• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War and Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
"May the Earthmother deal with these tools of disrupt, as we clearly cannot"
~ Tauren Wiseman on Tanks

Attachments

• War and Peace.jpg
    War and Peace.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 207
Level 4
No, the rocks are not what bothers me. What does bother me is that you took the screenshot ffrom the frog perspective, meaning that you placed your camera low on the ground and then looked upwards. Theoretically there is nothing wrong with that, however, in this perticular picture, it is messing with your trees. The models of the trees are clearly meant to be looked at from above, while the look very, very ugly when looked at from the ground. you can see more of the trunk than you can see leaves. So I recommend that you should use a different tree model, one that looks still good when you look at it from below.

Level 7
Some trees would be nice in the center background. You may also try putting some river rushes or gross or something of the like in the shallow sides of the water. Otherwise, pretty well done.

Level 34
Those rocks are really ugly frosty. I'd just put things along the banks, and make the river deep.

Level 24
Looks really good, the only thing that bothers me is the little variation in water (or atleast it doesnt look all that good).
The grass is growing a bit to close to water maybe.
Else its pretty well done, nice color variation, the doodad placements makes sense, the tank does look old and rusty and pretty original idea.

Level 4
jesus long time since ive been here....anyway did you just lift the terrain on one side of that tank or did you somehow rotate it on its axis....if you did rotate on axis ...how???

Status
Not open for further replies.