• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vrykul Models & Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I'm looking for some Vrykul models. I got the Pack by Sellenisko, but there are not many units and building. I'm looking for a spear thrower model, Wolf rider model (there's one in the pack but it is a female archer here, and I need a male or female melee wolf rider unit), and a caster unit.

Also if it is possible could someone Make a barracks, magic training building, and some kind of guard tower based of Sellenisko's models.

If anyone has spare time or is just looking for something to do it would make me happy to see some of these but I understand if it is a lot to ask.

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Why would someone do this request ? You know, it is not like magic, you press a few buttons and voilà, there is the model.
It costs hours to make one of these models you request.

Try searching other resource sites:
chaosrealm.net
wc3c-maps.rus
wc3.rus
xgm.guru
wcunderground.com

I recall seeing models like the ones you request.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

So, it's a bad thing to do requests on the Request section?

I didn't know what to say but that works.

Well, see, something I myself did not know when I joined Hive, but believe it or not, especially modeling or 2D requests from scratch consumes time as hell.

If it is just something like 'Exchange the shield' or 'Add a torch to that wall', well, okay, but making buildings or whole races from scratch, that's just too much. You cannot expect people to actually do requests of this size.

It is always the best to learn how to do it yourself, since you are then completely independent. Yes, it consumes time to learn, but if you are a true map-maker you will have to find that time.
What do you think how many requests were done, being complicated and long-timed, and the corresponding project is just dropped afterwards ?

Level 5
Well, see, something I myself did not know when I joined Hive, but believe it or not, especially modeling or 2D requests from scratch consumes time as hell.

If it is just something like 'Exchange the shield' or 'Add a torch to that wall', well, okay, but making buildings or whole races from scratch, that's just too much. You cannot expect people to actually do requests of this size.

It is always the best to learn how to do it yourself, since you are then completely independent. Yes, it consumes time to learn, but if you are a true map-maker you will have to find that time.
What do you think how many requests were done, being complicated and long-timed, and the corresponding project is just dropped afterwards ?

I don't need all the stuff I requested I'm just hoping someone has something like what I asked that would work just fine. is it hard to change the animations of a single unit (Like spearman to spearthrower)?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I don't need all the stuff I requested I'm just hoping someone has something like what I asked that would work just fine. is it hard to change the animations of a single unit (Like spearman to spearthrower)?

You could look at xgm.guru, I recall they have some Vrykul model.

Hm, no, this is rather medium difficulty. But it still takes, for me, an hour at least, for example.
I would like you to understand that every request takes time and you should be absolutely sure you need that resource you request, since other people will spend time creating it. I myself advice leaving a gap there, for example, you know you will need a Vrykul edit to make the spearman become a spear thrower, fine, then finish the map and come back. See, this way, none has to spend time for a project that might be dropped in the future.

I can do the animation change and I will once you get to a stage of work where you need it, before releasing it to public. Before then, there is absolutely no need for the mode itself, you can use a placeholder model.

Level 5
Ok. The map will be done in 4 to 6 weeks depending on how long doing all the triggers and balancing the factions takes. Right now I made the request because I'm making all the factions and I just had a lack of units and buildings that work for the Vrykul.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

With your mentality nothing would ever get done here, besides friendly remainder that this is an modding site, the more variety in resources it has on offer all the better.

I don't want to be petty now, but your requests in a rude demanding tone do not make anyone help you at all.

My mentality has the advantage that none will waste time. Of course, it might be demotivating if you don't have the resources you would like to use in your project.
However, there is a difference between voluntarily creating a model and submitting it to a modding site and do a demanding request with limited options. Ask any artist, I am sure they will majorly agree with me.

A I said Budbuds, I will do your request, the re-animation and further edits, once you are about to finish your map.
There is nothing wrong with me handling it this way. If someone else want to do it, go ahead.

Level 5
I'm sorry if the request sounds demanding and not like I'm asking. I was just trying to make it spelled properly and to make sure anyone who looked at it would understand what I was looking for.

Sorry

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I'm sorry if the request sounds demanding and not like I'm asking. I was just trying to make it spelled properly and to make sure anyone who looked at it would understand what I was looking for.

Sorry
No need to excuse, everything is alright with your request.
I just would like to make you aware how much work it is and it is better to ask for models of this difficulty size if you already finished the project using placeholders.

Level 34
the problem is ardenian, that he is requesting to anyone, you now what's rude? not his request, but your response, you literally send him to other websites, if you don't want to, or lack the time and skills to do his request it's ok, don't answer this thread like you did, just keep doing whatever you want/can do, and ignore this kind of threads, he's not asking in the hive's simple edit resources thread u now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.