• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Very serious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Evolutions biggest flaw.

I was talking with BB in chat the other day, and I asked him, "Where did matter come from?" and he said (after a long time of thought) that it has always been here.

Is it correct that matter can not be destroyed or made? Just manipulated? Well, that means that matter is eternal. Because, it can not be created or destroyed.

WARNING! I AM ABOUT TO SAY SOMETHING VERY COMPLICATED.

If matter is eternal, that means that everything has happened infinite times. Please try to understand. Think of eternal time, as a large line, with no end either way. Where can you place a point if there is infinite points on the line? (The points are certain times.) You can't have a time period if there is infinite periods just like it.

In other words, time repeats itself infinitely, (if you are an athiest or something). That means that, everything that has happened, will happen again, and has already happened infinite times. Which means, that there is no beginning to anything. Time repeats itself because, there is no beginning. Because how can something first happen without a beginning to it?

This crashes the entire idea of life. There has been a lot of scientists who refuse to point this out to the public. The reason it crashes, is because, how can our lives begin without a beginning? If evolution and the big bang was true, it defies itself. Much like the saying, "There is no absolute truth". Which is of course garbage. (Is the "There is no absolute truth" statement true? See, it is a self defying statement.) If this was true, our lives would have happened infinite times. Which can not happen because we make 'randomly based decisions' which can only be repeated by chance. In other words, there is no atom that can alter randomly based decisions. Again, try to understand, how can my choice of my girlfriend happen infinite times?

So, ask yourself, is evolution really true? (Same with the big bang.)

Last edited:
Level 24
That is not a problem with Evolution, but the Big Bang. To my knowledge, most scientists actually acknowledge that they have no idea what the start of everything was, although they are looking into what happened before the Big Bang.

Anyways, have you ever heard of the Big Crunch? There's also a theory that the universe goes through a Big Bang, expands, contracts, goes through a Big Crunch, and repeats the cycle indefinitely. That would allow for circular time, which you just described.

Another thing, nothing is truly "random", but influenced rather complexly by their surroundings.

Level 31
That is not a problem with Evolution, but the Big Bang. To my knowledge, most scientists actually acknowledge that they have no idea what the start of everything was, although they are looking into what happened before the Big Bang.

Anyways, have you ever heard of the Big Crunch? There's also a theory that the universe goes through a Big Bang, expands, contracts, goes through a Big Crunch, and repeats the cycle indefinitely. That would allow for circular time, which you just described.

Another thing, nothing is truly "random", but influenced rather complexly by their surroundings.

Yes, but where did matter come from? And some things ARE truely random.

And your alternative explanation is a god? Well then, what made the god?

Obviously God made matter...And the idea of that...

Level 31
I dont really know... it's not my area of expertise or whatever. But I'm sure people have some sort of explanation for it.

In anycase I do believe in god so... though not Christianity or the Christian God

Energy is included with 'stuff'.

You need to become a Christian. But that is all I can say. lol Lately wulfy has been getting passionate, so, I better not say anything else.

Sorry wulfy, didn't mean any harm!

PM me and I can explain to you a better understanding of God. But, that is your choice.

And, I AM OFFICIALY GONE FOR FEW DAYS. DON'T EXPECT REPLIES TILL LATER!

Level 31
I have a perfectly fine understanding of god. And you can try but I doubt you will convert me to christianity.

My own religon is somewhat complex.

bedsides in off-topic can we not discuss what we wish to?

Lol, your right about the off topic thing. But, wulfy was really offended by me. And, I apologize. But, I will continue to do everything with in my power to spread the good news.

I have said all I can to convert you. But, it is your choice of where you spend your eternity.

(Again lol) I AM OFFICIALY GONE FOR A FEW DAYS. DON'T EXPECT REPLIES TILL LATER!

Level 17
Oh jeez, some f.ing witness trying to save our lost souls again, dammit.
Someone please close this thread before it explodes.

For your information: there is no scientific fact about the origin of the universe, there are theories though, but oh, one thing is so damn sure.
It didn't begin with god.

If you would have more brain cells than hair you would realize that there is some contradiction here between your two statements. Well, condratict is what christians always do after all.
Statement 1.) Matter didn't exist from the begining. Reasoning: there is nothing that would've created matter.
Statement 2.) god existed from the beginning. Reasoning: (?)

E.g.: You are too afraid of being erased of existence?;
You are lonely, it feels good to be a part of a big group of similiar people?;
You feel comfortable when talking to yourself?
You like the simple answers to things like, "Mom, what makes our toaster toast bread?" "god makes it work, sweetheart" or "Mom, why am I pregnant?" "Because god loves you, honey, really, really loves you."?;
Etc.

I suggest you to edit your post:
WARNING! I AM ABOUT TO SAY SOMETHING VERY STUPID AND IGNORANT.

Evolution != Big Bang Theory.
There is no scientific fact about the origin of the universe.
Big Bang Theory is a theory about the development of our Universe.
The development of our Universe is not equal to the very beginning of our Universe.

You have absolutely no idea what infinite means, do you? You try to base your whole argument on that you can't imagine what infinite means.

I suggest you to go and read up on scientifical stuff (don't they are ALL LIES!) before you want to post stuff like these because it's clear that you do not possess any knowledge about the world surrounding you.

Last edited:
Level 24
There are so many logical arguments for and against the Christian God that the easiest thing to do is stop caring.

Level 27
Someone please close this thread before it explodes.
How about you just stay out of it since you have the most flaming post in this thread so far.
Congratulations, you're the first person to make me use the report feature.
one thing is so damn sure.
It didn't begin with god.
You absolutely failed to back this up, by the way.

Nobody knows how the universe started, but so far, one thing is clear, our universe was once very small. What set off the big bang is unknown.

However, it appears that out universe does not have circular time, since about 5 billion years ago, dark energy beat gravity, and all objects are moving farther away from each other at an increasing speed as the expansion of th universe grows out of control.

So what could make the big bang happen? Something beyond our universe of course. A super universe of complete incomprehensibility.

So why the heck can't there be, at the very least, a God of our universe?

Level 24
If you would take a proper philosophy class, you'd know there are plenty. I can't think of any at the moment, because they all have counter-arguments, so there's not much point in remembering. Where is Elenai when you need him?

Level 24
All events have causes, God is the uncaused causer of the first event. That's the only one I can remember, but it brings up "What caused God?" The answer to that is God is beyond cause and effect, but that's rather flimsy.

It's a waste of time, at any rate, because you can't have God proved to you, only shown. Basically, you believe or you don't. And for the record, science and religion are not mutually exclusive, please don't say that just because we know how something happened doesn't mean we know why it did.

Level 17
"What caused God?" The answer to that is God is beyond cause and effect, but that's rather flimsy
What makes christians think that it was their god who created everything? Then why do christians think it's not matter and energy what is beyond cause and effect. Why can't they imagine their god as a woman? What makes them think that even if "he" exists he speaks the truth and treasures human beings? And the list of questions could go on for threads.

Science has a very little similiarity with religions, yes. When we set up a scientific theory we can't always say that our theory is perfect and things work according to it, but the funny thing is that this similiarity makes science and religion different too, since science and logic say that "Well, there is a chance that I might be wrong or not entirely correct" on the other hand religion: "You don't think it was like this? Well you will most probably suffer in hell then.".

Level 12
The change of positions of universes and galaxies has proven that the universe is constantly expanding itself,due to the force of the big bang.But,like a well-thrown stone,its movement will one day cease,and since a static universe would result in chaos,there are two theories:

1)That the universe will remain static,resulting in a huge imbalance and complete loss of order among everything in it.

2)That the universe will slowly begin collapsing into itself,which would result in everything that has happened to happen again,backwards.

Then when the universe collapses into nothingness it could expand again,then collapse again and so on and so on...

Time repeating itself isn't so bad.How many times were you thinking over two choices that both seemed equally good/bad?Well,in an another timeline,there are equal chances you would pick the other choice.I doubt everything would be identical if what you said was true.

Level 27
I tend to believe that in any of these 'stories' and 'theories' is a part of the truth, but its not the truth.

I find the evolution theory btw way more convincing than some stupid god that made us. Think of it, why the fuck did he create us? He had no reason, experiments? For the fun? Was he lonely? Did he think we could give him stuff? ... If there was a god we would be totally useless to him, so why would he have created us in the first place.

Level 17
...the universe is constantly expanding itself, due to the force of the big bang...
Well, we are not exactly sure about that. It's a theory and an old one I would add. There are other theories trying to explain this event but I don't know too much about them.

By the way. One can not say that there is no evolution since it is happening right ahead of us. Take the most simple example: have you every heard about interbredding or hybrids? (I hope that's the correct english word, excuse me for my poor english)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_bee

Level 40
Mr. Bob said:
This crashes the entire idea of life.
The idea of life in the sense you're referring to is a religious idea, not a scientific one.

Mr. Bob said:
The reason it crashes, is because, how can our lives begin without a beginning? If evolution and the big bang was true, it defies itself.
Who says there isn't a beginning to something? If I do the same thing twice, both have a beginning.

Mr. Bob said:
If this was true, our lives would have happened infinite times. Which can not happen because we make 'randomly based decisions' which can only be repeated by chance.
Two things

• If time is infinite, each chance would have occurred infinite times.
  • Nothing is truly random, and is all cause-and-effect, from a scientific perspective.

Mr. Bob said:
So, ask yourself, is evolution really true? (Same with the big bang.)
Nothing in your argument contradicted them, so why ask?

Mr. Bob said:
Yes, but where did matter come from? And some things ARE truely random.
We don't know. However, it's more plausible than 'Where did god com from?'

Mr. Bob said:
Shados said:
And your alternative explanation is a god? Well then, what made the god?

Obviously God made matter...And the idea of that...
How is that obvious? It has no evidence, none whatsoever, therefore it cannot possibly be obvious. Also, that wasn't even a response to Shados' comment.

Ardnived said:
The theory that matter cannot be created or detroyed has been dispproven

I dont remember exactly by who but with the conversion of matter to energy it is no longer matter, this is considered to disproove it
Mass-Energy Equivalence, so it cannot be destroyed by that theory, since mass is energy and energy is mass.

Mr. Bob said:
You need to become a Christian. But that is all I can say.
Why?

Mr. Bob said:
PM me and I can explain to you a better understanding of God. But, that is your choice.
Post it here?

Mr. Bob said:
But, I will continue to do everything with in my power to spread the good news.
You realize it's people like you that make people doubt Christianity, right? You provide 'Truths' with no logical backing, a ton of bias, threat, etc.

Mr. Bob said:
I have said all I can to convert you. But, it is your choice of where you spend your eternity.
Again, an argument with no backing, and instead you threaten people so that they will convert to a belief that has less logical backing than the one you argue against. See what I said about your previous quote.

Level 24
I enjoy the constant subtle implication that without God, we immediately burn in hell, good actions completely ignored. I don't think Elenai was ever that much of a zealot for converting us, even though he's definitely a zealot for defending Christianity. Looks like some of the newer members don't have the respect for the other side that is earned through mutual philosophical beat-downs? And I'm not just talking about the Christians.

Level 35
Not only the new members, the whole world is going downhill. Atheism is getting more and more common thease days, and even those who claim to beleive in God (I don't mean only the Christian God), are acting inappropriately to their religion, and they are the reason why more and more people say that religion is just another way to manipulate people. The sad thing is that more and more people are using different segments of religions to their own ends, and they make many people to loose their faith, or not to take any up at all.

Last edited:
Level 24
Hold on now. I'm going to decide whether to facepalm or die from asphyxiation from laughing to hard, because of how hard you don't get it, zombie2279. This discussion has probably literally been done to hell and back on THW, at least twice.

Anyways, since Elenai isn't here to explain it in some sort of fire-and-brimstone biblical overtone, I'll do it instead: you're not going to fucking convert a single soul to Christianity through the internet. As I've said earlier, you cannot prove to people that God exists, only show them. Unless you happen to be Jesus and this is the second coming, you're not going to show anybody anything spiritual through the internet, and people are too stubborn to listen to anything short of.

Do your best to explain your position, fine, whatever. Don't fucking look down on people who haven't accepted Christ into the core of their very existence because it somehow makes you better, and don't fucking try to shove the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth down their collective throats. Nobody needs your holier-than-thou attitude, and, frankly, Christianity would be better without attitudes like yours. If people are going to come to Jesus, they will sooner or later without your "help", which would actually be a lot more helpful if you didn't insinuate that we were going to burn in hell if we didn't convert right this fucking instant.

One last thing, religion and science aren't mutually exclusive. If you say the big bang doesn't make sense, I'd say it makes as much sense as God, and it's just as likely that if there is a God, S/He/It was the one behind the big bang. If we make God the being that guides all coincidence, then that makes God the guiding force behind evolution. Shut the fuck up about it, there is no conflict between religion and science.

I'm going to go away, and let this conversation rot in hell, because I got my lifetime dosage of useless Christian right from Elenai almost a year back, who has actually become unbelievably useful for the following reason: he knows when to contribute his opinion as a Christian, and when that opinion wouldn't help or matter at all. There are times for doctrine and dogma, and there are times for generally being a good Christian, or whatever religion you follow. Discussions about science would be for generally being a good Christian.

Last edited:
Level 35
And how the hell would I know that?

-I dunno Elenai personally
-I don't have access to Medivh's tower
-I'm relatively new to the site

And you misunderstood me. I'm NOT fucking looking down on people who haven't accepted Christ into the core of their very existence, and I'm NOT trying to shove Jesus' teachings into people. Most of that crap I've posted applies to most of the religions, and also sorry if I offended anyone with standing up for my religion, which would be better without me. Truly, I'm a real asshole and very ashamed of myself. Let this conversation rot in hell, where I belong.

Level 24
-I dunno Elenai personally
I was just using him as an example, because it is sort of known that he's a big Christian.

-I don't have access to Medivh's tower
I can remember at least one big one that happened before Medivh's Tower existed.

-I'm relatively new to the site
Which is why I was alternatively facepalming/laughing about new members not respecting their opposition enough.

I'm NOT fucking looking down on people who haven't accepted Christ into the core of their very existence, and I'm NOT trying to shove Jesus' teachings into people.
Unfortunately, you sure as hell sounded like you were. This probably doesn't occur to you because it isn't much of a problem in your everyday life, but your last post would have been made leaps and bounds more acceptable (by my standards) if you had said something like "The bible teaches that Jesus died etc." Just stating it as a fact is going to step on peoples' toes.

Most of that crap I've posted applies to most of the religions, and also sorry if I offended anyone with standing up for my religion. Truly, I'm a real asshole and very ashamed of myself.
There's a difference between standing up for your religion, and standing your religion up (above everything else). What you were doing was standing your religion up above everything else, even if what you were saying does apply to many religions. Again, "Jesus died to save us from eternal punishment." That is not the truth, that is your truth. I will edit my last post to say attitudes like yours instead of people like you, however, because it seems you yourself aren't trying to be that way, it's just you don't know the difference from not having experienced it, or whatever.

Level 12
this is a non-biased post with a thing in mind, okay? im a christian, so dont give me that "you are not believing in god the right way"-thingy

if god somehow created himself(im not saying he cant or couldnt have) since he must somehow have been created, cant matter have created itself in the same way?

Level 35
Okay, Ephy. I edited my post, to make myself clear. So sorry for bringing up my faith as an example.

And I'm not that kind of guy to try and convince other people to take up Catholism, you misunderstood me. People are free to decide who they want to beleive in, and I respect that.

Level 24
zombie, this is the sort of problem he's talking about.
Ah, thanks. I tend to forget the details of other things that got me angry when something does get me going.

And this too
You have to beleive God exists, without proof and that is the first step to Heaven.
I enjoy the constant subtle implication that without God, we immediately burn in hell, good actions completely ignored.

Level 35
I really don't understand why you're so fucking pissed at me. I already edited my post, and I was just using Christianity as an example. It is my mistake that I didn't make myself clear, but that's solved, so I don't understand why you're still pushing me.

As for my first post, I don't see anything Catholic in it. Most religions are monotheist and beleive in hell and Heaven. Also, you cannot "prove" the existence of any God, the point of faith is to beleive in God without proof.

Level 24
It's not that you're promoting any religion in particular, so much as you are putting not having any religion in such a negative light.

And hmm, most religions. Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Wicca, ancient Greeks, Rome before Christianity, Agnosticism, Buddhism, Zen, Norse, Shinto, Voodoo, ancient China, ancient South/Central America's religion, the Celts . So I count 3 out of the 12 that I can name? That's a lot.

Level 17
there is no conflict between religion and science.
Not necessarily, but there is conflict between holy books and churches and some religions are tied to holy books and churches.

I actually don't have much against non-zealous religions. I think being a silent believer of a god is much better than start drug and substance abuse or anything like that if you have to find your life a purpose or if you can't take you are going to cease to exist one day or something.

I know people admiring the christian god, or other gods or I even have many acquaintances who kinda have their own gods from a fantasy world and they are not zealous assholes. (for the record, I knew a guy who believed in Elune, seriously, and before you would call him an idiot don't forget that he has the same basis of belief as other religious people: nothing)
What I wanted to say, there are religious people not going against OTHER RELIGIONS, science, gay people, sex, birth control, condoms, abortus, medicines, modern healing and oh so many other things (*I just mentioned christians' main concerns because most of us are from christian areas, I don't even want to mention that in some islam territories you are free to get your wife stoned to death and things like that, or scientologists believe in alien cookie monsters).
Even though these guys are religious I kinda respect them. I respect them much, much more than those christian and radical assholes who were in California scandaling that being gay is a sin and gay people will burn in hell (read: should f.ing die).
Or those people who are against birth control and birth control education.
These people are the ignorant, non-thinking trash of society. (I wonder when will MSBB appear to flame me here too)

Last edited:
Level 24
So, basically, you're saying that being moderate (neither overly conservative nor overly liberal) as far as your stance on religion is okay? Am I allowed to point out the irony when you overly freak out about religion?

Anyways, I think you're talking about Fred "God Hates Fags" Phelps? IMO, God hates people who besmirch Her/His/Its good name, but that's a completely different can of worms that I'll close by saying that: given Jesus loves you, "you" is not specified, and Jesus is basically God, God doesn't hate anybody, and in fact loves everybody. That does not necessarily apply to all religions, but it applies to Fred Phelps, who is Christian.

I don't think Ancient Greek, Norse, and most (not all) of the very ancient politheist religions are too common thease day.

You'll just won't leave me alone until I say 100% what you want, will you?

In Greece, there are people who still pray to the old pantheon, as in China, as in South America. Congratulations, you have knocked out "Norse", which still has a huge influence on the world anyways. Monotheism still isn't enough to be "most".

Level 35
In Greece, there are people who still pray to the old pantheon.

The following is copied from wikipedia:

wikipedia said:
The constitution of Greece recognizes the Greek Orthodox faith as the "prevailing" religion of the country, while guaranteeing freedom of religious belief for all. The Greek Government does not keep statistics on religious groups and censuses do not ask for religious affiliation. According to the State Department, an estimated 97% of Greek citizens identify themselves as Greek Orthodox..

I'd like to point out that I didn't say ALL, I said most. Well, I think 97% is pretty much the most.

This is also from wikipedia:

Worldwide_percentage_of_Adherents_by_Religion.png

If you only add Christians + Muslims = 53,34% is monotheist, but you can add other religions too that are also montheists.

Level 17
So, basically, you're saying that being moderate (neither overly conservative nor overly liberal) as far as your stance on religion is okay? Am I allowed to point out the irony when you overly freak out about religion?

Sorry, I have difficulties understanding these sentences perfectly. Since you come from the US I suppose the language problem is on my side.
But to make it clear:

I have no problem with religious people as long as they don't try to convert other people; don't hurt anyone with their actions; keep their mouth shut about their belief before people not from their religion; not against science and think liberally and don't follow things what other people from their religions say zealously and without thinking.
(I'm not sure if I use the word liberally here, I mean freely, not the political way of thinking)

I don't care if you have your daily chat with god or the spirit of jesus or any spiritual entity.
I don't care when you are talking about your faith with other people with similar faith.
I don't care if you go to religious holiday camps and things like that.
But when, fore example, you go with your pals to before the White House or Parlaiment to demonstrate against birth control education you should die on the spot. You are commiting a very, very serious offense against other people and you don't give a f. about that.

Edit: Zombie, I would like to add that that graph is not necessarily accurate. I think it would sort me into christians since my mother made some priest pour some water on my head when I was a wee kid. I even have some paper about it and a candle too, but the truth is I am atheist. And yes, I know that wouldn't change your argument, I just felt the need of saying that.

Level 24
The following is copied from wikipedia:

I'd like to point out that I didn't say ALL, I said most. Well, I think 97% is pretty much the most.

This is also from wikipedia:

Worldwide_percentage_of_Adherents_by_Religion.png

If you only add Christians + Muslims = 53,34% is monotheist, but you can add other religions too that are also montheists.

They're not necessarily common, but they still hold huge sway over cultures worldwide. Also, I count slightly over 50% as monotheistic, that is a majority, but is not "most".

d3st: You freaked out like you care about all of those things you just said you didn't care about. You were saying that people who take religion a bit farther than moderation are bad, while you yourself took your anger a lot farther than moderation. That is ironic and hypocritical, which I pointed out.

Level 24
The very premise of the first post is misleading. It questions the integrity of one scientific theory, which is then associated to an unrelated scientific theory. By that exact logic, gravity does not exist. Within the United States, the Christian (not even "religious" far-right, it's mostly the Christian part of the far-right) far-right tends to obfuscate science by calling things like gravity, electromagnetism, etc. laws, while they are in fact only theories. Further obfuscating the matter is that for something to become a scientific theory, it must be tested to be plausible based upon current knowledge and evidence several times over; anything that is not is speculation and hypotheses. Regardless, both the big bang and evolution are theories of the same credibility as gravity and electromagnetism. Do note that gravity and electromagnetism have never been proven; all that has been proven is that things have been observed to happen the way those theories describe, while the actual causes could range from magic dust to Suzumiya Haruhi, to God, to the one ring, to Yamato Kira, to the dragon balls, to Salazar Slytherin, to God knows what.

Generally, the Christian far-right is composed of fundamentalists who take the entire bible for its word and not its metaphorical sense, which is IMO slightly retarded, offense intended to any fundamentalists on my internets (except for Elenai. Elenai, I love you). Srsly, gtfo, I wouldn't need to put up with these ridiculous discussions if you idiots didn't put every little perceived threat to your beliefs through a fucking inquisition, whether or not they actually do threaten your beliefs.

Level 17
d3st: You freaked out like you care about all of those things you just said you didn't care about. You were saying that people who take religion a bit farther than moderation are bad, while you yourself took your anger a lot farther than moderation. That is ironic and hypocritical, which I pointed out.

Oh, no. He's going against science and is accepting things what other people say without a second thought. And don't tell me he did think about this whole thing he posted because if he did than I must say that he has mental problems.
I can't see where I contradicted myself, so I'm on the strict opinion I did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.