• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[~ Virtual Signatures ~]: An in-game product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I tested myself a bit into in-game signatures, that are actually pieces of cinematics. I can create additionally for you, if you want. In order to see what I am talking about, download the attached test map; beware, it's protected.

Things you have to know:

• I will find different concepts for each one of you, most likely depending on your nickname. If your nickname is too generic or abstract, then I'll either probably create a generic signature or I will need some details about your interests.

• I will try to keep the file size as low as possible, but I don't guarantee anything (it will depend on the requirements of the signature).

• You should mention why you need the signature, so that I can adjust the standards of the signature (e.g. small area in the main map of yours).
• If it's for a campaign, I might use a whole map to produce a better effect.

• The work time I'll be needing will vary from request to request, so, please be patient.

• The final piece will be sent to the person via pm and a pastebin link (unprotected of course).

Other works:
1) Sverkerman

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1902430-post46.html

A man tries to despise the sacred unity of nature, forgetting that Mother Nature is a living force that devours anyone who touches her..

Attachments

• Pharaoh_ Productions (Virtual Sig).w3x
    693.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Level 33
OMG cool dude !!!
Good for a start of a Campaign-type map !

Like DreamWorks, Disney PIXAR, etc, cooooooool!!!

But may I know this:
Does this work for only 1 production in game ?
Let's say you have 3 person that created the map
This is more of a credits, right ?
Does it work for more than 1 production-credit ?
I mean, does this system only works for 1 production show only ?
Or you can make it more than 1 person production credit (I don't know... maybe expand the map to make it bigger?)
That's all for now :)

Of course it can be a series of various "productions". However, I will have to talk to the requesting person, in order to arrange how exactly their map is going to be and the approximate space I might need.

You have used a keyword yourself: "campaign" (I add "cinematics"/"mini-game" as well). Apparently, a creator of an AoS map will have a hard time (so will I), implementing such a feature, but if they judge they really need it, I will help. :)

Level 33
I think it's suitable for Campaign
It is because once the production-show has ended, load the next stage
If the event of production-show and real map stage is on the same map, it could ruin the game (maybe a black spot located to the edge of the map (the scene where the production and cameras are held))

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Hi there Pharaoh_ how ya doin!

This is something that i've never ever seen in Warcraft 3 before, EVER!

I am currently working on a ORPG, Bosses of Warcraft which the people of Hive have shown great interst of. Then in 2010 I took a long break but promised that I would return to 2011/06/01 with a new version of Bosses of Warcraft and also refresh my clan, Clan Ravenholdt (Clan RavH).

But I'll be back abit earlier than expected it looks like and I've worked on the new ver for approximately 72 hours this week and I'm, to my surprice, very close of finishing it!

I had a friend refreshing the Save/Load system for me and as it turns out it had a bug and he's on vedication at the moment so I am waiting for his return (Wednesday) in order to finish the new version of my project.

So with that bit of a background story, I am highly interested in your work and since I got some contacts, comunity and fame around my map, I could possibly give you something back aswell.

So let me tell you about the kind of signature that I had in mind.

When I was young, my very first computer game was the so called Croc the Legend of Gobbos. This is my favorite game up to this day and Croc has always been my hero.

Dragonson is currently working on a sig for me which combined with the work that you could possibly do for me ingame would symbolise me as a map creator.

Here are some pictures of Croc, my hero. The hard thing will be that there are absolutly 0 Croc Skins/Models whatsoever on any site so how that will work I do not know, maybe you can figure something out.

So what I had in mind was some kind of Croc together with the bosses of my ORPG, something like that, thingy.

Oh, just found out that I need you to create my "sig" in my map so Gz u will be the first to see it of all the 7000 people waiting for it ;p

So what do you say Pharaoh, is my request accepted?

//
Yours
Sverkerman

EDIT: Seems like the pics didn't work but its okay because nevermind about the whole Croc thingy, it will be too hard to find/create a model and thats not what your here for. Just make some kind of cool opening with the heroes and bosses in my map. Also if there is any additional info that you need or anything else let me know.

EDIT2: So to round it up:

*Boss vs Heroes scene
*My name
*Ancient theme (so is the map)

Hi there Pharaoh_ how ya doin!

This is something that i've never ever seen in Warcraft 3 before, EVER!

I am currently working on a ORPG, Bosses of Warcraft which the people of Hive have shown great interst of. Then in 2010 I took a long break but promised that I would return to 2011/06/01 with a new version of Bosses of Warcraft and also refresh my clan, Clan Ravenholdt (Clan RavH).

But I'll be back abit earlier than expected it looks like and I've worked on the new ver for approximately 72 hours this week and I'm, to my surprice, very close of finishing it!

I had a friend refreshing the Save/Load system for me and as it turns out it had a bug and he's on vedication at the moment so I am waiting for his return (Wednesday) in order to finish the new version of my project.

So with that bit of a background story, I am highly interested in your work and since I got some contacts, comunity and fame around my map, I could possibly give you something back aswell.

So let me tell you about the kind of signature that I had in mind.

When I was young, my very first computer game was the so called Croc the Legend of Gobbos. This is my favorite game up to this day and Croc has always been my hero.

Dragonson is currently working on a sig for me which combined with the work that you could possibly do for me ingame would symbolise me as a map creator.

Here are some pictures of Croc, my hero. The hard thing will be that there are absolutly 0 Croc Skins/Models whatsoever on any site so how that will work I do not know, maybe you can figure something out.

So what I had in mind was some kind of Croc together with the bosses of my ORPG, something like that, thingy.

Oh, just found out that I need you to create my "sig" in my map so Gz u will be the first to see it of all the 7000 people waiting for it ;p

So what do you say Pharaoh, is my request accepted?

//
Yours
Sverkerman

EDIT: Seems like the pics didn't work but its okay because nevermind about the whole Croc thingy, it will be too hard to find/create a model and thats not what your here for. Just make some kind of cool opening with the heroes and bosses in my map. Also if there is any additional info that you need or anything else let me know.

EDIT2: So to round it up:

*Boss vs Heroes scene
*My name
*Ancient theme (so is the map)

Sounds nice, but like you said, we have no models at our disposal.
The signature doesn't have to follow the theme of the map, it's more generic.
Since you like this cartoonish kind of hero, I could create some sort of funny/childish signature, if you like.
By the way, if it's not a Multiplayer game, I can use a new map to create the signature and work it out as a campaign, so let me know of what you prefer.

Mine syster complete name xD
ok ok, switch to L33TSP34K :D

No no, it's not the username the problem, it's just that it gives me no clue of what you like. Should I try some general effect and let you know how it turns out? Finally, would you want me to make a whole map for the sig or take some space in one of your maps?

Level 12
yep its for mine map.
-plz dont use custom models
-Animated kill cinematic revealing mine name (a scorpion attacking a unit)
-some camera shake effects
-dust effects

Sverkerman

Level 17
Pharaoh_! You are so right man you know I was thinking abit and got the same results as you did, I don't want this signature to symbolise my map, But me!

Now, how do we do that...
hm...

Clues:
Ancient
Shaky camera effects
Nature

To be honest with you Pharaoh_ I'm not sure what would symbolise me in the question of scene. This is something that I will have to trust you with.

Something that I know that I don't want is:
-Material art fight or big freaking Dragonball super ultra mega hyper spell, I find that way too messy.

Hope that this tells you something :grin:

You can do it in a costum map since I will add the sig to all of my maps.

By the way, Cartoonish could work, but I'm not sure. I am a very serious guy in all means EXCEPT for Croc...
As I said I trust you to the fullest so if your Cartoonish sences are tingeling after reading my request I guess that we will have to go for that.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Well, cartoonish is not my thing either, but I had some idea. Anyway, I will be using those three clues you gave me, they are closer to my interests as well (which equals to a better result, I hope).

a) Will I spend a whole map for this or do you want me to implement it in the map?
b) May I use imported material (e.g. Sound Effects, models)?

-I would like you to do it MUI for 10 players inside the actual Bosses of Warcraft map (there is alot of empty space for you to work on).
-Sound effects and Models are Okay but you are only allowed to use approximately 300kb. (map is already 6,4GB Protected).

anything else, dear Pharaoh_?

6.4 Gb? Oh, good lord :>
You mean 6.4Mb, it wouldn't be multiplayer-playable anyway.

You want it MPI*, MUI stands for multiple units :p
So, you want an escapeable signature (via the Esc button) for all players, in the beginning of the map, under some command (e.g. "-author") or some Unit enters a region event?

Make sure to send me the map, in order to start working with it.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Oh sorry about all the typos and mistakes lol, meant MB ofc and yea MPI xD

Working on BoW for 7 hours straight now so im abit dizzy...

The signature will not be skip-able. I'm already using the ESC bottom and would not like it to be skip-able through any other key anyways.

How do you want me to send the map to you, Pharaoh_?

Sverkerman

Level 17
I will fix the event, just do the action for it and I'll take care of the rest. Thank-you. Will upload it to pastebin or W/e that is right now :p

Just so that I get this right, You will not share this and pastebin is for private use only, not public?

Sverkerman

Level 17
Yes, I received it. I will first of all create it in a blank map, then send it over and tell me what you think. If it's fine, I'll implement it in the main map.

@defskull, if it turns out good, I will post it :)

Thank you very much Pharaoh_

If it turns out good I might have a spot in the Bosses of Warcraft developing team for you, if you would be interested in such a spot, that is.

EDIT: Done soon? Can't wait ;p

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
How is this?: (wish I had more space to work it out, for better results)

P.S. Set sound and music volume to 100%.

That, Mr.Pharaoh_, is just brutally epic. I am speachless.

Now some things which I would want you to fix is:
*Change so that you never use "Music" but only "Sounds". Music is disabled in BoW and there wont be any difference.
*Camera zooming in on the rock after the throw and the bouncing is compleate is not perfect.
*Remove the elf, the altar and the 2 torches, the female elf voice will fit for the tree, I am certain.
*If you can, speed up the BRUTALLY SLAUGHTER ... of that kid, so that the rocks move abit faster.
*Change my name thingy to "Sverkerman Productions" and color to 0% red, 0% blue and about 77-88% green. You can use 77 for Sverkerman and 88 for Productions or the other way around, that would be cool.
*When that kid dies, instead of playing "Peasant Death", play "Warden Death" it will be so much more fun with him screaming like a girl being raped by those rocks ^^

Damn I feel so bad for complaining about your brilliant work, hope that I don't let your spirit down...

Love the voice acting, love how he tries to interrupt nature and gets BRUTALLY SLAUGHTERED, love the stone bouncing, OMG!

Think you can fix these things for me? ;o

1) If I use Sounds instead of Music, a player that will minimize the window of Warcraft and maximize it back will prevent the sound from keep on playing and it looks bad, trust me, I did test it :)

2) Mind telling me what do you want changed in the bouncing?

3) I wanted to create some 'scene', the tree standing alone looks too empty, if you still insist on it, no problem.

4) Changed into a faster rate of spawning.

5) Done.

6) It was actually rifleman death :p Warden's death sound is reaaaaly feminine, are you sure you want me to change it? You are not that funny, like you said, so I supported realism in voices. :p

Don't worry, I didn't expect it to be perfect with the first shot.

Sverkerman

Level 17
1) If I use Sounds instead of Music, a player that will minimize the window of Warcraft and maximize it back will prevent the sound from keep on playing and it looks bad, trust me, I did test it :)

2) Mind telling me what do you want changed in the bouncing?

3) I wanted to create some 'scene', the tree standing alone looks too empty, if you still insist on it, no problem.

4) Changed into a faster rate of spawning.

5) Done.

6) It was actually rifleman death :p Warden's death sound is reaaaaly feminine, are you sure you want me to change it? You are not that funny, like you said, so I supported realism in voices. :p

Don't worry, I didn't expect it to be perfect with the first shot.

1: No problem at all, just figured out that it will work just perfectly fine :)
2: The bouncing is NOT wrong, the bouncing is WONDERFUL! What I didn't love was the camera for when the bouncing was done, it kind of zooms into the stone, then starting to go upwards, like this: _l If you instead did it like this: / would be much better, if you understand ;p
3:You have pretty much space to work on so feel free to create that scene in your mind into reality.
4: Perfect.
5: Superb!
6: Change it, it will be so extreamly much more fun and "me" :p

Sverkerman

Level 17
Thanks alot Pharaoh_!

I actually think that the ancient of war will from now on symbolise me. I'll have someone create a new loading screen for me with it and perhaps a sig for me here on hive.

We'll see what happens.

Ok, here's the new version:

• Added shrubs around the altar.
• Switched the death sound effect to feminine.
• Added "Productions" in the text and changed its color to green.
• Added a day-night event, when the statue is whispering the spell.
• Added a lightning screen effect of 0.3 seconds.
• Raised the speed of rocks, before impaling the man.
• The camera moves forward, while its height's being raised, simultaneously, not one after another.

Attachments

• Sverkerman Sig.w3x
    284.3 KB · Views: 47

Sverkerman

Level 17
SUPERB!!!

3 things:
*In the end, zoom in abit on the ancient of war so that you can really see the awesome effects which appears on his upper arms.
*Remove the nightelf.
*Make "Sverkerman Productions" abit smaller so that you are able to see the Ancient of War.

Fix these and its PERFECT. :ogre_datass:

Level 17
Amazed...
i'm freezed for 5 min after the cinematic end...
I have a request!
Name: rysnt11's production:
Ancient war
Model: ancient hydra, freezed in ice (like statue), a massive army of ghoul, anf necromacer are willing to attack the frozen hydra, but came sven the golden knight (fel guard blue/red, with auroran skin, found in skin section ), cleave them all and freed the hydra, then sven, the hydra, an ogre lord, and a grennish in game textured murlock is showed up (after the rescue of the hydra, the screen goes black and fade in, then all the unit showed)
Text size: hmm..., up to you
Should be under 700 kb or less, coz, the map i want to implement has 7,1 mb in size
Thanks in advance
A full credit of those sig and rep surely will given

Status
Not open for further replies.