• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle for the Earth v 1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Another AoS map that is somehow different from the others, because at an early time, all of the players will meet at the middle for the creep's path are all connected. For example. the scourge top's lane will go the Sentinel's bottom lane, same as the top of the sentinel going to the bottom. Mid lane will stay the same.
- 15 Custom heroes with their own triggered spells. Goal is 20+

- 30+ items. (i think, or more)

- Different type of kill system

Notes:
The spells in this map are not MUI, because i dont plan on making a Dual Same Type Hero Mode or somethin' like that.
BTW: I did not get resources from hive other than the icons and models (sorry if not specified, i forgot those names. But they are remembered in God's eyes ^^), and i thank those people whos models i used. Nothing copied, from spells to system ^^
THIS MAP IS LOCKED AND OPTIMIZED FOR FASTER LOADING

Keywords:
Battle for the Earth, AoS
Contents

Battle for the Earth v 1 (Map)

Reviews
20:43, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Everyone needs to be listed under credits. Also how about a preview image? To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and...

M

20:43, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

Everyone needs to be listed under credits.
Also how about a preview image?
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Lacking description: Template

Contact Me

Level 13
Battle for the Earth v1.0

Terrain:
It is ok. There are some variations and it doesn't feel empty.
In my opinion some waterfalls are misplaced because the water flows upwards.

Heroes:
I played the "troll skullplinter". The abilities fit together, but you should choose a passive button for passive abilities.

Items:
I was too lazy to test them, but there are no dota clones :)

Gameplay:
At first I thought you made a mistake with the upper lane. if the sentinel reach the upper middle, they walk to the middle lane. But then I recognized that some units of other lanes are walking betwenn the lanes. I don't know if that is wanted.
It is realy funny that the undead towers turn when they attack. I never saw that before. But you have to lower the point where the missle starts.
I did not recognize any leaks.

The file name is too long, the map is not playable for many people!
I suggest: BftE 1.0

If you choose fractions like horde and alliance, it shouldn't be possible to choose a troll as an alliance player (for example).
It is never a good idea to mention something about dota in an aos map, it realy downrate your project. Also you should try to implement a multiboard instead of a leaderboard.

All in all, there is nothing special or new, but it is a decent map and could be fun in multiplayer parties.