• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

War of Emperium

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is an unfinished map that I worked on for a few months while trying to learn the map editor. I got caught up in making skills and never completed the map itself.

It's supposed to be a crossover between DOTA and RAGNAROK Online, so the custom characters and skills here are from Ragnarok Online which is created by myself.

All the skills are Multi Instance safe.

This also contains a battle system that is based from Ragnarok, as well as calculations for damage, hit, dodge, def, attack, magic attack, etc.

I'm hoping someone can continue my work. Or use it however you please on your own project.
There is no copyright intended on this map except for Blizzard/Warcraft probably.

Let me know what you think, or send me an a message if you have questions.
Previews
Contents

War of Emperium (Map)

I can see a lot of effort went into making this map but frankly this isn't the section for it - this isn't a spell submission, it's an unfinished map submission
regardless after a quick skim thought I'd point out a few things as if this were the proper section
- The "A unit is attacked" event is abuse-able, use a damage detection system instead
- Use SetUnitX/Y instead of move unit instantly when possible
- None of your spells have any configuration
- I'd generally advise against utilizing floating text in spells as it can be seen through the fog of war
- Don't use custom values of units to index things, use either a unit indexer or do it with variables instead
- Store values referenced a lot (such as triggering unit) in temporary variables for faster access
- Don't use timer speeds like every 1 second or 0.02 -> the latter is too slow (has up to 0.99 second latency) and 0.02 is too fast (no need to have things run 40 times per second, you won't notice it) generally speaking we say use 0.03 (or 1/32)
- Dummy units should be owned by a neutral player as to not mess up scorescreens
- Damage source of abilities should be the caster, not dummy units

There is more but there's a lot of code to go through and it's kind of pointless since this isn't the section to be uploading unfinished work in anyway