• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

View in 3d!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Uh.. where are you seeing this option?

Level 17
Look in the image.

Untitled.jpg

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I'm using opera and I've never seen this mythical button of "view in 3d", I believe it is time to go on an epic quest to search for the holy gra...I mean mythical button! Ni!

Level 14
It shows for me SOMETIMES
I wish they get a animation controller for this option..

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The feature was made by GhostWolf last I knew.
It uses WebGL, meaning browsers like IE and old versions of firefox do not work. He was trying a version using JEBGL which is a JOGL emulation of webGL using JAVA but that was not working last I knew.

He also does not know how animations work in WC3. If anyone can explain to him the mechanics between mapping the data loaded from the .mdx file to bone and animation behaviour I am sure he would impliment it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Something tells me it's a prank...
Nope, if you have been in the Hive Workshop chatroom you would be well aware that the viewer is real. I am suprized that it has been made public in such an unfinished state though.

It use webGL, a javascript interface to most openGL 2.0 functionality. Few browsers support this though so I think it is limited to those that do. Support via JEBGL, a JAVA app using JOGL to provide OGL2.0 support is planned but last I heard there were numberous problems with it.

The button will only show if your browser can actually use WebGL, meaning you need both an updated browser (which is not IE) and good enough hardware/drivers.

That's weird indeed. If i understand correctly, the button won't show up if your browser can't handle the viewer, but when you've posted a direct link to the viewer in chat, it's worked for me, yet the button does not show up.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Opera doesn't work with it =/ Just used the link above to test...

Level 29
Level 14
some models that i view are all black
Because it uses a custom texture?

Level 49
I'm using Chrome and it works for me.
You guys should try clearing your cache.
It's made by GhostWolf. Ralle implemented the button. I edited Archian's original .PSD(just rewrote 'Reply' into 'View in 3D'). I believe that's the complete list of credits. :p
GhostWolf is too lazy doesn't know how to implement animations.

EDIT: I wrote this after I finished reading the first page, so sorry for any double information. .__.

Level 19
I don't get you. Why? The users upload these textures to be used. Not to stay there and say "OH LOOK! I MADE THIS SKIN! BUT YOU CAN'T GET IT!"

this is only true for models with 100% custom skins
but most models use skins from the warcraft mpq files and they must be available to download somewhere else the viewer couldn't display them

edit:
seems like the whole mpq stuff is online
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/mpq_file/war3.mpq/Textures/HeroDemonHunter.blp.png
change path to get other texture
remove .png to get .blp
pretty awesome

Level 29
In fact, i would expect it to open up the model without any other windows.
Also it's quite lacking, needs an animation selector and needs better camera controls.

I wanted it that way too (just sitting next to the image preview), but Ralle did not.

I can put an animation selector, except it wont do anything :p
Animations are a lot more complicated then just rendering mesh data.
If someone knows how the format works in regard to them, I'll be glad to hear.
I can figure it out alone, but it will take a lot of time and frustration, and I rather code other things.

As to camera controls, what's bothering you?

Level 27
I wanted it that way too (just sitting next to the image preview), but Ralle did not.

I can put an animation selector, except it wont do anything :p
Animations are a lot more complicated then just rendering mesh data.
If someone knows how the format works in regard to them, I'll be glad to hear.
I can figure it out alone, but it will take a lot of time and frustration, and I rather code other things.

As to camera controls, what's bothering you?

Well, then good luck with your coding!

Level 29
Turns out Firefox has a flag that tells it to ignore the driver black list.

Just as an experiment, if you cannot run the viewer (and you have Firefox 4 or higher), try to open Firefox through a console (CMD, Terminal, or whatever Mac has), by entering the following command:
Code:
MOZ_GLX_IGNORE_BLACKLIST=1 firefox

I checked it on both my very old laptop and on a very weak netbook and both ran WebGL (very slowly though).

Status
Not open for further replies.