1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Walls

Submitted by Mike
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Arabian walls. 90 % will be at least couple updates for this model. Will try to find way to solve problem wuth vertical version.

Changelog:

1.01: Ok, i tested walls with towers. Seems works properly. I hope. So added vertical versions in Portrait section. Improved a little bit twxtures.
If you find some problems - tell about it and i will try to fix it.

Keywords:
Wall Arabian Saracen Crusade
Contents

Walls (Model)

Walls (Model)

Reviews
12:30, 22nd May 2016 The_Silent: Works and performs well ingame. Approved
  1. 12:30, 22nd May 2016
    The_Silent: Works and performs well ingame. Approved

2. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    thank god you're making stronghold crusader like models.. I love you mikey.. please please please make more.. and oh.. here's the controversial thing that irritates some users... and it's this:

5/5.

3. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LOL 5/5

And the merlons could be bigger than what currently it is.

4. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A very nice mesh, but far from practical.

You have the crenellations facing a side instead of having them on both sides, for this to work properly you would need 4 walls which I think is a waste of space (to cover all 4 sides North/West/East/South). There are more reasons of why this wouldn't really be ideal especially for faster type or more realistic gameplay.
    A good example would be this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/stone-wall-158796/?prev=search%3Dstone%2520wall%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26u%3DKitabatake
    It might be a bit more complicated to fix now as you strictly added the way they must be facing instead of it being balanced.

For them to work in their initial form you would require:
    -Heavy triggers to make them rotatable, not to forget that in game it would take more time so you have to rotate them in the correct order or if you're just playing to win you would just place them at random and have an awkward appearance.
    -Otherwise you would have to make 4 models (left/right/down/up) instead of 2 which is a bother not only for you but for the creator as that means more weight and also you need 4 buttons free in the "Build" ability, in this scenario players would often just choose the horizontal or vertical not caring for the right or left.
    This may seem like OCD but every little detail helps on creating a map and cutting corners will not do you much good, plus it would also help with the usefulness and practicality.

All in all I haven't tested it in game yet.

5. teozamait

teozamait

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with Sniper it would be far more practical to have the crenellations facing both sides instead of just one.

6. Mike

Mike

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What about this version?

7. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks perfect.

8. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Useful to use it for a desert tile like a building a castle wall.
    Nice work man !

9. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    wonder if it works with massive master's system?...

10. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You have the right to believe.

Maybe the older version would have worked but I don't think this one will, as it has slopes and crennelations on both sides, so trying to add stairs will not work so well.
    It's still very possible, though I don't think the main use of this model will be that, as "MassiveMaster" type of map while very good is very difficult to pull off and requires very scripted enviroments, so I guess if you are able to do something like that you could do this too.