• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Walls

Another my type of building, which can be upgraded. 4 type of walls: wooden fence, palisade wall, stone wall and fortified wall.

Changelog:

1.01: Changed lengh of model to 128. Added vertical version in Portrait section. Lowered size of death particles.

Keywords:
Wall, walls, stone, fence, palisade, wooden, defence, castle, fort
Contents

Walls (Model)

Walls (Model)

Reviews
19:54, 3rd Mar 2016 HappyCockroach: A model of great usefulness. I suppose your towers make great corners to those walls. If they don't would be good to have a corner section. There's a couple of details that need fix though. - Required fix...

M

19:54, 3rd Mar 2016
HappyCockroach:
A model of great usefulness. I suppose your towers make great corners to those walls. If they don't would be good to have a corner section.
There's a couple of details that need fix though.
- Required fix: Attach to this model, as an alternative version, the same wall in vertical rotation. Since buildings have fixed rotations, that will be useful.
- Recommended fix: Try to resize your model so it has exactly 128 units of length. In-game, that's the same length as a scout tower. It's good so users won't need to find the correct scale.
- And this apply to most of your buildings: Those particles at death anim are too big, to such an extent that they show the particle texture pixels, that's bad. Reduce their size, or maybe choose a different texture.
That's it. Waiting on the updates.

20:36, 24th Mar 2016
HappyCockroach:
It's nice that you did the changes mentioned. But the particles are still of a too big size. Consider more carefully their resolution in-game in your models.

Roland

R

Roland

Very nice, Although you need to change the second upgrade of the wall much more spikey.

Level 2
i need building not destructible, i want build walls and there no way to set the angle manually. I searched the forums but have not found the solution.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Level 2

1. I can just remove unwanted parts of models. If reference to help guide how to do it I will be grateful.
2. It is not suitable. Example - the wall is present initially, after the destruction of the walls. in their place appears ruins (through which can pass units) that can be rebuilt for the money (as an improvement of the main base).

Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you, exactly what I wanted. I do not want to become impudent, but what about the diagonal versions

Last edited:
Level 15
OMG set the angle manually!
Maybe he needs it as a building (they have team color and build animations) and that it should connect well with the other pieces, just changing the facing angle won't accomplish that as a diagonal piece needs to be longer (hypotenuse). I think it would be a good addition.

I don't think the stand versions texture looks good at all when you build them next to one another, the other ones seem fine from what I could tell. Although the shadows are kind of weird on the edges, creating almost a zebra pattern. ^^

Also I find the models to be too big, as they are right now i scaled them down to 0.75 to fit them into 2x6 and i i scale them down futher to fit 2x4 they get too small for me. In my view the height should be reduced slightly.

Regardless you've done good here.

Last edited:
Level 4
IF I'M NOT RIGHT ABOUT THE SHADOWS: Calm your tits I'm quite new to models and turned off all shadows so I guess it's the wall.

The models are awesome but I've got one single negative point on both stone walls of them. For example: The shadow of the wall on the right corner (I turned shadows off) is quite disturbing because it makes it look like theres some sort of fake light and it's just quite crap to have a shadow on each wall at the right side.

Level 10
I really like the look of these walls and they have nice animations too, I always am sad when something lacks a death animation so thank you. Only thing I could say is it would be nice if you could make a wall corner/connector. Im currently using kitabatakes which is fine, but a more fitting one would be better

EDIT: I just noticed these tower Towers which work well. The only other problem i have with this model is the texture. The left side of the wall is darkly shadowed and the right is light so when connect multiple sections they form a striped pattern.

Last edited: