• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Walls

Arabian walls. 90 % will be at least couple updates for this model. Will try to find way to solve problem wuth vertical version.

Changelog:

1.01: Ok, i tested walls with towers. Seems works properly. I hope. So added vertical versions in Portrait section. Improved a little bit twxtures.
If you find some problems - tell about it and i will try to fix it.

Keywords:
Wall Arabian Saracen Crusade
Contents

Walls (Model)

Walls (Model)

Reviews
12:30, 22nd May 2016 The_Silent: Works and performs well ingame. Approved

Roland

R

Roland

thank god you're making stronghold crusader like models.. I love you mikey.. please please please make more.. and oh.. here's the controversial thing that irritates some users... and it's this:

5/5.

Level 11
A very nice mesh, but far from practical.

You have the crenellations facing a side instead of having them on both sides, for this to work properly you would need 4 walls which I think is a waste of space (to cover all 4 sides North/West/East/South). There are more reasons of why this wouldn't really be ideal especially for faster type or more realistic gameplay.
A good example would be this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/stone-wall-158796/?prev=search%3Dstone%2520wall%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20%26u%3DKitabatake
It might be a bit more complicated to fix now as you strictly added the way they must be facing instead of it being balanced.

For them to work in their initial form you would require:
-Heavy triggers to make them rotatable, not to forget that in game it would take more time so you have to rotate them in the correct order or if you're just playing to win you would just place them at random and have an awkward appearance.
-Otherwise you would have to make 4 models (left/right/down/up) instead of 2 which is a bother not only for you but for the creator as that means more weight and also you need 4 buttons free in the "Build" ability, in this scenario players would often just choose the horizontal or vertical not caring for the right or left.
This may seem like OCD but every little detail helps on creating a map and cutting corners will not do you much good, plus it would also help with the usefulness and practicality.

All in all I haven't tested it in game yet.

Level 11
wonder if it works with massive master's system?...

You have the right to believe.

Maybe the older version would have worked but I don't think this one will, as it has slopes and crennelations on both sides, so trying to add stairs will not work so well.
It's still very possible, though I don't think the main use of this model will be that, as "MassiveMaster" type of map while very good is very difficult to pull off and requires very scripted enviroments, so I guess if you are able to do something like that you could do this too.