• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Various Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Feel free to post yours.

I start with 2. First off, remove the host-detection thingy and give the mode selection to either Death Knight (who's usually someone trusted) or red player. I'd give it to DK.

Second. What if the DK leaves or disconnects? Game ends. An emergency solution would be this: if DK player leaves, some trigger checks for players with dead heroes (they usually leave, but there's always a chance someone stays, especially in a priv game) and the control over DK is randomly given to one of them. Shouldn't be hard to make, though it might require some adjustments in the existing triggers.

Level 18
Host check is a little buggy so I could see why you would want to give it to Red. Most of the time the people that play as knight in my games are not trusted so I think Red would be the best choice.

I may do this.

It is more likely that I will implement your second suggestion though. I really like the idea of transferring control to someone who has a dead Hunter hero. We'll see if I can do this in the next version.

Level 18
Okay for 2.85, among many other updates, I have made Player 1 (Red) the Host. If he drops for whatever reason during the download the person who chooses the game mode will be chosen in order of Player 2-11 whoever is the next in line.

I am also in the process of implementing the suggestion that if the Death Knight leaves control will be given to a dead Hunter. There will also be the option to continue playing without the knight until Doom/end of the game in case there are no dead Hunters. This will allow you to continue to rack up AtD Points and enjoy the game without having to remake.

Level 9
Add more thingy fun to play as the architect base !
I think he is the funnier char to play !

The Nature mage should be able to create some blocking trees or destroying ones.
The Scientist needs a giant "bag" to stack pots lol dunno how you can do that, maybe a "spell", an icon in the spell list where you click on and potions stack there and you can use it directly by clicking (no mana cost) but there you can't share to your teammates.

Last edited:
Level 12
I want to try to get shamman if you do start a clan i will do anything required also i finally got to 400 atd points today and its not worth it just a few earth orbs floating around my hero you need to make it like completely custom skins or even able to unlock new heros :hohum:
and also i am already promoting as much as i can BUT I WANT TO DO MORE!!!!!! :gg:

Level 18
The themes get better as you go, and new heroes would be unfair and even if I could balance them people would complain that they were imbalanced because you could only unlock them. Custom skins would take up space. I rather like the themes. And if you don't don't bother with points :p.

But they do distinguish you from other new players, which is the point. And like I said, they get better as you go.

Level 18
Now that I've designed the new save/load system I can easily create a code for you.

(This also means that the new codes are secure, but not AS secure as the old ones. I feel like a pretty secure code with only 8 characters is way more efficient than an 18 character code that is extremely secure. What do you think?)

Level 18
In the last version it was made so that creep boss kills disperse the points to all Death Hunters within 1000 range. So if you are there when Pissed Giant is killed, you also get the points even if you don't get the winning blow on him.

50 is difficult in Normal unless you are Death Knight, but it is pretty easy in DM if you're good :)

Level 4
Think im double posting but w/e

I think you should reset AtD points just simply cuz a lot has been made since u impleneted AtD points, so ppl will try to play old versions to abuse something, so reseting here and there might be usefull(and painfull to someone,but w/e)
Just consider that pls

Status
Not open for further replies.