• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vista does not reconize USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Every USB device requires a driver, but most OS's have them installed already. Vista will report that the driver is being run ever time you insert a USB, but it should recognize it in less than a second or two.

Level 23
It's actually all in the way you set up your USB stick. Mine is just a generic "USB Mass Storage Device", so it works on XP, Vista, Linux, whatever you want, with no hassle at all.

Some sticks come with built-in madness, though. So, my suggestion would be to save everything somewhere, format the disk with Windows so it's a proper mass storage instead of something else, and try again.

Level 5
Velm has a USB that has it's driver on a separate CD( he has xp, i have vista), he didn't run the installation from the cd, but both xp and vista recognize it.

Level 27
Wand, as a friend, I recommend you to throw your computer out the window and buy a Windows XP computer.

You RECOMMEND me to throw my NEW COMPUTER out of the WINDOW because of the USB acting weird?

Nvm, i solved it yesterday i called my brother.

I feel stupid, it appears that in the front there was only USB 1.1 and in the back was 2.0

Yeah i know ''WTF"' but i bought this PC once from my brother and the case is not that new and the USB 1.1 thingies were left in it. Gotta change that sometime.

Not vista's fault, BUT MY FAULT.

Sorry vista =p

Status
Not open for further replies.