• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Video games that are good and only you seem to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Uplink: "Uplink is Introversion's masterpiece. It never drops the pretence of being anything other than reality, drawing you into a world of freelance hacking. Not real hacking mind you, because that's boring and involves installing Linux, but proper movie-style hacking with timers counting down to the moment your invasions are detected and traced, and screens of jumbled numbers turning to zero digit-by-digit as you decipher them."

Basically, Uplink invites you into a fascinating world of Hollywood-style hacking. It's pretty exciting and you can get it off Steam for a good price.

Level 27
Uplink: "Uplink is Introversion's masterpiece. It never drops the pretence of being anything other than reality, drawing you into a world of freelance hacking. Not real hacking mind you, because that's boring and involves installing Linux, but proper movie-style hacking with timers counting down to the moment your invasions are detected and traced, and screens of jumbled numbers turning to zero digit-by-digit as you decipher them."

Basically, Uplink invites you into a fascinating world of Hollywood-style hacking. It's pretty exciting and you can get it off Steam for a good price.

So its some kinda like a puzzle? Sounds really nice, I really liike that Hollywood hacking style idea.

Level 17
Impossible Creatures, was released in like 2003 IIRC. It didn't do so well because of lack of marketing and its the best game (RTS) i've ever played. Lets you create your own army by combining animals and use it against other people online. Sadly the servers were taken down last year :(

Level 10
Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords. The problem with this game isn't that it isn't recognized, but it actually received a lot of negative criticism due to having cut content. People seem to forget that even with the cut content, KotOR 2 offers over 10 hours of amazing gameplay. The story is great, and the characters are beautifully designed (both looks and character). All in all, KotOR 2 is a great game that you shouldn't miss.

My fav. unknown game is the Legacy of Kain games.
Also a very good game. Kain and Raziel simply rock!

Level 17
Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords. The problem with this game isn't that it isn't recognized, but it actually received a lot of negative criticism due to having cut content. People seem to forget that even with the cut content, KotOR 2 offers over 10 hours of amazing gameplay. The story is great, and the characters are beautifully designed (both looks and character). All in all, KotOR 2 is a great game that you shouldn't miss.
IMHO, KotOR 1 was a lot better. Ive tried playing kotor 2 twice, first time it crashed halfway through and i couldn't continue. Second time i had forgotten why i never finished it and tried again, same thing happened -_- But still Kotor 2 wasn't that exciting.

Level 2
Phantasy star online series and sonic adventure 2 battle.
Seriously all the other newer sonic games fail, but SA2B was great for the dreamcast for its time

Level 1
Monster Hunter, original on PS2. I loved the online with 3 other people. *Sigh* Good times.

Also, Battlezone II, Total Annihilation, Heart of Darkness.

Also, Battlezone II[...]

OH MY GOD i never thought anyone would say that! :D
Completing the BZ2 campaign was one of the strongest gaming experiences i ever had. The game combines thrilling 3rd person tank hovering with genuine RTS and good combat strategies - not to mention that if your vehicle would blow up, you could hide on a desolate hilltop and try to snipe the driver in another vehicle and claim it to get back into the battle. The AI is also very intelligent and always seem to feel so alive and mysterious.

The fast pace, the alien atmosphere, and the feeling of always being so exposed.. gah, it's just the best game ever made, and i stil play it a lot.
I totally recommend everyone to buy this game (if you can find it), it is such a great experience.

Level 4
be prepared lol
Time Splitters Series
Too Human
Why doesn't anybody like H.A.W.X !!??
or Armored Core...
War of the Monsters
Alien vs Predator 2
Unreal Tournament 2k4 is falling into a shadow which I wish it didn't...
same with WarCraft 3 but I guess it's still got a couple years under it's belt.
Operation Flash Point, too many people hate the idea of realism...
Twisted Metal 1, 2, 3, 4
Blasto!! WTF WHY IS IT NOT CONTINUED!
War Games, I loved that game
That one South Park FPS which name I forgot, the first chapter had giant chickens I think.
I forgot the name to it but you were a tank, and you could customize your tank, with wings and cannons and what not.
Too many people underrated Mirrors Edge
Syphon Filter
Earth Defense Force 2017 <-- I don't remember the year lol
and the last I can think of is Unreal 2 for the xbox, the co-op and the multiplayer was SO fun!

Level 1
Klonoa: Door to Phantomille
Twisted Metal
Persona 1 (Now, it is well known since PSP and Persona 3&4)
Secret of Mana
Azure Dreams
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (wonder why so less people know this)
Castlevania: Dracula X

I Forgot the rest, there's much more...

Level 11
Might and Magic 6: Mandate of Heaven.
Might and Magic 7: For Blood and Honor
Might and Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer

Favorite game trilogy (6-8) of all time.

~Asomath

omg i loved those games!

Lands of Lore 1-3
Dungeon Siege 1
Rune : Viking Warlord (Multiplayer Action!)
Fracture (Multiplayer Action!)
Emperor Battle for Dune
Kohan 1-2
Battle Realms
Coloseum : Road to Freedom
The Unholy War (ps1)
KKND (Kill Krush n Destroy)
Might and Magic 6-8
Warlords Battlecry 1-2
Total Annihilation : Kingdoms
Disciples 1-2
Ratchet and Clank (ps3 series)
Giants : Citizen Kabuto
Stronghold 1-3
Poxnora
Clay Fighters (N64)
Killer Instinct Gold (N64)
Dragon's Lair (PC)
Space Ace (PC)
DBZ BT3 (Wii)
Majesty : Fantasy Kingdom Sim
Tetris : Worlds
Fighting Force (Ps1)
Gauntlet Legends (PS1)
Hunter : The Reckoning (Xbox)
Bladestorm : 100 Years War
Summoner 2
Assault (PS1)
Army Men (PS1)
Star Wars Episode 1 : Jedi Power Battles (Super fun then)
Rogue Trip (PS1)
Godzilla Arcade RTS (PS1)
Global Domination (PS1)
Pepsiman (PS1)
Wargames (PS1)
Commandos (PC)

lol well some of these games i don't think ne'1 ever played like:
Pepsiman
Godzilla Arcade RTS
Global Domination
Wargames
Assault

hope to see someone play these games b4 :p hehe

Level 25
Tyranid said:
Warcraft 3
Starcraft
Gothic 1-3
Fallout 1-2
Unreal Tournament 2004 (all those juicy mods)
Unreal Tournament 3
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl (beats your puny Oblivion anytime)
Mount & Blade
Knights of the Old Republic 1-2
Fable
Counter Strike: Source (only with Zombie Mod)
Half-Life 1 (don't own 2 yet :(... just the CSS package)
Dawn of War series

Also shame on everyone who said Oblivion.
Our friend Tyranid here, Geazergimli2, has never liked Oblivion! :>

Status
Not open for further replies.