• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Contest #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

mic-studio.jpg

voice%20acting.png
contest.png
number.png
4.png

Advertising Warcraft 3
Contestants must create an advertisement for Warcraft 3, as if they were told to sell it through the radio. The voice out can be made with any kind of voice and it has to possess advertising elements. Alternatively, they can advertise a map (of their creation) in the same way.

Last edited:
Level 26
Woah, when did this pop up.
lol, theme could be interesting, To specify though, would the commercial be for the game wc3 as a whole, or could contestants advertise a specific map?

on one hand we could get some awesome ads for a hive hosted project or something prevalent.... on the other hand people might just take it as an opportunity to try to advertise their personal shitty, half-baked map.

maybe youd want to specify that in the theme description

Level 26
Isn't that supposed to kiss some a***s? :p
This is also the reason why the map advertising should only be addressed to maps of your own creation.

I wasnt saying we should advertise any specific forum, user or aspect of the hive, but the hive as a whole. A generic advertisement for the community.

And the problem with advertising maps of your own creation, is that either ...

A. you made a good map but you blow ass at voice acting (we get some slurring lisping 5 year old retard bumbling over what would have been a great map)
B. you made a BULLSHIT MAP and you try to advertise for it like an attention whore
C. you havent made a map at all, so now you are disqualified automatically and cant enter the contest

a) Well, we'll at least have some greater attention to the contest, it pretty much sucks at the time being.

I realized you meant the whole Hive as a whole, this is why I said that. No one would prevent those bad microphones from entering the contest too, so it's not a map situation only here.
Dunno, I think we should keep it this way, if you still disagree, I'm going to change this ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.