• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wanderers of Sorceria Book 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The first campaigns from the series are really not that perfectly polished but it gets better with every new chapter. I think Wanderers of Sorceria is the best Warcraft III campaign. At least its story is far superior than any other(including Blizzard's). The only think I don't like is the anime style but I'll live with it.

Level 7
The first campaigns from the series are really not that perfectly polished but it gets better with every new chapter. I think Wanderers of Sorceria is the best Warcraft III campaign. At least its story is far superior than any other(including Blizzard's). The only think I don't like is the anime style but I'll live with it.

Oh my, another WoS discussion. Keeps the thread alive, thou ;)

My opinion is that the campaign is VERY irregular. There are moments of boredom, but also many great moments. I'm not a huge fan of the story, it's too twisted. I know it's fantasy, but things have limits. It's complicated in the bad meaning of that word, imho. There's also the visual side, models chosen are pretty ugly, terrain isn't top notch either. But compared to the 'rivals', it's pretty good. After This Wreckage and Med.MapGuy's campaigns, the next campaign to play I'd choose would be either WoS or The Black Company (hope that's the correct name).

Level 8
for a campaign over 70 missions, you can't expect the story to remain the same all the time.

The first books are not so good since they were made some time back in 2002 and it's one of the first wc3 campaigns to be ever made.

And RCX said himself this campaign was aimed to be an anime parody so don't be surprised by the anime references in it.

I think most of the people i know i talked about this campaign told me that it has indeed has the best story, but perhaps not the best gameplay.

Last edited:
Level 8
how? dunno, i have no english words to describe it, but it's certainly interesting imo.

it's twisted as in sometimes enemies become allies, allies become enemies, and the whole purgatory story with races being banished. the back story with the mekani and the high men. the dream world with the jin dynasty period during book 3.
book 4 explains a lot of the backstory with the arrival of abolisher,
and 5 the alliance versus the dragon slayers.

random rant, but you get the point, i hope lol.

Last edited:
Level 8
unique doesn't necessarily mean best, actually i meant most i didn't mean here but most wc3 peeps i know.

edited post above

Level 8
i think what I found unique about wos is the fact that they are trying to escape their dreams although we all know that a lot of people try to escape real life instead which is kinda funny imo.

Reactions: Rui

Rui

Rui

Level 41
i think what I found unique about wos is the fact that they are trying to escape their dreams although we all know that a lot of people try to escape real life instead which is kinda funny imo.
That is a very interesting point of view. I never though about things like that.

The thing with it being a dreamworld is what made it one of the best stories, in my opinion. It is perhaps not the first with this theme, but it the first I played.
I somehow associated its music with some parts of my life too, which also contributes. But the story itself is indeed great. The main personage starts out as a little fool, but eventually starts using other people like other people used him. Which also reminds me of myself back when I was (even) young(er).

About the gameplay, yes, it's definitely not the best. I am slightly disappointed with WoS's sixth book in that aspect. I thought RazorclawX had improved on the designing of techtrees. As a melee map player, I just can't bear his.
The terrain is better than those of random maps, but it is not great. I liked the North District a lot, though. The idea of using Glaciers and Crystals mixtured turned out to be pleasing to see.

Level 8
Icons grow on you, at first I didn't like them, but after playing like 3-5 campaigns of it, I realized they weren't that bad. Some were alright like Kurumi, Kanna and Shizuka.

Hikaru's icon is much better in book 6 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.