• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

VideoGame Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Map name: VideoGame Quest
Creator: Chadpata7
Development Team Members: Chadpata7
BETA or Release:
http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/371/
Summary: Play as either Mario, Link, Cloud, Master Chief, Samus, Kirby, Sonic, Mega Man X and more to come in a quest to save the VideoGame World! Inspired by VideoGame RPG and the creations of Elven_Rage and Pimp_Eman.
Features: 9 Playable characters with custom abilities, numerous character-specific items, 2 Full Length Levels including 3 sub-levels and an overworld, basic scripted trigger spells, 1 Unlockable Character (2 more to come in Final Version), Custom models/skins for almost all characters along with imported music files for each level.
Progress: The majority of the character spells are finished, prelude sub-level, Lost Woods Level, Toadstool Castle sub-level, and Arena sub-level are finished along with a half-completed Halo Level, Beta V1.39 released.
Misc: Provides between 90-120 minutes of gameplay as is, will be expected to be twice as long once completed.
I have been working on VideoGame Quest since mid-July 2006 and have since released up to Beta V1.39. (Available in the map section of hiveworkshop.com resources). It is a 1-8 player battle.net map in which you choose from one of the characters (currently Mario, Link, Cloud Strife, Master Chief, Samus Aran, Kirby, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Mega Man X) and battle enemies and solve puzzles to free the Video Game Kingdom from the clutches of evil, or something like that.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please send me a message via this thread, PM, or email at [email protected]. The smart thing to do would be to play the map first and check things out before making any suggestions, but whatever.
Finally, in no way whatsoever do I want anybody sending me who they think should be a playable character in the map. I already have all the characters for the final version planned out, and frankly I don't care if you'd rather play as Toad and Zero than Mario or Sonic. If you send any such messages stating "You should add Yugi/Inuyasha/Bowser/other character to your map", your entire message will be ignored. And yes, all the above mentioned characters have been suggested to me before. (Don't know where Yugi fits into a Video Game map.)
Thanks for any comments or criticism you have to send me. That will be all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.