
Takes 3/2/1 seconds to detonate. Causes 300/400/450 dmg.

Model edits by camel's_hump
Base mesh by Blizzard and Whitehorn
Texture by camel's_hump

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'm sure we can release both 512 and 256 versions; some might prefer the high quality.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I really don't see why compress them, it's not like they're that big and computers/warcraft can handle a lot more than that.

It's not that Warcraft can't handle them, it's that there's a maximum filesize for B.net maps.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

ramridercopyem3.png

Ramrider - Bronzebeard - Unit

The elusive rams of Dun Morogh have been tamed by the Bronzebeards, and now serves both as beasts of burden and now, in the war of the three hammers, beasts of war. They carry their brave riders into battle, and there are few who would stand up to their furious charge.

Spells:

Pummel - Stuns the targeted unit

Model edits by Nasrudin
Base mesh by Blizzard
Texture by camel's_hump
Icon by camel's_hump

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It is based on Garithos.

This is an older model for the project, Happy, so there are small things like that present.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It is worse quality than the others, but in game it looks just fine in my opinion. I actually like it.

Yes, back then they were more or less model edits, let me show you: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=81870

But around the time I joined the team we began fully custom models such as the ones you've seen in this thread. The quality has been increasing with every model we create.

Anyway, here are the other three icons we have so far, they are Drenn, the Crossbowman and the Mountaineer. Made by camel of course.

btnbbdrenncopyff4.png
btnbbcrossbowmancopyvo0.png
btnbbmountaineerfu0.png

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Gross, take out Drenn and the Mountaineer. Those are crap icons.

To be honest, I think if you took a bit of time to give the mountaineer some contrast and a bit of a face redesign it could pass as a good icon. I'll leave them, but people can see that you aren't happy with them.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Yeah I didn't use to be very good at all :X I think we should kill all model edits.

The ramrider is definitely good enough in my eyes. Same with Jorin Brordi. We have a lot of model edits still, and we're already having problems finishing what's left. Let's not lose sight of the main goal, camel.

Level 12
The ramrider is definitely good enough in my eyes. Same with Jorin Brordi. We have a lot of model edits still, and we're already having problems finishing what's left. Let's not lose sight of the main goal, camel.

Lose site of the goal? The goal was to make an outstanding project, not just try to finish the project.

And HappyTauren it's WotTH actually, not WotH:p

Lose site of the goal? The goal was to make an outstanding project, not just try to finish the project.

And HappyTauren it's WotTH actually, not WotH:p

Oh it was soo lame >.< Fixed now anyway. And camel, first finish stuff there is no replacement for, then, when everything is done, go back and redo stuff you don't like.
And frosty, firelord is contradicting your name.
I think this is good set of avatars, but firelord is best :3

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

HappyTauren said:
And camel, first finish stuff there is no replacement for, then, when everything is done, go back and redo stuff you don't like.

My point exactly. We can always touch things up or re-texture an old model, but we'd best finish our roster completely in case we no longer have the time or willpower to make the repairs.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Ironbreaker - Bronzebeard - Unit

The ironbreakers are the backbone of the Bronzebeards army. They are tough, strong and prepared to do everything in order to safeguard Ironforge. These brave warriors fight with honor and skill.

Spells:

Break – Has a chance of reducing the enemies' armor

Model edits by camel's_hump
Base mesh by Blizzard
Texture by camel's_hump
Hammer model by Mc !
Updated texture here: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=18735&d=1167947275

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I didn't realize it had changed until I made the image and didn't want to do it all over again. Besides, I personally prefer the old one.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

We don't have many at all.

But would gladly recruit any talented people willing to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.