• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Very weird error when saving "unable to find text macro: optional"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
What's wrong in here? I'm trying to save the map with the AutoIndex system in it but it doesn't want to save properly because of this error message.
I made 2 screenshots to show what's going on. The line marked with a red colour is the line that 'appears to be wrong' but there's really nothing wrong about it.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 359
  • Line.jpg
    Line.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 286
Level 19
Tried that. It didn't work.
This is what I get after doing it.

EDIT: Nobody knows?:(

The code giving the error is the Auto Index system (No idea where it is for:p) but when reading through the code I saw this:

JASS:
//===========================================================================
// How to install AutoIndex:
//===========================
//
// 1.) Copy and paste this script into your map.
// 2.) Save it to allow the ObjectMerger macro to generate the "Leave Detect"
//     ability for you. Close and re-open the map. After that, disable the macro
//     to prevent the delay while saving.
//
//===========================================================================

This "Disable the macro to prevent the delay while saving." might be the cause of the problem right? And if so.. How should I disable 'the macro'.. what is that macro anyway?!

EDIT: wups pressed quote instead of edit.

Make sure you implemented the latest version of JASSHelper properly. Place the clijasshelper.exe, jasshelper.exe, and jasshelper.conf into jasshelper's folder, jasshelper/executable, and jassnewgenpack5d/bin folder. I'm not sure which one actually gets it working but hopefully it works.

EDIT: Catch_ya beat me to the post. =\

Level 19
Hmm.
Thanks both but I don't know where to update Jasshelper. I just updated JassNewGenpack yesterday. That didn't work.
And those files youre talking about, Purgeandfire111. Theyre all in the jasshelper folder and for sure I just copied them into the jassnewgenpack5d folder too.
So atm it's not solved yet. Though I think I got the latest jasshelper version.

Level 12
Hmm.
Thanks both but I don't know where to update Jasshelper. I just updated JassNewGenpack yesterday. That didn't work.
And those files youre talking about, Purgeandfire111. Theyre all in the jasshelper folder and for sure I just copied them into the jassnewgenpack5d folder too.
So atm it's not solved yet. Though I think I got the latest jasshelper version.

2 sekunds, finding.
EDIT: First link I got when googling "Jass helper" Jass Helper

Level 19
2 sekunds, finding.
EDIT: First link I got when googling "Jass helper" Jass Helper

Thanks man. And I'm sorry for asking such noobish questions but now I don't know how to update it since both folders are really different and just replacing the folders doesnt seem to work.
I made a picture. What would you do?

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 248
Level 19
No problem, I'm just glad I can help. Well at first you can delete the old jass helper folder and then put the new jass helper folder in instead. That was atleast what I did.

I did that and it didn't work:S
I even renamed the new jass helper folder to 'jasshelper or jass helper' but even that didn't seem to work.

Level 19
I really don't know what is wrong then, I'm sorry.

An accidental occurence was that when I logged in on chat today, what I usually never do, I saw The_Reborn_Devil linking a pastebin to Xarwin. As curious as I am I checked what he sent and he sent a copy of his jasshelper folder because Xarwin was having an issue with his jasshelper. I thought, hey! lets try this out, and I placed The_Reborn_Devil's map in my JNGP folder and well it was solved. I don't know what was different because I looked in the folder and couldn't find any changes, but it worked and that's what matters.

So this is solved:D
Thanks for the help for pointing out this problem was caused by jasshelper.

+repped

Status
Not open for further replies.