• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] wage trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
well i dont no if this is possible but if it is could u plz tell me.
what i want is for the number of a certian kind of unit take about 10 gold and maybe 1 lumber and if u dont hvae enough for all of them they people then turn kinda of like creeps or maybe just die

Level 29
maybe explain in more then 10 words ?

Well anyway, I guess you mean something like this

• Taxes
    • Events
      • Time - Every 120.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Taxes[(Integer A)] = ((Count non-structure units controlled by (Player((Integer A))) (Exclude incomplete units)) x 5)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player((Integer A))) Current gold) Greater than or equal to Taxes[(Integer A)]
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Set (Player((Integer A))) Current gold to (((Player((Integer A))) Current gold) - Taxes[(Integer A)])
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Taxes[(Integer A)] = (Taxes[(Integer A)] - ((Player((Integer A))) Current gold))
              • Set Taxes[(Integer A)] = (Taxes[(Integer A)] / 5)
              • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random Taxes[(Integer A)] units from (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Player((Integer A))))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Neutral Hostile and Change color

Level 13
ya thanks alot for like all the help u have helped my with but would this work for just a type of unit not just every unit?also what kind of varible is it? also does this hcnage all of the units or just the amount u dont have of money?

Last edited:
Level 29
Go and make a Integer variable, now when you make it you have 4 things you can change and it looks like this

Variable Name: Box

Variable Type: Box

[_] Array Size: [_]

Right ?
Now in the "[_] Array" put a V, the Size will then open. Just leave it at 1 (default).
now continue the instructions I told you before.

Level 29
Ok, I put this trigger inside the map.
Now check this parts - x5 and /5. If you change one of them change also the other !
So, if every unit has 10 gold for taxes, change BOTH to 10 ! If you'll not do that, the number of units changed to netural hostile won't be the right number.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 120.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Integer[(Integer A)] = ((Number of living Footman units owned by (Player((Integer A)))) x 5)
            • If - Conditions
              • Integer[(Integer A)] Less than or equal to ((Player((Integer A))) Current gold)
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Set (Player((Integer A))) Current gold to (((Player((Integer A))) Current gold) - Integer[(Integer A)])
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Integer[(Integer A)] = (Integer[(Integer A)] - ((Player((Integer A))) Current gold))
              • Set Integer[(Integer A)] = (Integer[(Integer A)] / 5)
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random Integer[(Integer A)] units from (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Player((Integer A))))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions

And I got your problem... you don't know how to create variables at all, do you ?
Enter the Trigger Editor, now next to the yellow "case" where you create a new Category, next to it is the white page for a new Trigger, go left a bit and you'll see a yellow X, click on it and you'll see what I meant in my previous posts.

Attachments

• Whatever.w3x
    16.5 KB · Views: 43
Level 13
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Integer[(Integer A)] = ((Number of living Patroit units owned by (Player((Integer A)))) x 5)
            • If - Conditions
              • Integer[(Integer A)] Less than or equal to ((Player((Integer A))) Current gold)
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Set (Player((Integer A))) Current gold to (((Player((Integer A))) Current gold) - Integer[(Integer A)])
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Integer[(Integer A)] = (Integer[(Integer A)] - ((Player((Integer A))) Current gold))
              • Set Integer[(Integer A)] = (Integer[(Integer A)] / 5)
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random Integer[(Integer A)] units from (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Player((Integer A))))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
it takes the money but as soon as it dropps below the money u need to pay it just stops

Status
Not open for further replies.