1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Valeera Sanguinar, Felblade

Submitted by Symphoneum
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Valeera Sanguinar employs her fel-tainted daggers with grim determination. A formidable foe on the battlefield and a cunning opponent in the political arena, Valeera is an elf unmatched by most. At a young age she became a gladiator, fighting alongside Broll Bearmantle and Lo'gosh in the Crimson Ring. After escaping from slavery she traveled with them to Menethil harbor and Thandol Span. She succumbed to the seductive fel energy, gradually consuming more and more until she was nearly overwhelmed. Healers in Ironforge were able to stem the corruption and the druidic ministrations of Broll brought her back from the brink. When Varian became king of Stormwind she remained a close friend and a bridge between the blood elves and the humans. Now she steps upon the sands once more to fight alongside valiant heroes, thwart dastardly schemes, and dispense quest objectives. Or perhaps she will succumb to the fel yet again...

This bundle includes two versions of Valeera. The first is my own interpretation of what she wore during her years in the Crimson Ring. I believe this version best represents a younger Valeera, before rejoining the blood elves/horde. The second skin is inspired by the Master skin from HotS for Valeera. I believe this is a good representation of her after rejoining the blood elves. I have named that model the Felblade and I think it would make a very good non-lore hero or creep. Both models could be used as buildable units for a custom race, too.

Included with both models is an animation combining the spell throw from the Warden (blink) and attack 1 from the Demon Hunter. This creates a "blink-strike" effect that could be used for a custom ability.
The animation is named spell throw 2.

These models were created using the Retera Model Studio. All geosets and textures are from Warcraft 3: Reforged. Some textures were edited in GIMP by Symphoneum. Animations are from the Demon Hunter and Warden night elf heroes. Please credit Symphoneum if used in a project. Feel free to use the model as you see fit and have fun!
Contents

Valeera (Model)

Valeera Icon (Icon)

Valeera Portrait (Model)

Felblade (Model)

Felblade Portrait (Model)

Felblade Icon (Icon)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Looks awesome, really great model.
  1. Reflex

Reflex

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Two versions of Valeera instead of one - that's truly amazing. Though I'd like to see her Felblade form kinda upgraded like, you know, armour details or different knives, but that's just me.
    Anyway, I find some little problems with this model.
    1) When Valeera appears on the map, blood splatters appear too.
    2) In some animations (attack, for example) her black breeches cut through the... em... waist cape, I guess?
    3) I see your pictures ingame but my experience with this model was less bright and IDK how to fix this :xxd:

Attached Files:

2. Dr. Vinsword

Dr. Vinsword

Resources:
    Resources:
  3. Symphoneum

Symphoneum

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    I gave the Felblade a different ponytail, different pauldrons, and a mask. Hopefully that differentiates them enough.

I am not sure why the blood splatters are happening, I will look into that.

Unfortunately her skirt gets very bulky when it’s resized but I’ll continue to try fixing that.

I believe you are having trouble importing the textures. Don’t forget to delete all of the words before the texture name for each texture in the asset manager. Otherwise the WE won’t be able to find the textures.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Take it off. Valeera hasn't got one anyway :D

@Reflex

This might help
    How to import 'Valeera' | HIVE

See that under each model file under the description there are some green text buttons. Press How to Import for each to get to such a page like I linked.

5. Symphoneum

Symphoneum

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Fair enough! :peasant-cheers-back:

6. Vulfar

Vulfar

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Really good job)

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Er, well, I might have missed some WoW versions that indeed have that frontal and back cloth but not necessarily on the sides.

8. Reflex

Reflex

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Shame on me: it was missing "+" symbol in "valeera_greeneye+jewel_main_diffuse.dds" file name. TY @deepstrasz, @Symphoneum.

9. Symphoneum

Symphoneum

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun to make.

I should probably change those texture names to be more readable. I changed it with each version so I wouldn’t use the wrong file.

Yeah, technically the base skin should be a loincloth with a one piece. The Master skin from HotS has the skirt and the pants, it’s actually very close to this interpretation. I am considering using some textures from the sorceress main_diffuse to improve upon these models.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  10. ORaiser

ORaiser

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excellent model, but can't not use sound set in game so sad. TT

11. Symphoneum

Symphoneum

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Are you wishing for custom sounds or is sound not working (i.e. a soundset is selected but not making noise).

12. Stormvarsel29

Stormvarsel29

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think it's a general problem that custom reforged models can't use voice sounds. It's not a first for me, at least.

13. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    very nice! are you going to make Broll and perhaps a custom campaign about Varian's exile?

14. Symphoneum

Symphoneum

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    I will be making Broll! I would like to make a custom campaign in the style of the Rexxar campaign but because map connections are no longer possible and technically campaigns aren’t possible in Reforged I may just release a few large role playing maps that have prelevelled versions of the characters. We shall see, though. I have a lot more models to make before that can happen :peasant-cheers-back:

15. Ken Lenard Navarro

Ken Lenard Navarro

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Resources:
    This Reforged Valeera is quite sexy, but I prefer the HOTS one.

16. Symphoneum

Symphoneum

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    I will probably roll out an updated version that looks a lot more like that. Stay tuned :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

17. Raddazong

Raddazong

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Very nice.
    I've always found it funny that as a gladiator she wore less armor than as an assasin.
    Here she shows a little more skin... to distract her victims, I guess.:gg:
    Everyone has their methods.

18. Symphoneum

Symphoneum

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Resources:
    Ha yeah, her outfits seem impractical from a protection standpoint, though she certainly has full mobility and isn’t weighted down! As a gladiator none of them wore much, it was the aesthetic :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

19. Ken Lenard Navarro

Ken Lenard Navarro

Resources:
    Reforged HD Models:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Resources:
    Can you do Reforged Alleria and Vereesa next time?