• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Very serious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
dis is srsly srs bzns
Yes, seriously, as little as you contribute. It's serious because I've had it with these motherfucking science v religion threads on my motherfucking favourite board. There is no point to them, except putting people on both sides of the argument into perspective.

Level 24
... Was all the built-up irritation produced by a God V Science thread basically dispelled by some random idiot saying "SRSLY GUISE?!?" ? Holy shit.

Level 4
Well, in my opinion time and Universe are infinite. I believe there is God (but I don't believe He is an old bearded man). God is a superbeing. I also think that organic life is not the only life 'round here - the so called "spirits" are unorganic and they exist. The Holy Spirit is even beyond God. I think he watches like an Eagle but doesn't take part in a person's life. Many ancient religions have made a connection Sky(Universe and Everything) - Man - God.
Religion explains extremely complicated things in a very simple matter. Many great scientists become very religious after making great discoveries.

Level 17
..but I don't believe He is an old bearded man..
Why can't you imagine god as a woman? Creating life is a more feminine thing anyways. Why can't women be priests? christianity should be written with capitol 'Y'.

Many great scientists become very religious after making great discoveries.
No?

Sorry for destroying you dreams Power_Shaman, but if you was actually a shaman you wont belive in a god, but the ''spirit'' every living being
And if you were the silent you couldn't talk, and if I was the emperor I would have super sith powers.

Level 4
emperor_d3st said : "Why can't you imagine god as a woman? Creating life is a more feminine thing anyways. Why can't women be priests? christianity should be written with capitol 'Y'."

I meant that in my opinion God isn't in human form ... in no form. Just energy ... very powerful energy ... thinking energy. But that's just me!

Level 27
What makes christians think that it was their god who created everything? Then why do christians think it's not matter and energy what is beyond cause and effect.
Matter is a property of this universe, while God is beyond it.
science and logic say that "Well, there is a chance that I might be wrong or not entirely correct" on the other hand religion: "You don't think it was like this? Well you will most probably suffer in hell then.".
You are very good at drawing a distinction between Christianity and religion, this was the only slip up I noticed.
Think of it, why the fuck did he create us? He had no reason, experiments? For the fun? Was he lonely? Did he think we could give him stuff? ... If there was a god we would be totally useless to him, so why would he have created us in the first place.
You're God. You have all the power and knowledge in the currently nonexistent cosmos. Now what?
I wonder when will MSBB appear to flame me here too
I think he'll avoid this particular thread.
... Was all the built-up irritation produced by a God V Science thread basically dispelled by some random idiot saying "SRSLY GUISE?!?" ? Holy shit.
For.
The.
Win.

Level 8
Hello, my name is DrazharLn.
I'm here to talk to you today about athiesm and why you should convert immediately. By living your life with religion you are imposing limits upon yourself, you are irritating those around you.
Your ungodly Godly ways are polluting the pure lifeblood of this country. As an Athiest a Religious zealot you obviously have no morals, you probably chew on babies as a hobby and consume the still beating hearts of pure-blooded Americans. You people disgust me!
Ahem, convert to our good lord Athie and be freed of all your sins, live sure in the knowledge that you will live forever in God's kingdom the collective memory of our species, specifically your friends and family.

The above is a parody, and not a particularly good or funny one either, do NOT take it seriously, or you will never get to secular heaven.

Level 34
Why can't you imagine god as a woman? Creating life is a more feminine thing anyways. Why can't women be priests? christianity should be written with capitol 'Y'.
Just curious, how much have you looked into this? I kind of doubt you have at all.

Here is an article. Not the best reasoning I've heard, but it's decent.
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2002/0201sbs.asp

For those who don't want to read it all, it basically says woman can't be priests because it's impossible. Besides they can be nuns.

Yes? Not every scientist becomes a christian, but some do. I doubt the statistics are staggering, but I bet you'd be surprised.

Level 34
Women can't be leaders of the church because they are some inferior piece of soil. That article wasn't amusing at all.
Did it say anywhere that they were inferior? The Virgin Mary is one of the most loved Church figures, and one of the most revered. Women can't become priests, just as men can't become nuns. Because men can't become nuns, is the Church also sexist against men?

Men cannot bear children, does that make nature sexist towards men? Men are men and women are woman.

Here is a better article, written by a woman. http://www.ewtn.com/library/ISSUES/WHYWOMEN.TXT
It's long though.
No. Oh hey I invented some neat stuff, I feel like reading the bible and going to church every sunday now. Just no.
That's not at all what we (at least I) meant. I never said invention, I said science.

Here is a list of people who converted to Catholicism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_converted_to_Catholicism

There are are few scientists in there. Now I never said any scientists convert, I simply refuted your statement "no".

Level 26
I wonder when will MSBB appear to flame me here too
Well, why would I do such a thing? To begin with, I value every member of the Hive for their contributions to our community. I appreciate your intellectual input, and your determination to enlighten the rest of this forum with your knowledge. You clearly are a shining role model for the Hive, and I support your actions.

Level 15
Alright folks, here is something you should know. Christianity is a farce. It just is. Not saying I don't have a religion with a God, but rather that Christianity is a load of the brown stuff. How do I know? Well, I assume we ALL know that Christianity began with the Catholic church a few hundred years AFTER 'The Lord Christ' died. What people don't get is that HE DIDNT START THE RELIGION. This is the first proof that it's a lie.

The Catholic Church would say tons of crap like "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY, PEASANTS, OR YOU'LL BURN IN HELL!" And obviously, people believed them. Now I'm not into this stupid religion's history, so I don't know what made it 'split-up' and 'change' from a scam to a bunch of nonsense, and I don't really care. Knowing that the religion started AFTER the guy was killed for acts of heresy against my people, the Jews, and that it began with the Catholic Church and evolved from it, we know that it's false. KAPEESH?

[ONTOPIC]Why exactly should I care about your crazy ideas? It's as ridiculous as Christianity itself!

Edit: [OFFTOPIC] And I don't have a problem with Christians, I had very dear Christian friends. But the religion is a fat lie.

Level 40
Gilles, the first article basically said "Christ (was supposed to oppress)/(oppressed) women, and since he's our god, let's do so too."

Also, the second last paragraph of the first part makes no sense. "but they were not to assume the function of teaching in the Christian assembly (1Cor. 14:34–38; 1 Tim. 2:1–14), which was restricted to the clergy."

The clergy is the collective group of church members (priests/bishops/etc), so by that logic how could anyone become a priest?

Level 24
Alright folks, here is something you should know. Christianity is a farce. It just is. Not saying I don't have a religion with a God, but rather that Christianity is a load of the brown stuff. How do I know? Well, I assume we ALL know that Christianity began with the Catholic church a few hundred years AFTER 'The Lord Christ' died. What people don't get is that HE DIDNT START THE RELIGION. This is the first proof that it's a lie.

The Catholic Church would say tons of crap like "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY, PEASANTS, OR YOU'LL BURN IN HELL!" And obviously, people believed them. Now I'm not into this stupid religion's history, so I don't know what made it 'split-up' and 'change' from a scam to a bunch of nonsense, and I don't really care. Knowing that the religion started AFTER the guy was killed for acts of heresy against my people, the Jews, and that it began with the Catholic Church and evolved from it, we know that it's false. KAPEESH?

[ONTOPIC]Why exactly should I care about your crazy ideas? It's as ridiculous as Christianity itself!

Edit: [OFFTOPIC] And I don't have a problem with Christians, I had very dear Christian friends. But the religion is a fat lie.

Ya know, the Catholic church itself has admitted that it used to be corrupt? And ya know, there's also Greek Orthodox, which is just as old? Your problem is with the Roman Catholicism, not Christianity as a whole.

Level 34

You obviously have no clue about the history of the Church. Do you even have any clue as to what's in the New Testament? Obviously not. I'll leave it at that.

Edit: You know what, I can't believe how much this post pissed me off. I will answer it.

You say Christianity started after Christ died? Wow... have you ever opened a Bible? He appointed the twelve apostles as his head of the Church. He had followers in every town and city he went to. He said to Peter, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church." What was Christ talking about? Some other Church? Know your stuff before you post. Besides, how the hell does a Church starting after someone dies, have anything to do with it's credibility?

Yes the Church has undergone some dark times, but during the Middle Ages the whole of Europe was Christian, and that included some pretty bad people. Obviously if everyone is of one religion, there are going to be some bad stuff done in the name of that religion. It's the people in the religion not the religion itself. Christ never taught to take from others.

Your "people" killed an innocent man. What had he ever done? Preach to others about loving each other and doing the right thing. Sounds like a pretty bad guy to me, I'd kill him too.

Gilles, the first article basically said "Christ (was supposed to oppress)/(oppressed) women, and since he's our god, let's do so too."

Also, the second last paragraph of the first part makes no sense. "but they were not to assume the function of teaching in the Christian assembly (1Cor. 14:34–38; 1 Tim. 2:1–14), which was restricted to the clergy."

The clergy is the collective group of church members (priests/bishops/etc), so by that logic how could anyone become a priest?
The first article wasn't great I admit.

Although it never said God was oppressive to women.

"So, while Paul acknowledges the universality of God’s plan for salvation, he’s clear that there are different roles within the body of Christ. Men and woman are equal in the eyes of God, but this equality is not synonymous with sameness. They play different roles within the Church, as there are different instruments within an orchestra. Just as the instruments are arranged for a symphony, God has "arranged the organs of the body" (1 Cor. 12:18), and we are not to reconstruct the design that he has established."

As I said, men are men and women are women. We both have different roles. Women can do almost anything a man can, and visa versa, but there are things only men can do, and things only women can do. It's nature. The Church teaches that the role of priest is only for men, while the role of nun is only for women.

Level 15
You obviously have no clue about the history of the Church. Do you even have any clue as to what's in the New Testament? Obviously not. I'll leave it at that.

Edit: You know what, I can't believe how much this post pissed me off. I will answer it.

You say Christianity started after Christ died? Wow... have you ever opened a Bible? He appointed the twelve apostles as his head of the Church. He had followers in every town and city he went to. He said to Peter, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church." What was Christ talking about? Some other Church? Know your stuff before you post. Besides, how the hell does a Church starting after someone dies, have anything to do with it's credibility?

Yes the Church has undergone some dark times, but during the Middle Ages the whole of Europe was Christian, and that included some pretty bad people. Obviously if everyone is of one religion, there are going to be some bad stuff done in the name of that religion. It's the people in the religion not the religion itself. Christ never taught to take from others.

Your "people" killed an innocent man. What had he ever done? Preach to others about loving each other and doing the right thing. Sounds like a pretty bad guy to me, I'd kill him too.

The first article wasn't great I admit.

Although it never said God was oppressive to women.

"So, while Paul acknowledges the universality of God’s plan for salvation, he’s clear that there are different roles within the body of Christ. Men and woman are equal in the eyes of God, but this equality is not synonymous with sameness. They play different roles within the Church, as there are different instruments within an orchestra. Just as the instruments are arranged for a symphony, God has "arranged the organs of the body" (1 Cor. 12:18), and we are not to reconstruct the design that he has established."

As I said, men are men and women are women. We both have different roles. Women can do almost anything a man can, and visa versa, but there are things only men can do, and things only women can do. It's nature. The Church teaches that the role of priest is only for men, while the role of nun is only for women.

It's funny, you know, thinking that he was innocent. We Jews aren't bad people. Hell, I'm pissed at the government for not counter-attacking the Terrorists (and I don't mean the Muslims, I mean the extremists). The only man in the Tanach (Torah, Nivee'eem, Cetooveem') who actually attacked a nation was King David, who conquered some of the surrounding nations for a good reason. His family was tortured by some, while others attacked Israel first. Jesus was killed because he was heretical. And don't think that the Beit Din (the Jewish [and FIRST] court) killed many people. It is said that the maximum amount of people who were given the death penalty was ONE. One man per year.

Another reason to prove Christianity's falseness is that there are no sins or crimes mentioned when it comes to the priests and whoever. This is impossible. No one is perfect, which you could probably agree upon. But if NO ONE IS PERFECT, HOW ARE THESE GUYS SO GREAT? EH? The Tanach does not hide transgressions. Moshe (Moses), the greatest man in Jewish history, who could speak to god at will, who was the MOST HUMBLE, was not allowed to go into the promised land for hitting a rock. A ROCK. God told him to hit the rock to end the Jews' thirst one time, and the second time he told him to SPEAK to it, but he did not. David, a very great man, lost three of his children, almost lost his kingdom to his son, and was not allowed to build the Beit Hamikdash (the Holy Temple). His son Shlomo was, but David was not.

There are MANY, MANY more examples of these. Where in the 'New Testament' does it mention that Priests used to scam peasants? Where does it say that the whole religion contradicts itself?

Edit: And you're wrong. That's what it says in the self-contradicting 'New Testament', but it is not the truth.

Level 24
I sincerely hope you're aware that the Roman Catholic church is different and separate from the Christian bible. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH KNOWS THAT IT HAS GONE THROUGH PERIODS OF CORRUPTION. LISTEN WHEN I FUCKING SAY SOMETHING. As a matter of fact, Lutheranism/Protestantism was created because of the corruption and scamming within the Roman Catholic church. Saying that the Roman Catholic church during its periods of corruption represents all of Christianity is like saying George W. Bush represents the entire western world. Fucking stop.

Level 8
I'm sorry, I don't agree with you Deadnerzhul. Whilie I will agree that the Bible has many contradictory and hateful passages within it, this does not reflect on the religion as a whole. We must make a distinction between people who choose to believe in God and their teachings and those who choose to follow these teachings to the letter.
You are aguing against the Bible while saying Christians. The Bible is not necessarily a good book, this does not mean all Christians are false. This does not mean that Christianity is false.

As an atheist, I choose to believe that there is no God, I don't see any necessity for one. As I respect your right to worship you will respect other religions and rights.

Level 12
And your alternative explanation is a god? Well then, what made the god?

Actually most people who believe in god, ignore all the facts about how life began and simply just stated god made all, as a simple answer. Though if god made life, what made god? And what made the maker of god? And what made the maker of the maker of the god?

People say we began from a cell, well what made the cell? and so on.

The question can't be answered

however I do like the first post, a very interesting thought.

Though it seems most of you are already in a loop of hateness, defending each others religion, I'm Atheist, I don't believe in most of the(in my opinion) Rubbish religions that logically make no sense.

You guys can keep fighting, and throwing cuss words at each other, but a religion is a religion, there used to give people some kind of hope or faith, though there are contradictions about the trueness of these religions, its just something to give people faith in, to have themselves feel like a purpose in life.

Though I do find it funny that a lot of people with different religions say there's is right and yours is wrong speech, there is no right or wrong. These kind of religions tend to be a kind of... lets say, law book. Like if you kill someone you go to hell kind of thing... at least it was somewhat effective a very long time ago. Anyway its pointless to argue over religion, there's a lot of ignorance and arrogance in religion talk, so its best to just lock this thread.

Level 15
No one really said that was against Jews, but I just thought it was hurtful to ignore the Jewish view of God and instead only look to Christianity, which I think has enough contradictions in itself that it's hard to call it a religion. When we talk about God, it's common courtesy to include more than just what you might think to be the 'dominant' religion's point of view on Him/Her/It.

Level 25
You people do know they didn't even decide that Jesus was a prophet or God himself until a couple of hundred years after he died, don't you?

Because you probably should know that

The Bible was by no means written in the time of Jesus. There are parts missing from it. Its a mess of a book, especially the New Testament

Level 12
Which goes back to my point on how if you think about it, none of it makes sense anyway.

People just defend it and ignore it.

Level 12
Guys, we respect everyone's religion and right to believe this and that. But a lot of the religions really don't make sense when you read like the bible for example, contradictions and things like "WTF?" happening you read them. Lot of them really don't make sense. No offense. Doesn't mean you shouldn't believe in those things, you believe what you were grown up with, what your parents or guardians have taught you. But thinking outside of the box, and not being ignorant, none of it makes sense, like mecheon's example.

Level 34
It's funny, you know, thinking that he was innocent. We Jews aren't bad people. Hell, I'm pissed at the government for not counter-attacking the Terrorists (and I don't mean the Muslims, I mean the extremists). The only man in the Tanach (Torah, Nivee'eem, Cetooveem') who actually attacked a nation was King David, who conquered some of the surrounding nations for a good reason. His family was tortured by some, while others attacked Israel first. Jesus was killed because he was heretical. And don't think that the Beit Din (the Jewish [and FIRST] court) killed many people. It is said that the maximum amount of people who were given the death penalty was ONE. One man per year.

Another reason to prove Christianity's falseness is that there are no sins or crimes mentioned when it comes to the priests and whoever. This is impossible. No one is perfect, which you could probably agree upon. But if NO ONE IS PERFECT, HOW ARE THESE GUYS SO GREAT? EH? The Tanach does not hide transgressions. Moshe (Moses), the greatest man in Jewish history, who could speak to god at will, who was the MOST HUMBLE, was not allowed to go into the promised land for hitting a rock. A ROCK. God told him to hit the rock to end the Jews' thirst one time, and the second time he told him to SPEAK to it, but he did not. David, a very great man, lost three of his children, almost lost his kingdom to his son, and was not allowed to build the Beit Hamikdash (the Holy Temple). His son Shlomo was, but David was not.

There are MANY, MANY more examples of these. Where in the 'New Testament' does it mention that Priests used to scam peasants? Where does it say that the whole religion contradicts itself?

Edit: And you're wrong. That's what it says in the self-contradicting 'New Testament', but it is not the truth.
Never said you Jews were bad people. I respect Jews a lot, don't get me wrong.

As Ephy has said, the Church realizes that it did wrong. I explained all that, not sure why you persist. Priests have never been considered perfect, not sure where you are getting your information.

You have no examples of Christianity contradicting itself. Please provide some (keep in mind, people in the religion can be contradicting, but not the teachings of the religion).

You people do know they didn't even decide that Jesus was a prophet or God himself until a couple of hundred years after he died, don't you?
Not exactly sure about this. I'll try and research it.
Jesus does say that he is God in the Bible: "I and the Father are one."
I'm sure Peter and the apostles thought he was God, they taught it. They also started the Church, so I'd say he has been God from the beginning.

The Bible was by no means written in the time of Jesus. There are parts missing from it. Its a mess of a book, especially the New Testament
No it wasn't written in the time of Christ, but the Church teaches that it was written with divine guidance. As well many of the followers of Jesus (Peter, Paul, John) wrote parts of the Bible.
“All scripture is inspired by God….” In 2 Peter 1:20-21
The Bible does not include all the scrolls that were found, but I don't really know much about that, so I won't delve into that.

Guys, we respect everyone's religion and right to believe this and that. But a lot of the religions really don't make sense when you read like the bible for example, contradictions and things like "WTF?" happening you read them. Lot of them really don't make sense. No offense. Doesn't mean you shouldn't believe in those things, you believe what you were grown up with, what your parents or guardians have taught you. But thinking outside of the box, and not being ignorant, none of it makes sense, like mecheon's example.
The Bible is confusing shit I agree, but if you really do your research, you can make sense of it. I realize you can do that with any nonsense, but in my experience everything I've doubted has been explained very well. The Church hasn't let me down yet.

I do study other religions, not as well as I should, but I have a vague idea. I went to a Catholic school and they taught us some Islam, some lifestyles (Zen and all that), Roman, Greek.. ect.

Level 31
Hey guys, thanks for keeping the thread alive, but, this is WAY off topic. I did not intend this for religious stuff. Please, take THAT particular discussion to PMs.

Thanks.

Because this thread turned into an off-topic flame war, maybe the Admins should close it. It saddens me that this went SO far off.

Level 34
Hey guys, thanks for keeping the thread alive, but, this is WAY off topic. I did not intend this for religious stuff. Please, take THAT particular discussion to PMs.

Thanks.

Because this thread turned into an off-topic flame war, maybe the Admins should close it. It saddens me that this went SO far off.
Sorry for the off-topic, but it bothers me when people get flaming so wrong. I didn't see any flame war. Strong discussion, but I never once flamed.

Level 24
The flaming died when an idiot said "srsly?". The topic changed from the validity of science versus religion to the validity of one religion over another; I can't really see that as off-topic for this thread, and there's no point in moving it from OT to MT, although the discussion seems to be dying on its own considering the length and content of the previous posts.

Level 27
You know what? My religion fully supports science. If science somehow fails, if there is some cosmological error in the universe, such as 2 + 2 equaling 3 some random day it time, then my religion is disproved. Of course, I'd imagine we'd all have a pretty hard time knowing there was a bug in reality.

I'm probably a more logical person than you, and I think God exists. This is the conclusion I have reached through logic. Do not try to disprove this logic, as you haven't heard it.
Christianity is a farce. [boring rant]
You think someone is just gonna give up being Christian just because of that? You think you've convinced anyone by not backing up your arguments with any proof? Whether or not this is the truth, there is a time and place for the truth, and this is not it.
As an atheist, I choose to believe that there is no God, I don't see any necessity for one.
I don't see any necessity for any of reality, but there it is.

You know, people seem to like to second, third, fourth, and fifth, thread closings, but I almost never agree. Personally, I think it's up to the mods, and only the creator of a thread should be one to say a thread should be closed.

How about instead of posting in a thread you think should be closed, about you thinking it should be closed, you just don't post in it at all?

If this is about science vs. religion, then it cannot reach a conclusion, because the question itself presents a lie.
If this is about religion vs. religion, then it cannot reach a conclusion, as you can't just pit any two random religions against each other, as sometimes you get the same religion on both sides.

What I would like to see, is for this thread to turn into another creation vs. evolution thread, even though it's roots are shaky at best.
Someone said:
Another creation vs. evolution thread?
*groooooooooan*
This should be closed! STFU! GTFO! This message is spam of magnitude 7!
Then ignore it.

Personally, I'm ready to debate evolution whenever you are.

Level 24
What I would like to see, is for this thread to turn into another creation vs. evolution thread, even though it's roots are shaky at best.

Personally, I'm ready to debate evolution whenever you are.

I know this isn't contributing anything, but didn't I get the -rep to prove that I won that thread? Not to mention I could end it decisively in a manner that results in neither victory nor defeat for both sides.

Level 17
I'm probably a more logical person than you, and I think God exists. This is the conclusion I have reached through logic. Do not try to disprove this logic, as you haven't heard it.

No, you are just someone who wants to think he's smart but actually his logic fails utterly. I don't want to go on and try to prove that I'm much smarter than you since that would be childish, though funny.
I'm sure your logic is about as crystalized as the opener's reasoning, but why don't you go ahead and try to explain me (with your superior logic) how you came to the conclusion that god must exist.

Level 15
I'll answer the question. We know God exists because scientifically cells come from cells, but where did the cells come from? Quantum Physicists have found that there is a force. You could call it a force, you could call it a power, it is God in the end. Thinking about it logically, you would see that God DOES exist. Take it from someone who's people lasted all the way through the ancient times. Although in my Kabbalah book (the studies of the deeper meanings of the Torah [Bible, Old Testament]) Rabbi Arnold states that we shouldn't look at this in a 'human' logic, but try to see it from 'God's' logic and point-of-view. Doubt that would do much, but it's just a thought.

Level 17
God exists because scientifically cells come from cells, but where did the cells come from?

Err, excuse me? You just kicked my sarcasm button:
I suppose you have heard about iron-sulphur world theory and RNA-world hypothesis and a few others.

Quantum Physicists have found that there is a force.
Actually, no they didn't. It was Luke Skywalker who found out there is a Force when Obi-Van told him.
Quantum Physics is a very, very complex thing and I'm sure you have as much knowledge about Quantum Physics than about the theories of panspermia. Let me tell you at least two things about Quantum Physics: 1.) It's incomplete 2.) It hasn't been proved.
(And I'm not going against Quantum Physics now because you brought it up to strengthen your argument. I'm not against Quantum Physics, I just merely mentioned these facts, I'm open to all theories)

Take it from someone who's people lasted all the way through the ancient times.
I take it like "We jews are superior race".
Last time I checked my dictionary there was some word.. what was it.. ra... raci.. Oh I forgot, someone please help me out here, I think hitler was the first word in that article.

I have nothing against jews, nor ANY kind of people around the world, but you are an asshole.
Your people were hunted and massacred during World War 2 based on the same ideas you just showed. You know that? To tell you the truth this statement of yours made me laugh. It's irony at its finest.

Although in my Kabbalah book
According to the ancient egyptian pantheon:
Horus had a man's body and a falcon's head. One of Horus' eyes became injured as after Osiris was murdered by his brother Set, Horus fought with Set for the throne of Egypt.
And take it from a religion which was present five thousand years ago.

Or according to Mr. Caveman:
UGH!
And take it from someone who was there painting cave-walls even before the egyptians.

As a postscript take this:
Science and humanity is not omniscient. We have electricity? Awesome. We have supercomputers? That's supersuper, but that doesn't mean that we in 2008 know every answer to every question.
There are still big black gaps everywhere on the world. It's not a completed puzzle and it never will be. The fact that we know our world way better than people in 1500 knew doesn't mean that the people after 500 years, or only in a mere 20 years will not possess a more comprehensive understanding.

If we don't know what, for example, exactly black holes are that doesn't mean they are the products of god's caducity.

Let me buy you a present. I brought it, here it is, in this closed box with this nice ribbon. Do you know what's inside it?
No?
What? You say it's god?
No it isn't, you dummy. Just because you have no knowledge about something don't immediately accuse god of creating it. Think. Think again. Then again.

It was a book titled "Theories on Panspermia". I even dedicated it, it says: "From Adam to I)eadnerzhul with love, because I hope that when he gets into the position of power he doesn't eradicate my inferior race."

Last edited:
Level 15
I didn't say we were superior. I said that we've survived since the beginning. I'm not trying to be hurtful or hateful or feel superior. I'm not trying to be egotistical either.

Level 17
Why are you proud of being jew?
I would like to note that you are not a jew. You are a mix of people. I don't know your family lineage but I'm sure you have numerous ancestors who called themselves egyptians, greeks, germans, etc. etc. who actually weren't egyptians, greeks, germans, etc. etc. since they had roman, welsh, arabian, etc. etc. ancestors but they actually weren't roman, welsh, arabian etc. etc because they had...
I don't want to continue it, I suppose you get my flow of thoughts.

In a long shot, most of us are related to each other. We share common ancestors. There might be 6,704,845,726 people out there speaking different languages, living in different corners of the world, rooting for different teams in different kind of sports, worshipping different spiritual entities but we all share common ancestors so you 6,704,845,725 people can't state that your ancestors were so cool without saying that those other 6,704,845,725 humans' ancestors were so cool.

So why are you proud of being jew?

Level 12
Just because you have no knowledge about something don't immediately accuse god of creating it. Think. Think again. Then again.
Lol I like this quote, a long time ago, you could EASILY fool people, you can have someone dress up like freddy kruger with the makeup and everything, and go back and scare people. Most likely they would put into there bibles or w/e that it was the devil...
Most people's excuses for not knowing the origins is that god created him/her. Which really are easy simple answers, but excuses and ignorance.

Seriously a man that calls himself god and tells all these stories about his adventures, like being inside of a whale, and they put this in the bible or something, Back then people were very gullible. And seriously they were. And what happend to him? He was put the the death sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.