• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Version 3.37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I notice the "boss" bug has been fixed, more or less - thanks! Makes this the most stable version. I also noticed that the AA splash for the Hellion and all of the chaos raptors seems to work now, thanks again!

I did have a few questions, though - I noticed that the number of mobs changes between certain levels (for example - 30 in lvl 1, 20 in lvl 2, 30 again in lvl 3), then *seems* to plateau at 20 per level (I've been playing with more spawns on so I couldn't say for sure how many...I suppose if I did any basic math...) - is this intentional? I think using a slightly higher number of mobs spawned for the first four levels would be a great way to give people a cash boost in the beginning when it would do the most good.

The other question I had was the removal of the admin tower (several versions ago, I realize, but...I'm new to the forum). While it's true that it can be abused, the admin tower was the most effective way to keep people from kill stealing without kicking them from the game - sometimes people step away for a moment so they don't realize that another person has been trying to steal their spawn; the admin tower was a way to keep that from happening.

If someone feels the admin tower is being abused, they should leave the game - a host will quickly stop abusing that power when he finds himself alone in the game.

Also, I like the increase from 50 to 100 towers, but...you may want to have the fuckoff towers give 50 food instead of the builders - I played a game where I had 3 builders, totalling 320 towers I could build...possibly. Just an idea.

Finally, the spawn dialog doesn't work anymore - when red types "-spawn" it displays the same list as everyone else sees. Spawnoff an spawnon also no longer work.

That's all I've got for now, I'll keep playing different races and let you know if I come up with anything else.

Thanks!

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
It's nice to see new people around. And thanks for the long post!
Also, I like the increase from 50 to 100 towers, but...you may want to have the fuckoff towers give 50 food instead of the builders - I played a game where I had 3 builders, totalling 320 towers I could build...possibly. Just an idea.
Good idea, we will think about it!
Finally, the spawn dialog doesn't work anymore - when red types "-spawn" it displays the same list as everyone else sees. Spawnoff an spawnon also no longer work.
Hmm... Strange.. I will take a look.
The other question I had was the removal of the admin tower (several versions ago, I realize, but...I'm new to the forum). While it's true that it can be abused, the admin tower was the most effective way to keep people from kill stealing without kicking them from the game - sometimes people step away for a moment so they don't realize that another person has been trying to steal their spawn; the admin tower was a way to keep that from happening.
But isn't the Fuckoff Tower enough?

Level 14
:idea: Just re-read that, the phrasing on the food suggestion seems weird - I think if you had the Fuckoff Towers give an *additional* 50 food, and return the builders to their previous amount - it would help; that way, people would still benefit (more) from choosing an additional race and would also have enough food to make a decent maze (I myself often spent the first lumber on another builder just for the extra room - I'm a fan of mazing for exposure.)

I do like the Fuckoff Towers, but I was running into a problem where a person would build long range towers (such as ratlings) coupled with blood-lusting towers just outside of another person's area - *technically* not taking their kills, but in reality those towers start killing the other person's spawn well before their own (if they're even built outside of their own area)...guess I've just played with some crappy people, but it's not a terribly uncommon occurance.

I'm a fan of longer posts - the more I can describe an idea or problem I find the better the chance a reader will understand the point I'm makin'.

Thanks again for the hard work you guys have put into this - I've been working on a map of my own and I know how much of a pain it can be.

Have fun!

Level 14
It's baaaaack.......

Like I said about the admin tower abuse - if people don't like it, they'll leave. Eventually, an admin that abuses that tower will learn that games played alone kind of suck.

The map I'm workin' on now is a rehash of an old favorite, so it doesn't warrant its own area - thanks for the offer though :D . I'm really using it as a way to learn how to trigger well and balance races to mobs.

I've got bad news - the "boss bug" reared its ugly head again. On the level 16 boss, this time - for two games in a row, all but two or three people were kicked when it came around. I now suspect that it's not related to the model (at least not now, if it ever was) - do you have any triggers running for pathing that only affect the bosses? If I'm not mistaken, it happens when more than one player blocks their boss from leaving. If you'd like, I can save the next couple of replays where this happens (since it still doesn't *always* happen) and send 'em to you.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Just ask us if you need trigger help!

The boss bug only happens when you are a lot of people, and when there are very few creeps with lot of life. like the bosses. I think it isn't possible to get rid of it.. Me and Bloodletter played and the boss bug appeared in a normal level... I dunno how to fix that.. It's nothing with the triggs...

Status
Not open for further replies.