• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hymnain - Land of Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
"Uppon these ancient grounds have many battles been fought, people slain and and villages ravaged. It is thus vital to keep this once so war-torn place at peace, forever.. And ever.."

I made this terrain because I wanted to terrain a place in my Dawn of Life story, Hymnain, a place in the Elven empire with many rivers and overgrown nature, which uppon its raining almost constantly and there are Willow trees as long as the eye can see.

Enjoy :D

Update!

Attachments

• WIP4.jpg
    WIP4.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 179
  • WIP5.jpg
    WIP5.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Level 20
Oh no its boring! Go on and add humans and orcs fightning? ><

In my opinion the terrain is just fine, but you dont really have to make a name like that. Dunno you could have used some fishes and bushes coming out on the water.

Level 36
Boaring you say? Hmmmz... Well, for this once I wanted to make a calm and peacefull terrain that is just relaxing to look at. Something wrong with that?! :p

And dont diss my choice of name, it do have a meaning you know :p

Well it's not exactly relaxing, it seems gloomy, dreary and full of whatever the opposite of contrast is. What I'm trying to point out here is that I think the use of colors is not so great simply because using gray to compliment green (or any color) is not always such a good idea, especially if you don't have anything from the other end of the spectrum. How about a pale blue fog? That might give a more tranquil look.

Level 19
It's good!
Not boring!
Yes it's sad!
I don't care about names imo, it's all about the terrain.

Little suggestion: less rain. You used heavy (ashenvale?) rain, but I would go for light rain.

Level 36
No Teuncreemers, I didnt use heavy rain. I use my own technique for rain.

And now I has updated the terrain, there are two shots, since I cant deside which one looks best, with or without the lights glowing.. I'll let you guys decide :p

And if you got any form for ideas and more feedback, feel free :D

Status
Not open for further replies.