• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wacraft TFT Cliff textures? blizzard files is bugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Need to edit a special cliff to my map, so far so good, I will edit it. however this cliff would be based on cliff used in "Black Citadel" the Warctaft: The Frozen Throne. But it seems that Blizzard just left exposed cliffs of the Reign of Chaos
I already tried the "Model Editor" the researcher not find anything files.
simply "War3x.mpq" does not possess the folder "ReplaceableTextures \ Cliff"

So someone could help me?
I need the cliff (ps: are the fort cliff, not natural understand are the say "straight")
- Black Citadel
- Icecrown Glacier
- Ruined Dalaran

but can not find them by the path of the Model Editor, someone could help me?

:goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job: Thanks

Level 8

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 156
thank you, exactly what I needed! thank you! :ogre_haosis:

..before I can only ask you one last question? how did you find them ?, why I rolled all for it and had failed to find the "path" of them :(

thanks +rep :goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job:

Because they are found in exactly War3x.mpq. .MPQ is an archive, they were .MPQ files inside .MPQ Archive (War3x.mpq). You had to extract these I, K, J.mpq ... and open them in MPQ Editor, then extract those cliff textures, water textures, splat textures and so on. They are .mpq files that change the map based on the tile-set.

Status
Not open for further replies.