• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Variable Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm creating a map based on Dark Ages - Vampire, by White Wolf, and I'm having some difficulty with the mechanic of frenzy.

See, when a Vampire has low blood (mana) and willpower (lumber) and continues trying to use skills, he enters Frenzy and the player loses control of the Hero until he kills another unit.

That's all fine to do with global variables. The problem is if 2 or more different units go into frenzy simultaneously. There are 3 different triggers dealing with the frenzy variables, both entering frenzy and exiting frenzy. For example, the original owner of the frenzied unit is stored in a variable. Once the frenzied unit kills and exits frenzy, it has to change ownership back to the original owner, but this is ruled by another trigger. Any ideas how I can contour this problem? Local variables wouldn't work either, right?

Level 33
Can you give me the definition of "he enters Frenzy and the player loses control of the Hero..." ?
Like, you change the ownership to Neutral Passive or something ?

Define me this, and I may code a trigger for you which handles all these units without problems (MUI).

EDIT:
I have created a test map for you, read the BF Setup before use.

In that test map, all 5 Blood Mage will be ordered to cast Flame Strike twice (it is better for you to stay still and do nothing until all Blood Mage turns Frenzy).

One of the Blood Mage will get its mana restored and he will become the survivor from the Frenzy units.

You just enjoy the movie (do nothing and watch the killing begin).

That survivor won't stand a chance, right ? And when it dies, the killing unit (Frenzy) will be restored, and the next survivor scene would occur... until the last Blood Mage stands, win.

This is just to show that the trigger is working.

Basic Understanding:
When unit casts spell that has below Mana Requirement and Lumber Requirement, it will turn Frenzy (changes side to Neutral Hostile).
He will stay at that side until he kills another unit, he will change side back to the original player who owns that unit.

Attachments

• Blood Frenzy.w3x
    18.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 9
this frenzy sounds like the owner is changed to passive and the unit is ordered to run around until it kills another unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.