• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] my GUI trigger has SCRIPT ERRORS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
ok. things are going very bad for me (as always). i am trying to save my map but it comes up with script errors. :cry: i know which trigger is causing it, and it says theres script errors!! (like if you enter a line of jass wrong)

the trigger is a bit big though.... well, VERY big. its not even done yet. it will take me a while to fully complete it but if i can't save it without disabling it should i not bother wasting my time?? or is there something wrong with my world editor??

any ideas??

ty

Level 21
I can't help you. Please include more information for future questions, such as:
- What sort of error does it give (Syntax error?)
- Copy paste the GUI trigger + mark the line that is in error... If the trigger is too big, perhaps attach the full trigger to a pastebin link and remove unimportant actions such as "Player - display message" actions.

Level 5
I can't help you. Please include more information for future questions

sorry. ok i thought that maybe there was some sort of limit to how big a GUI trigger could be. but clearly it isn't.

What sort of error does it give (Syntax error?)

i attached a print screen of what i see when i try to save my map. and it says it has to disable my trigger.

- Copy paste the GUI trigger + mark the line that is in error... If the trigger is too big, perhaps attach the full trigger to a pastebin link and remove unimportant actions such as "Player - display message" actions.

this trigger is part of a save load system. i don't really want to put it somewhere public. and the trigger is gigantic, my computer takes 7 secs to load it. if there was someone i could trust (say a moderator) to not reveal it (because it is a little simple) then i would gladly PM them it.

do you think i will have to get someone to look at the actual trigger?

ty

Attachments

• print screen 3.JPG
    print screen 3.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 93
Level 21
uhm...
By looking at the error, it might be possible that the identifiers in the jass script are way too long and exceed the limit... This is because you're using too many "subfunctions". But that's just a random guess. Have you considered using jass?

Now, since the trigger is gigantic, I'm sure that you have an inefficient trigger, one that could definatelly be made much shorter and faster.
If you wish, feel free to send it to me. I can be trusted, and then again, my personal save/load system probably is better anyway, so why would I bother stealing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.