• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Valid Animation Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hello friends,

I want to know which animation tags/names are all valid.

That means animations that are used by Warcraft 3.

Edit: I know it sounds weird that i ask this, but i plan to make a model that can use both Sword/Shield and a Bow with Special Arrows

Meaning:
Attack One (Sword & Shield)
Attack Two (Bow)

Last edited:
Level 20
You can use tags First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, (not sure about higher numbers), Slam, Gold, Lumber, Alternate, Morph, Flesh, Fast (works for Walk animation, not sure about others), Hit (only a couple units have a Stand Hit anim, don't know if you can use it for all anims).

There are probably others but these are the most common.

Level 30
You can use tags First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, (not sure about higher numbers), Slam, Gold, Lumber, Alternate, Morph, Flesh, Fast (works for Walk animation, not sure about others), Hit (only a couple units have a Stand Hit anim, don't know if you can use it for all anims).

There are probably others but these are the most common.

Thank you. But can a unit use the Animation tags:
Stand Ready One (Has the Sword Ready for attacking)
Stand Ready Two (Has the Bow Ready for attacking)

My Plan is it that the Unit uses a Sword in 'Attack One' and a Bow in 'Attack Two'.

Last edited:
Level 18
One and Two are for Attack 1 and Attack 2 of the unit as defined in the Object Editor.

Anyway, a more complete list:
Alternate - for morphing units.
Complete - meant to be used when an upgrade is completed, but doesn't work.
Defend - for the Defend and Magic Defend abilities, can be configured for other abilities.
Fast - used on Walk animations when a unit's movement speed reaches Fast as defined by the gameplay constants. Other speed tags (Very Slow, Slow, Very Fast) don't seem to work. Unknown if it can be used for attack animations. I never tested it.
First to Fifth - only played when ordered via triggers, I think.
Large/Medium/Small - used for SFX models when attached to units with the corresponding tag under Required Bone Names.
One - for Attack 1 or the first hero ability.
Ready - what the unit does between attacks. Attack Ready as a bug in the stag critter model results in the normal Attack animation being played only once and this one replaces it on every following attack. Could have some uses.
Slam - used with the Attack animation for critical/splash/bash attacks; can be configured for spells.
Spin - for the Bladestorm ability. I have tested it and it can work separately on Attack, Walk or Stand animations, resulting in Attack Spin/Walk Spin/Stand Spin.
Swim - for aquatic units.
Throw - can be set for certain spells.
Two - for Attack 2 or a second ability.
Upgrade - works with the mountain giant's War Club ability as well as when dictated in object editor under Required Animation Names.
Work - for when a unit is building, researching, training or repairing.

I might be missing some.

Status
Not open for further replies.