• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Very Strange Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
SharpCraft, WC3 1.26

I discovered very strange bug while making my map, everytime zombie with 1 specific spell had +100% health bonus from upgrades instantly died right after it was trained.

Even when the zombie does not have that spell then he is working normally and then he gets the spell later by triggers then he instantly dies.

I have literally no idea why it is happening. I made a test map that has just the spell, zombie and upgrade and NO triggers.

Does anyone know how to fix it or why it is happening?

Attachments

• Test123.w3x
    19.6 KB · Views: 27
Level 13
They don't have Spell Book ability
The Spell is based on Parasite and Orb of Lightning (new)
i wanted it to have X% chance to infect some unit and after death it would spawn a new zombie

It's most likely the same bug as the spellbook bug.

I'm guessing Parasite is contained within the Orb of Lightning ability as a spell-book of sorts, so the units die when the ability is added/removed as it causes all abilities to be removed and added twice. In your case, a zombie is trained, and its ability data is loaded, causing it's maximum life to become below 0 for that exact moment because of the orb of lightning ability removing your HP upgrade's amount twice, so it dies.

Level 6
It's most likely the same bug as the spellbook bug.

I'm guessing Parasite is contained within the Orb of Lightning ability as a spell-book of sorts, so the units die when the ability is added/removed as it causes all abilities to be removed and added twice. In your case, a zombie is trained, and its ability data is loaded, causing it's maximum life to become below 0 for that exact moment because of the orb of lightning ability removing your HP upgrade's amount twice, so it dies.
Interesting, is there any way to fix that or prevent it?

Level 13
You have a few solutions open to you:

1. Replace Orb of Lightning with a damage engine trigger and use a dummy for the Parasite effect.
  2. Ensure the base health of the zombies is more than double the bonus health provided by the upgrade.
  3. When a unit with the health upgrade enters the map, increase its maximum health with triggers (rather than the upgrade itself) with set unit max HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.