• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Want a Skin Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
--Want a Skin Made? (Open To Requests)--

I am now designing skins so long as you can provide detailed description or a picture of what you want from me AND the texture for the model/ models you want skinned in TGA Or JPG format I will skin it for you and it will look good (Trust xD).

Here is a sample of my Work with a Marine for Command and Conquer. (I am sorry I cannot provide an in-game screenshot but you get the idea of what it will look like.)

attachment.php
attachment.php

NOTE: I do Not Make Models, I only change the skin existing models. I will also refuse to edit a custom skin without the creators permission and proof of their consent. Also DO NOT post a blp file i will only skin tga and jpg files.

How To Extract The Original Texture File

You will need an image extracting program such as War3 Viewer.

First you browse for the texture file you want. once you find it it will be in Blp format so change it in War3 Viewer to a jpg the post that here and tell me how you want it to look.

(REMEMBER I CANNOT ADD EXTRA BITS ON ONLY ADD DESIGNS AND CHANGE COLOUR NEITHER CAN I REMOVE WEAPONS ETC.)

Finally, If I do a good job you could give me rep but as there is so much of a problem with the subject of asking for rep I AM NOT ASKING FOR IT i am simply.. giving a hint xD however of course its not about rep for me its about credits in some way or another whether it indeed be rep or maybe just a mention in your map. Thanks xD

Last edited:
Level 2
yes iwould like some super hero models such as... superman batman and flash and i would like them too look like how they look on justice league series that happens thanks if you do them!!!

Level 6
hmm , can you make a good paladin's skin ? with better , much ''tougher'' looking armor with more extra things and better hammer ^^

Level 6
Well, since you're board which is bored >.> One skin that I'm interested in right now is the Orc Raider turned human with the human being cloaked in robes. Sort've like a nomad from the desert. I don't really see that wolf changing into an arabian horse but dunno, could go with a tiger perhaps. And yell if you still need the jpg or tga file extracted.

Level 24
Well, since you're board which is bored >.> One skin that I'm interested in right now is the Orc Raider turned human with the human being cloaked in robes. Sort've like a nomad from the desert. I don't really see that wolf changing into an arabian horse but dunno, could go with a tiger perhaps. And yell if you still need the jpg or tga file extracted.

Well remember that when you are texturing, you can't change shape on things like wolf, so he prolly can't make the wolf look really tiger looking D:

Level 8
ill get to work on that and i can now extract texture (computer is fixed) so dont worry about posting textures (although it saves me a job)

PROGRESS: |||||

I have change the flesh to look human and made the wold a sandy yellow colour aswell as giving the fur a shorter look. I have also added a scar to the rider and changed his hair. I am not sure if i can make him look as though he is wareing a cloak however it should be simple (but i have not done this before) I have also changed the helmet to look like a hood. What colour did you want his robe to be again?

Last edited:
Level 2
can you please make me a pheonix skin, but make it like the pheonix is a frost pheonix instead of like all fire (light blue and white, glowing frost instead of fire) please.
il get file in a sec

EDIT: having trouble finding pheonix >>
EDIT2: found em, there was 3, a portrait, some other one, and some kind of ribbon. i didnt know if u needed all of them so i just upload aall 3.
EDIT3: hmm they seem to appear..... blue for some reason. leme try and get in TGA

Attachments

• Phoenix2.TGA
    48 KB · Views: 72
  • PhoenixPortrait.TGA
    64 KB · Views: 84
  • RibbonNE1_Red.TGA
    8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Level 8
PROGRESS: |||||

Well Im not sure if these are the textures (they don't look like any textures i've seen) but nevertheless I have almost completed skinning them and did u want an Icon to go with it?

EDIT: I have just completed the Skin now testing in warcraft to see if they were the correct texture
EDIT: Texture works and looks good ingame but red glow still surrounds unit (am trying to find the phoenix mdx file now (unsuccessful) However am currently finding glowing textures) Model should be done within the hour.
EDIT: Skin Completed: I have included a Map and Preview Picture aswell as the requred textures (that can also be extracted from the map) also the map contains the stexture paths and instructions on map description "LOOK AT IT"

FINAL EDIT:Here is The Preview I thought it best so u could see the result before u dl it.
3902-phoenix-preview.jpg

Attachments

• Ice Phoenix.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks I appreciate the comment and I'm glad u like the skin, and btw that terrain only took about 5 mins to create lol if u look in the map u will see that that screen is the only place terrain was altered.

EDIT: I am still happy for any other skin requests also if u rep me (just to let u no if you're own rep is lower than 10 (i think) you're rep will count for nothing) but that doesn't mean i don't want it xD

EDIT on a note i am happy to allow my skins to be spread but if they are please do not put them in the resource section. I would prefer that my skins are unique and can only be found on this page.

Level 10
can you do futuristic skins? A lot of people have been bugging me to release my resources however I ripped the skin from Unreal so there's no way I'm releasing it, however if you could re-make the skin as an original it would be greatly appreciated. I'll post this to elfsilver aswell. +rep will be given if you want it :) plus full credit on the resource submission.

Level 8
I'd be happy to make that skin but I'm not entirely sure what u want skinned? which unit or are u talking about creating a whole new model. If u can explain in more detail i would be happy to create this and should have it done by tomorrow. However this would be my last skin for a few days as i am going to be on holiday for a few days should be back within 5 days tho. xD look forward to ur reply.

Level 10
Well, ok in more detail. People have been asking for the ships in my map to be released in the models section. However, this skin I'm using currently is just ripped from Unreal Tournament. In order to release the models I need an original skin. So what I wanted is for the texture to be rebuilt on the same rough guidlines E.g. Where there's pipes now there sohuld be pipes in the new texture. As each part of the texture is used as a 'tile' to map 'broken' faces to.

Other than to keep the peices the same size and roughly the same idea as the orignial the skies the limit ^^

Full credit and rep will be given.

Attachments

• Bridge.tga
    1 MB · Views: 72
Level 2
Thanks I appreciate the comment and I'm glad u like the skin, and btw that terrain only took about 5 mins to create lol if u look in the map u will see that that screen is the only place terrain was altered.

EDIT: I am still happy for any other skin requests also if u rep me (just to let u no if you're own rep is lower than 10 (i think) you're rep will count for nothing) but that doesn't mean i don't want it xD

EDIT on a note i am happy to allow my skins to be spread but if they are please do not put them in the resource section. I would prefer that my skins are unique and can only be found on this page.

when i said must spread i ment i must spread rep b4 giving to u again lol :grin:

Level 3
Can you skin the human blacksmith into something trollish? Like use textues from the orc voodo lodge or the actualy troll creep buildings?

Level 5
hey dude can u help me with this?
4057-warpig-marine-one-right-more-recent-starcraft-marine-actually-quite-skinny-compared-wc3-one-i-admit-texture-blows-but-thats-best-i-can-do.png

the texture is too blurry and unrealistic. I also messed up the color placements. The boots are supposed to be colored not the shin thing XD. silly me. Well id greatly appreciate it if you can help me out. Credit will be given to u of course.

Attachments

• Warpig.tga
    256 KB · Views: 65
Level 3
Can you skin the human blacksmith into something trollish? Like use textues from the orc voodo lodge or the actualy troll creep buildings? when you finish his can you make this?

Level 11
Axel

Well i got Hardcore request. Do This from Demonhunter

Instructions
===========
1. Basically the blindfold must be removed and recolor head.
2. The hair just needs recolor (I get modeler to make new hair for him).
3. The Body should turn into black cloak, that must be hard one.
4. The Legs are perfect already they just need to be bit darker.
5. Blades/Swords dont need recolor i get attachments.
6. The Shoes could be turned into boots or something.
7. Recolor the rest of visible skin.
8. [Done] I don't know the size of the skin but it would help to have better and lower poly version i guess... STill this is optional

I hope you good luck and thanks in advance :thumbs_up:

Pics:http://www.khcentral.net/images/kh2/axel.jpg

http://ui28.gamespot.com/1755/axel15diff_2.jpg

http://www.waynesantos.com/uploaded_images/Axel-740771.jpg

Level 13
Berserker to Dragon

Hey I figure I'll give this a go request wise. Have you seen 13lur's Dragoon Skin for the Troll Headhunter? I'm using that in my map, and was going through the model anims when I realized that if the Berserker had a Dragon Skin, the entire thing would be EPIC.

So, I'm attempting it myself but my skinning experience is nearly non-existant. I doubt I'll have favorable results.

Perhaps you could tackle it?

I've provided the Berserker skin. Just turn the cloth into armor and add armor wherever you think would be appropriate. Turn the flesh into dragon skin or scales and viola, the texture should be complete. Any other neato nick-nacks you add and whatever creative freedom you need is yours.

+Rep and Credit for doing it, of course. You can also post the skin on the website for others to use.

Here's the Dragoon skin:

HeadhunterDragoon - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Just to give you an idea of what I'm getting him to transform from.

Level 13
Oh no, no worries. I'm not asking you to modify HIS skin. I'm just giving you an idea of where I'm drawing the concept from.

What I am asking is if you could turn the berserker skin into a dragon troll. I dunno though, I'm attempting it with less than favorable results (I'm doing a lot of CnP on it). It's easy giving units armor, but trying to make a troll's skin look like a dragons aint so easy.

In sum: I'm not asking you to modify THAT. I think my attachment didn't attach so let me try again. The attachment in THIS one should be the right attachment.

Also attached is my poor attempt at my own request. Just to give you an idea of what DOESN'T work. (looks like the Thing)

Attachments

• BeserkHeadHunter.tga
    256 KB · Views: 63
  • DraconicBerserker.tga
    256 KB · Views: 60
Level 5
awesome thx dude. Looks much cleaner than mine, and not trying to be picky but, could u make the red part on the shoudlers more visible, because on the model, it kinda fades in. And also, if you could remove outlines on the shoulderpads, that'd be great. I think i should be able to edit the other little things. Also a battle worn appearance would be cool too though not really needed, and thanks again.

Level 9
Coud you make a lightning hero based on the lich model? With lightning instead of frost? I whoud be very thankfull and give credits in my coming map

Level 8
ok i have just come back from another vacation, and i am getting to work on these requests again,

NOTE: Madcd i will load the skin up however it may not work (i have not tested it).
NOTE: Undead Gnoll almost complete,
NOTE: Currently retexturing Berserker
NOTE: Having a Go at Lich
NOTE: Retexturing Warpig, again (can u post what the first one i created looked like ingame)

New Available Requests

I also can now remove weapons from models so i will be taking weapon removal models.

NOTE: I will soon be learning how to create models aswell.
NOTE: I will only remove weapons if you have 8 Rep Plus (skinning is still open to all)
FINAL NOTE: There is only one of me so please can you be patient i'm sorry for all delays. (Remember i don not HAVE to help you but i choose to). Also rep wouldn't go amiss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.