• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Valley of Mushrooms

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Blacklabel presents
Valley of mushrooms
Created by Cho'gall(that's me in-game)

Map Info:

Valley of mushrooms is a Melee map for 2 players created by myself,its contains :
-2 Taverns
-4 Portals
-2 additionnals goldmines to expand your base
-2 Fountains (Mana and Life)
-About ten creeps encampments (2 red spots,1 orange spot,12 green spots i'll will recount i'm not on PC with editor )

Features:

Nothing

Some else stuff about map:
No imports,just a melee map .

Screenshots and Videos:

216844-albums5693-picture106534.jpg

Gameplay Screenshots

There's no gameplay screenshots yet .

Changelog :

-Added Screenshot of the entire map from the Warcraft 3 Editor 12/03/2016 .

Keywords:
Melee,Mushrooms,water,portals
Contents

Valley of Mushrooms (Map)

Reviews
19:20, 4th Apr 2016 Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay: - Aesthetics: - Total: - Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay Being a melee map, the starting...

M

19:20, 4th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay: -
Aesthetics: -
Total: -

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
Being a melee map, the starting areas should be equally big, which I can see from the minimap that they are not.
From a strategic point of view, this cannot be considered a melee map since the players will not be equal due to the different map layout.
Also, the item drops from creeps seems a little strange. There are only two item tables with one random item in each. It makes sense that the kobolds would drop a random level 1 item, but that a creep camp that is so much harder to defeat as the golem with the wildkins, has the same drop, is not good.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
The terrain isn't really appealing. You need to add more doodads and perhaps use more cliffs or the higher/ lower tool to make it look better. Right now, the terrain is too vacant to be good.
The square island layout of the map sure is unique, but it doesn't make up for its simplicity.

Also, your descrition is good looking, save for the grand image in the middle of it. You should try to put larger images behind "Hidden" tags in order to create a better looking description. If you don't know how to use those tags, look here.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
None.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
Consider this map a step along the way to become a mapper.
I will not approve of this map now, but I hope you'll try to update it and make it better.

Status set to Awaiting Update.

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay: -
Aesthetics: -
Total: -

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
Being a melee map, the starting areas should be equally big, which I can see from the minimap that they are not.
From a strategic point of view, this cannot be considered a melee map since the players will not be equal due to the different map layout.
Also, the item drops from creeps seems a little strange. There are only two item tables with one random item in each. It makes sense that the kobolds would drop a random level 1 item, but that a creep camp that is so much harder to defeat as the golem with the wildkins, has the same drop, is not good.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
The terrain isn't really appealing. You need to add more doodads and perhaps use more cliffs or the higher/ lower tool to make it look better. Right now, the terrain is too vacant to be good.
The square island layout of the map sure is unique, but it doesn't make up for its simplicity.

Also, your descrition is good looking, save for the grand image in the middle of it. You should try to put larger images behind "Hidden" tags in order to create a better looking description. If you don't know how to use those tags, look here.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
None.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
Consider this map a step along the way to become a mapper.
I will not approve of this map, but if you keep practicing I'm sure you'll produce something better.

You are welcome to upload a new map with improved features.

Rating set to 1/5 and vote for rejection.

Last edited: