• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a DotA-like map and I want to spawn 3 lanes of creeps but for no reason, when the creeps reach the requested dummy unit (top/bottom lane which are "L" lanes, and there has to be a dummy unit at the corner to redirect the units to the enemy base), they turn around and walk back to base o.o.

I looked over the triggers over and over again and couldn't find anything wrong. Here's the code :

• Events
    • Time - Every 30 seconds of the game.
  • Conditions
    • (Barracks is alive) equal to true.
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 3 Footman for Player 1(Red) at (Center of Human Barracks Top <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees.
    • Unit - Create 1 Priest for Player 1(Red) at (Center of Human Barracks Top <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees.
    • Unit Group - Order (Units in Human Barracks Top<gen>) to Attack-Move to (Position of Top Lane Point 0038<gen>)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit comes within 300 of Top Lane Point 0038<gen>.
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of Triggered Unit) equal to Player 1(Red).
  • Actions
    • If ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)) then do (Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Position of Fortress 0021 <gen>)) else do (Do nothing)
Top Lane Point is the dummy unit.
Fortress is the enemy end-game building.
Human Barracks Top is the region where the units spawn.

this is only for 1 lane but i have problems on both lanes of each team.

Level 9
that line ignores the return range/distance from the position neutral hostile units are created/placed.

for your question :

in gameplay constants are 2 lines. (they are not the exact names of the lines but you should be able to find them)
1. Return distance
2. return time

set both of them to a high value....that should solve it.

Level 9
the only possibilities i can think of at the moment beside the return time and distance is that the path is blocked or the unit they are ordered to is at the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.