• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War for Earth V.2.48

Note: the lag problem present in V.2.45-2.456 has been fixed (hopefully) in v.2.457 and onwards.

War for Earth is a map that is about conquering the world as one of 25 countries.

Main Features:
- Choose one of four different government types (Democracies, Dictatorships, Monarchies and Soviet-styled governments), each with their strengths and weaknesses
- Decieve your enemies by conducting sneaky attacks with spies
- Conquer the world as one of 25 countries, with almost all countries being different in some way that doesn't include starting location
- Conquer the Mars and Moon to gain access to additional resources
- Utilize a three-way counter system to win (if you don't then you will be laughably easy to beat, except if you use massive numbers)
- Use everybody's favourite Weapon of Mass Destruction when it comes to games in modern setting: Nuclear Missiles

Setting:
War for Earth doesn't actually occur in any particular time, and it cannot be described as
a completely serious map either (cavalry and tanks for example, or zombies being usable)
Yes, the map is horribly scaled and I know that.

New Features (implemented as of version 2.38):
- Organizations
Choose one of multiple organizations and cooperate with its members to try and
achieve World Domination.
The available organizations are (currently):

The UN (United Nations) which is available to all government types and only grants you
vision of member states (and grants them vision of your state).

The Comintern (Communist International) which is only available to soviet-styled
governments and democracies.

The Axis which is available primarily to dictatorships and monarchies, but democracies
can also join.

Suggestions on other organizations to add are always welcome (I have about one or
two more spaces that should be filled with organizations, preferably for a unique
combination of government types that can join)

- Game Modes
choose one of three (currently) game modes:

Rule, Britannia! in which you have to control Britannia! in order to gain access to
nuclear weapons.

Zombie Invasion, in which player number 11 is the infected horde whose option is to
destroy all the humans. Disables space exploration and infection virus research.

No Nukes, disables nuclear weapons.
Can be combined with other game modes (excluding Rule, Britannia!).

New Feature implemented as of version 2.42
- "AI" players
Some players can be set to computer in the pre-game lobby, these are:

Player 8 (Pink) who will become the ukrainian part of the Soviet Union
Player 9 (Grey) who will become a southern part of China
Player 10 (Light Blue) who will become Austria-Hungary
Player 11 (Dark Green) who will become the Infected Horde

NOTE: The computer players are not guaranteed to be free of leaks (mostly because I'm too lazy to fix it).

Credits:
Me (Helpers/terranempire) - the creator of the map
WILL THE ALMIGHTY - for pretty much all effects related to nuclear weapons (explosions,
launching sequence)
General Frank - The Capitalism, Communism and Federalism Icons
All testers - This'll do for credit to them I guess, their quite many(although I might consider listing the most important ones later) and I have forgotten some of them.

Suggestions on how to improve the map is always welcome

Keywords:
War, for, Earth, Conquest, Risk, soviet, UN, nuke
Contents

War for Earth V.2.48 (Map)

Reviews
18:27, 7th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Attach some screenshots to map description so guys like me who don't like to read all that text (without color and stuff) can see map!

If I like terrain I test map! Simple as that! Btw. I told you this because there is tons of users, and peoples who will click on your map, wait sec or 2 and then leave it because they don't see nothing that will interest them! Add simple tables, color your text, place screenshots, maybe even video! increase text size do what you want, thrust me, you have nothing to lose!

Here is BB Code so try your best!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I frigin loved it.

Though you can't really ally in this map, just ceasefire. You could also consider adding some actual features to make the UN and the other organizations worth joining rather then just vision. Also, you might want to add more things to do in space as only 1 building can be built per government type. I find that rather lacking ><. But other than that It's a great map!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
When I am playing this map with my friend against 3 computers, we are encountering lags when we get income and these lags are getting worse by every income! We would be able to play with that however after some time the game gets critical error and crashes. Can you fix that please?

Level 4
is this map dead? cause i really like it and would like to see more game types :D

my idea for a new game type (zombies are fun no nukes doesnt seem to be a game type more just.. well... no nukes and rule britannia is ok but doesnt change the face of the game) is an Alien Invasion :D, DG controls Mars as his main planet, he can either have to unite it or it can all start as his then he can have a few areas to land in around say 5-10 minutes into the game and then the world can continue fighting each other and hope for the best or unite under one banner to fight off the common enemy :)

Level 6
Well currently, if this project is not dead, I personally would suggest fixing the leaks.

Well, this map (along with all my other war3 projects) are as dead as my war3 gaming. Question is though if anybody's still playing war3 because if so, then I might re-install war3 and attempt to resume at least this map (especially since my next project was sadly lost).

I had thought of moving onto starcraft 2 but with its horrible custom game system and horribly user un-friendly editor...that kinda died almost immediately. If anybody would like to help with this map then that would be much appreciated as well.

EDIT: about the leaks: both the AI players and the income system does leak. However, I've never had too much problem with that. (I haven't really fixed it cuz I'm lazy like that...or atleast I think that was the reason. I'm not sure right now though, it was a couple of years ago I last dabbled in war3 modding)

Level 27
Well, this map (along with all my other war3 projects) are as dead as my war3 gaming. Question is though if anybody's still playing war3 because if so, then I might re-install war3 and attempt to resume at least this map (especially since my next project was sadly lost).

I had thought of moving onto starcraft 2 but with its horrible custom game system and horribly user un-friendly editor...that kinda died almost immediately. If anybody would like to help with this map then that would be much appreciated as well.

EDIT: about the leaks: both the AI players and the income system does leak. However, I've never had too much problem with that. (I haven't really fixed it cuz I'm lazy like that...or atleast I think that was the reason. I'm not sure right now though, it was a couple of years ago I last dabbled in war3 modding)

May I object about editor beeing pretty much as friendly as editor this functional can be? Modding community for SC2 is pretty much alive, just needs a little speed boost, you know, few major mode releases...

Level 6
May I object about editor beeing pretty much as friendly as editor this functional can be? Modding community for SC2 is pretty much alive, just needs a little speed boost, you know, few major mode releases...

I'm sorry, but it seems like you've misinterpreted me.

As far as I know, war3 modding and what not is dead.
The SC2 editor is not user friendly. Things that were very easy in World Edit is horribly confusing in Galaxy Edit. Most notably unit models, and weapons.

I never stated that the modding communtiy in SC2 died. I'm stating that my willingness to mod SC2 died, on account of the aforementioned issues (on top of the horrible ladder system which keeps some maps on top, and the rest in the dirt).

Sorry if I confused you.

Level 27
I'm sorry, but it seems like you've misinterpreted me.

As far as I know, war3 modding and what not is dead.
The SC2 editor is not user friendly. Things that were very easy in World Edit is horribly confusing in Galaxy Edit. Most notably unit models, and weapons.

I never stated that the modding communtiy in SC2 died. I'm stating that my willingness to mod SC2 died, on account of the aforementioned issues (on top of the horrible ladder system which keeps some maps on top, and the rest in the dirt).

Sorry if I confused you.

Well, yes, the raiting system is terrible... but the editor is not as unfriendly as you call it, esspecially after such changes... if you manage to adapt to the editor, you'll discover t has just epic posibilities - models... yea that's hard but gives so much things we culdn't do back in Warcraft 3... and the current wweapon system is so much better.

Level 27
Erm no, there are a lot of more changes than you imagine. The game is programmed with completely different programming language and different engine, so it's not "few graphics changes". That's like saying WoW is same as chess. Plus some things like work just completely different, like abilities from Warcraft 3 are now technically effects, abilities and behaviors. How do you imagine combining them in one?

Oh and sorry if I went a little bit off-topic...