• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Very weird bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, i'm having trouble fixing (by far) the most stupid, unlogical and strange bug i've ever encountered in WE. I'll explain everything in detail so you can understand what it's about.

In my map there are Dota like creeps (spawn at a structure and attack along a path in 3 lanes top,mid,bot). These creeps use upgrades from their respective barracks. One of the upgrades has 3 levels and each level increases the health of the creeps by 75. This upgrade seems to bug (ONLY IN TOP LANE) and when it hits level 3, it results in the ranged creeps dying when created from that point to the end of the game. I have tested alot and i'm sure it's level 3 of the upgrade that bugs them.

Screenshots:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 46

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
If the upgrade grants more hp than the base hp of the unit this happens if I remember that correctly.
There is a similar issue with upgrades adding mana.
Whenever a new ability is added to the unit and the unit has one of these upgrades it might bug.

I don't really know exactly why or how this happens, but I had this problem several times. You should use abilities instead to change hp or mana. There are also new natives that could be used as well.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Last time it happened to me the hero would seemingly randomly cancel a spell while you tried to select the target.
It turned out that the hero had no mana for 0 seconds, so the spell would be canceled. This was because of an upgrade that gives mana.
It was extremely hard to debug and took me a while to figure out, but after that know that one should not use upgrades to change mana or hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.