• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Clans

Objective

Survive in the wild and eliminate your enemy Clan before they kill you first, but be careful you don't starve to death first!
Gameplay

Hunt Deer to eat, other animals for building materials and mine resources to build. If your Hunger reaches 0 and you have no tent to revive at, game over for you, luckily reviving is free it just takes a while! Raise an army to destroy your enemies but don't forget to watch your hunger.
Features

This map's features include...
  • Resource mining (attack to gain 1 resource).
  • Items as resources (gold, wood, stone and iron).
  • Buying and selling items for other items (Since items are used as resources, you use the "gold" item to buy items from shops).
  • All items have custom models.
  • 2 custom abilities: Lightning Strike by Paladon, Pathfinder by 13oot-Me.
  • Upgrade melee, ranged and armor with crafted item's.
  • Purchase units and/or items with resource items.

Lightning Strike: A lightning bolt comes down from the sky and does an amount of damage in a 200 radius to all units within that radius.

Pathfinder: Allows the caster to locate a (if Pathfinder is level 1) Deer, (if Pathfinder is level 2) the caster is able to locate a Wolf and (if Pathfinder is level 3) the caster is also able to locate a Bear somewhere on the map.
New Additions/Fixes

• Warlock - 'Heal' ability and 'Raise Dead' ability
  • Randomly added number for each Venison, to be added to 'Hunger'
  • Fixed the camera so everyone can use it

• Fixed a bug that would crash the game
  • All buildings are shared by the team
  • Now a 15% chance to burn your food

• Fixed a bug that would give a finished building to the wrong team
  • Fixed a bug where you were unable to train units
  • Changed team 2's hero attack type form magic to normal, both teams are equal
May 8th, 2013
  • Added new Critters: "Boar" and "Rabbit"
  • Added more food: "Pork and "Rabbit"
  • Removed the Tent
  • Added a Potion of Revival which can be used on gravestones to revive dead allies
  • Critters now move around
Screenshots

WC_01.jpg

WC_02.jpg

WC_03.jpg
Credits
Thanks to the people who make the models, icons and spells that are in this project!

Models and their creators:
  • Bag With Gold - Guardian
  • Beartrap - Pyramidhe@d
  • Meat - TLI-Inferno
  • Stone Big - Ergius
  • Wood Big - Ergius
  • Gold Ore - Ergius
  • Iron Ore - Ergius
  • Green Potion - General Frank
  • Blue Potion - General Frank
  • Small Purple Potion - General Frank
  • Felguard Green - epsilon
  • Fir - Fingolfin
  • Cataclysm Flower - Sellenisko
  • Pyrolia - Callahan
  • Warlock Green - 13oot-Me
  • Warlock Chaos - 13oot-Me
  • Invasion Vine - Callahan
  • Master Axe - jatter2
  • Master Axe 2 - jatter2
  • Deathshield - N00byStance
  • Orc Shield - perfjert
  • Orc Assassin Blade - Uncle Fester

Icons and their creators:
  • Bloodlust - KelThuzad
  • Fire Pit - maxor_gan
  • Chain Lightning - kola
  • Pyrolia - Callahan
  • Mushroom - Mr.Goblin
  • Death Coil - Mr.Goblin
  • Potion1 - Mr.Goblin
  • Potion2 - Mr.Goblin
  • Potion3 - Mr.Goblin
  • Lots of Lumber - NFWar
  • Rabbit Meat - darkdeathknight
  • Stone_10 - Blizzard
  • Pelt_Wolf - Blizzard
  • Pelt_Bear - Blizzard
  • Herb_07 - Blizzard
  • Herb_03 - Blizzard
  • Food_14 - Blizzard
  • Food_16 - Blizzard
  • Ingot_04 - Blizzard
  • Gold Coins - Blizzard
  • Tracking - Blizzard

Skins and their creators:
  • Fallow Deer - Stanakin
  • Orc Cursor - communist_orc

Spells and their creators:
  • Lightning Strike - Paladon
  • Pathfinder - 13oot-Me

Systems and their creators:
  • Camera - The_Flood
  • Easy Item Stack and Split - Dangerb0y
  • Weather - 13oot-Me

If I used something you made but your not in the credits, please pm me and I will put you in!
Please be sure to rate and give feedback in the comments!

Keywords:
War Clans, war clans, Survival, Hungry, Forest, Cave, 13oot-Me
Contents

War Clans (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet22:29, 9th May 2013 Renew of moderation as requested War Clans (May 8, 2013) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet22:29, 9th May 2013

Comment

Review

Renew of moderation as requested
War Clans (May 8, 2013)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"War Clans" is a Survival game where a player must build structures but in order to do so must search for materials instead of the standard gold/lumber resources, this also gets the game going with competitors for gathering materials as well as dominance.

"I like the rush, the hideout and survival status of players that they need to gather stuff as well fending off against others, a good map for friends or online no much problems found in-game instead useful information regarding about how to play and game commands."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The Terrain is a beauty, it gives eye-candy for viewers as well as a strategic motive for them to hide and survive throughout the game."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall its one splendid work, a functioning gameplay as well as one fine terrain build, although I spot some icons that were missing a disabled button mind of checking it out, overall a good piece."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
11/1587%B

12:15, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael: Status: Approved

A preview image would be nice:
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.
Also how about some screenshots.

Level 5
The only thing that sucks here is that:
U have a team but you don't play as a team. U can help each other gather resources but you have to build your own type of structure which sucks.

Level 8
You should use Bribe's DDS since you can abuse the resources (trees, rocks, etc) by attacking it and canceling it immedietly.
I'm not too worried about that. Unless I was testing that wrong it doesn't have to hard an effect other than you deal less damage to the resource.

@SeekAndDestroy, I will put up some screenshots soon!

The only thing that sucks here is that:
U have a team but you don't play as a team. U can help each other gather resources but you have to build your own type of structure which sucks.
So do you think that if you build (for example) a fire, it should be given to a computer player and be shared through that computer by all on that team?

Level 5
So do you think that if you build (for example) a fire, it should be given to a computer player and be shared through that computer by all on that team?

And it would unlock the building that need it.
ex.
if player 1 builds a fire, then player 2 can build a market.

also all players should be able to be resurrected at a tent but the living players will do something to resurrect the dead player like gather resources/potions or retrieve their corpses or maybe both

or maybe make a totem/building that resurrects players instead of a tent.

Level 8
MR.Tricky said:
And it would unlock the building that need it.
ex.
if player 1 builds a fire, then player 2 can build a market.

also all players should be able to be resurrected at a tent but the living players will do something to resurrect the dead player like gather resources/potions or retrieve their corpses or maybe both

or maybe make a totem/building that resurrects players instead of a tent.
That's a good idea, I think i'll work on that for the next update.

For the resurrection of players I will make them gather herbs and have them use that to buy an item that allows them to choose which player is resurrected

Level 5
Just a suggestion, it was cool that the characters had different weapons but that's pretty much it, so maybe you could the the players choose different equipments(eg. different weapons/clothing etc) and each has different effects, So it wouldn't only be a survival map, it would be a survival hero arena type of map. Just a suggestion though, feel free to disregard this comment.

Level 19
Not orignal sir...
Island troll tribes or jungle trolls or even winter survival. The idea is good, but 4 maps? even if island troll tribes or jungle trolls are not from hive, it's still the same gamimg way. Nice differences thought in resourses system, weapons and heros.

Level 8
Thanks for all the feedback it's really appreciated!

@MR.Tricky, I don't think i'm going to turn this into an arena type map, but I just might add more customization to it's current state.

@Paillan, Honestly I didn't even know what Troll Tribes or anything like that was before I made this map, however I did know about Forest Life and that's what this map was inspired by (obviously with a few different things in them).

For those who are interested here are a couple things I plan on adding...
  • Removing the Tent and make it so your allies must revive you.
  • Increase the size of the map

Also if anyone is interested in terraining for this map, message me saying so with some screenshots of your terraining skills.

Level 3
I have a suggestion maybe at the start of the game make it ask how many players there are eg 1 2 3 4 5 etc because I like to play this but I have no one to play with and I but bots in but they die of hunger and the games ends.

So I think you should have AI or single player options. (Feel free to disagree. Thanks.)