• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Valeera Sanguinar 2.0

Valeera Sanguinar employs her fel-tainted daggers with grim determination. A formidable foe on the battlefield and a cunning opponent in the political arena, Valeera is an elf unmatched by most. At a young age she became a gladiator, fighting alongside Broll Bearmantle and Lo'gosh in the Crimson Ring. After escaping from slavery she traveled with them to Menethil harbor and Thandol Span. She succumbed to the seductive fel energy, gradually consuming more and more until she was nearly overwhelmed. Healers in Ironforge were able to stem the corruption and the druidic ministrations of Broll brought her back from the brink. When Varian became king of Stormwind she remained a close friend and a bridge between the blood elves and the humans. Now she steps upon the sands once more to fight alongside valiant heroes, thwart dastardly schemes, and dispense quest objectives. Or perhaps she will succumb to the fel yet again...

This bundle includes three versions of Valeera. The first is my own interpretation of what she wore during her years in the Crimson Ring. I believe this version best represents a younger Valeera, before rejoining the blood elves/horde. The second skin is inspired by the Master skin from HotS for Valeera. I believe this is a good representation of her after rejoining the blood elves. I have named that model the Felblade and I think it would make a very good non-lore hero or creep. Both models could be used as buildable units for a custom race, too.

Included with all three models is an animation combining the spell throw from the Warden (blink) and attack 1 from the Demon Hunter. This creates a "blink-strike" effect that could be used for a custom ability. The animation is named spell throw 2.

In honor of nearly one year on the Hive Workshop, a new model has been added as a refresh to the earlier release. The Valeera 2.0 version is an attempt to faithfully replicate her current representation in WoW and HotS. It is based on the High Elf Archer model (which has distinct advantages over the previous model like facefx and no blood splatter bug), using most of the animations and attachments from the original Valeera. Her pauldrons were ported from WoW using the import/export tools that @twilac developed for Blender, as well as WoW-Tools, GIMP, Krita, and Retera Model Studio. The icon is from HotS, edited in GIMP and the borders generated through Warcraft Image Lab (check it out, it's very useful).

CHANGELOG

5/2/2021 Fixed texture names to be less complicated for ease of use

8/28/2021 Fixed blood spatter bug when spawning unit. Added fel knives.

9/7/2021 2.0 Refresh

9/8/2021 Bugfix for 2.0. Re-made several textures, fixed the skin color on her legs, fixed the color on the shoulders.

9/27/2021 Added daggers ported from the WoW model.

1/09/2022 Added an optimized version of 2.0
- No cinematic animations
- Reduced keyframes
- Optimized textures where possible

These models were created using the Retera Model Studio. All geosets and textures are from Warcraft 3: Reforged and World of Warcraft. Some textures were edited in GIMP and Krita by Symphoneum. Animations are from the Demon Hunter and Warden night elf heroes. Please credit Symphoneum if used in a project. Feel free to use the model as you see fit and have fun!
Contents

Felblade 1.5 (Model)

Valeera 2.0 Optimized (Model)

Valeera 2.0 Optimized Portrait (Model)

Felblade Icon (Icon)

Felblade Portrait 1.5 (Model)

Valeera 1.5 (Model)

Valeera Icon (Icon)

Valeera Portrait 1.5 (Model)

Valeera Sanguinar 2.0 (Model)

Valeera Sanguinar 2.0 icons (Icon)

Valeera Sanguinar 2.0 Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Looks awesome, really great model.
Level 14
Two versions of Valeera instead of one - that's truly amazing. Though I'd like to see her Felblade form kinda upgraded like, you know, armour details or different knives, but that's just me.
Anyway, I find some little problems with this model.
1) When Valeera appears on the map, blood splatters appear too.
2) In some animations (attack, for example) her black breeches cut through the... em... waist cape, I guess?
3) I see your pictures ingame but my experience with this model was less bright and IDK how to fix this :xxd:

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_100320_150055_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_100320_150055_001.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 956
Two versions of Valeera instead of one - that's truly amazing. Though I'd like to see her Felblade form kinda upgraded like, you know, armour details or different knives, but that's just me.
2) In some animations (attack, for example) her black breeches cut through the... em... waist cape, I guess?
3) I see your pictures ingame but my experience with this model was less bright and IDK how to fix this :xxd:
I gave the Felblade a different ponytail, different pauldrons, and a mask. Hopefully that differentiates them enough.

I am not sure why the blood splatters are happening, I will look into that.

Unfortunately her skirt gets very bulky when it’s resized but I’ll continue to try fixing that.

I believe you are having trouble importing the textures. Don’t forget to delete all of the words before the texture name for each texture in the asset manager. Otherwise the WE won’t be able to find the textures.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Unfortunately her skirt gets very bulky when it’s resized but I’ll continue to try fixing that.
Take it off. Valeera hasn't got one anyway :D

@Reflex

This might help
How to import 'Valeera' | HIVE

See that under each model file under the description there are some green text buttons. Press How to Import for each to get to such a page like I linked.

Really good job)

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to make.

Shame on me: it was missing "+" symbol in "valeera_greeneye+jewel_main_diffuse.dds" file name. TY @deepstrasz, @Symphoneum.
I should probably change those texture names to be more readable. I changed it with each version so I wouldn’t use the wrong file.

Er, well, I might have missed some WoW versions that indeed have that frontal and back cloth but not necessarily on the sides.

Yeah, technically the base skin should be a loincloth with a one piece. The Master skin from HotS has the skirt and the pants, it’s actually very close to this interpretation. I am considering using some textures from the sorceress main_diffuse to improve upon these models.

Last edited:
very nice! are you going to make Broll and perhaps a custom campaign about Varian's exile?
I will be making Broll! I would like to make a custom campaign in the style of the Rexxar campaign but because map connections are no longer possible and technically campaigns aren’t possible in Reforged I may just release a few large role playing maps that have prelevelled versions of the characters. We shall see, though. I have a lot more models to make before that can happen :peasant-cheers-back:

Very nice.
I've always found it funny that as a gladiator she wore less armor than as an assasin.
Here she shows a little more skin... to distract her victims, I guess.:gg:
Everyone has their methods.
Ha yeah, her outfits seem impractical from a protection standpoint, though she certainly has full mobility and isn’t weighted down! As a gladiator none of them wore much, it was the aesthetic :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers:

Level 8
This one is just amazing mate. I am very focused on BE race and I can tell this one will help a lot.

If you are doing more BE units, I recommand a ''BE'' version of a Jaina archmage style.

Thanks anyways for your work, pretty useful for everyone.

This one is just amazing mate. I am very focused on BE race and I can tell this one will help a lot.

If you are doing more BE units, I recommand a ''BE'' version of a Jaina archmage style.

Thanks anyways for your work, pretty useful for everyone.
I am glad it will help! I will keep your suggestion in mind if I decide to do more BE units.

Level 1
Hello, I have the same situation as you, can you tell me how to solve it

Level 1
Which issue are you having? If you are specific I can troubleshoot a solution.
hello,I can only display the white film after importing according to the tutorial, is there a problem with my step?
i del all dds prefix “war3imported”,but it is also white like plastic

hello,I can only display the white film after importing according to the tutorial, is there a problem with my step?
i del all dds prefix “war3imported”,but it is also white like plastic
Try redownloading. You were having a texture path issue. My original textures had a lot of extra text in the title that was superfluous. I fixed that. Also fixed the blood-splatter bug (I think). Let me know if you continue having issues! :peasant-cheers-back:

Level 1
Try redownloading. You were having a texture path issue. My original textures had a lot of extra text in the title that was superfluous. I fixed that. Also fixed the blood-splatter bug (I think). Let me know if you continue having issues! :peasant-cheers-back:
Thank you for your update.!After a simple test, the editor can display the model, but the bleeding bug still exists,such as “Cinematic Headnod One” i used view 3d find it.I have to rest now, when I wake up I will check and test in the game

Level 3
@Symphoneum Hello today i tried to get rid of some bugs of your (compliment here really well done model) Valeera. I could find the cause of the "Bloodsplatter" bug. You simply need to delete the "Attatchemnt "SPNxNBDH"" in the model file (See screenshot). But for the missing or rather bugging soundset i haven´t found a solution yet.

ValeeraBlood.png

Edit: Waht I found out so far: Your model is based on Jannella Deemspring. As far as i saw she doenst have a FaxeFx in her model what denies her the ability to use Sound Sets (So maybe basing her on sylvanas or soemthing else with FaceFX could solve this problem). But not 100% sure about that, just a thought.

Last edited:
@Symphoneum Hello today i tried to get rid of some bugs of your (compliment here really well done model) Valeera. I could find the cause of the "Bloodsplatter" bug. You simply need to delete the "Attatchemnt "SPNxNBDH"" in the model file (See screenshot). But for the missing or rather bugging soundset i haven´t found a solution yet.

View attachment 385418

Edit: Waht I found out so far: Your model is based on Jannella Deemspring. As far as i saw she doenst have a FaxeFx in her model what denies her the ability to use Sound Sets (So maybe basing her on sylvanas or soemthing else with FaceFX could solve this problem). But not 100% sure about that, just a thought.
Thank you very much for looking at my model! I will update the blood bug for now. I am working on a new iteration of this model on a different base, hopefully the sound bug will not perpetuate into that version.

Hi there, I don't know what's going on, the model is missing texture and I do have all the texture imported so please help me out here.
After importing the textures into your map, did you delete the prefixes? Use the readme instructions that are downloaded with the files, they should help in your situation.

@Symphoneum Hey there, just a few things I wanted to add, even though the model is approved, you can make it more perfect.
Not just nitpicking, it's a great model ))

• Animation Stand 2 in both models has a different pose than rest of stands, making the transition not seamless but janky in anim rotation. Either fix it or better just remove Stand 2.
  • Hair is a little too bright imo, which is nitpicking... but the masked version also has a weird white spot at the tip of the hair.
  • Team Color seem to flicker at her legs in some stand anims.

Other than that it's amazing!

@Symphoneum Hey there, just a few things I wanted to add, even though the model is approved, you can make it more perfect.
Not just nitpicking, it's a great model ))

• Animation Stand 2 in both models has a different pose than rest of stands, making the transition not seamless but janky in anim rotation. Either fix it or better just remove Stand 2.
  • Hair is a little too bright imo, which is nitpicking... but the masked version also has a weird white spot at the tip of the hair.
  • Team Color seem to flicker at her legs in some stand anims.

Other than that it's amazing!
Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate the critique. A lot of these things will be addressed in the 2.0 rerelease (hopefully coming this week or next).
I hadn’t realized the TC was glitching, I will try to make sure it does not happen in the next iteration.
Stand 2 is pretty different, I can delete that one.
The hair actually has a bit of a story with it. This was one of my first models and I was not as proficient with textures as I am now. When I initially did the recolor to blonde, the tips were tinted blue. Because I was new at this I was content to release it without fixing the glitch. Now I will definitely be fixing that!
Also, hopefully the sound issue will be fixed in the 2.0 release. I will be switching to a different base model that has a facefx node. And the Felblade will be getting a separate base model this time so it will be much more unique :peasant-cheers-back:

Level 4
Awesome model, great work! :thumbs_up:
Though the portrait file for Felblade seems to be missing from your latest update? Looks like perhaps you've uploaded the main model file twice, unless i'm blind.

I’ll see what I can do. Maybe I can optimize the keyframes further. Or maybe I can rebake the textures in fewer materials.
I think the best is to also provide .dds textures with dimensions reduced by 50% (the previous power of 2)
So the file size is way smaller, and personally, I don't have a good PC, but in WE on max quality, I can't see much difference. (Without Quenching Mod)
So I think you could also have Normals and ORM at 25%, maybe Emissives too (details may be too blurry)

Unf
Hello!
I checked out all models and the last one is spot on. Works nice with King Varian Wrynn 2.0
1 small thing. The pauldron kinda clashes with the rest of her armor. Can you add a retexture them to be more similar in color/model to the rest of her armor?
Unfortunately this is about as good as it gets. At some point I plan to release more versions of the model (a younger one, an SI:7 one based on the HotS skin, maybe another Felblade) but the WoW inspired one is done. I can take a look at the textures and see what I can do but after a lot of testing and constructive feedback this seemed to work the best.

Level 35
Unf

Unfortunately this is about as good as it gets. At some point I plan to release more versions of the model (a younger one, an SI:7 one based on the HotS skin, maybe another Felblade) but the WoW inspired one is done. I can take a look at the textures and see what I can do but after a lot of testing and constructive feedback this seemed to work the best.
No problem. Like I said it's an amazing model. Spot on. That was just a small thing that is not that important.
Thank you for all the work you are putting in giving us these great models! :peasant-cheers-back: