• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Val’anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Anyone else find this legendary to be a bit disappointing, since it's the same ilvl as other hard-mode gear in Ulduar, and the fact that it's only attainable in the 25-man version?

Level 6
Well, the proc is supposed to be better than many thinks. And probably a bit over powerful. And I hardly doubt that you can compare this to the other ilvl items. They may have similar stats but the proc, no.

Even if they made this 10 ilvl's higher than everything else, the stats would have to be better, and then this weapon would be unbalanced. I mean, there will be loads of whine on the forums when this thing enters the arena.

Level 7
I find it disappointing that it will pop out pretty quickly in massive numbers. WoW turned too easy nowadays.

If you ever did Ulduar you know that it is far from to easy. 25 man Ulduar is WAY harder then pre nerf kara and gruuls. Hard mode ulduar is extremely difficult and on most servers people haven't even made it to yogg saron 25 man.

I find it disappointing that it will pop out pretty quickly in massive numbers. WoW turned too easy nowadays.

I don't think it will pop out that easily. Even after full clears it will take probably about ~10 weeks to get all 30 fragments. Even then, it usually all goes to the guild's most dedicated healer.

So I think you will probably only see a few people with it.

It may be the same level as other 25-man epics, but it is a pretty powerful upgrade.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45612 is pretty comparable to it - http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=46017;45612

But even then, the proc (along with the +haste and +crit) provide a really strong upgrade from other items.

Level 14
If you ever did Ulduar you know that it is far from to easy. 25 man Ulduar is WAY harder then pre nerf kara and gruuls. Hard mode ulduar is extremely difficult and on most servers people haven't even made it to yogg saron 25 man.

Eh, Ulduar is supposed to be equal to SSC and The Eye from TBC.

And in SSC Hydross is WAY harder than pre nerf kara and gruuls. Many people haven't even killed pre nerf Vashj or Kael, and have to say, those are some epic fights.

Level 17
Eh, Ulduar is supposed to be equal to SSC and The Eye from TBC.

And in SSC Hydross is WAY harder than pre nerf kara and gruuls. Many people haven't even killed pre nerf Vashj or Kael, and have to say, those are some epic fights.
Did not know that SSC and TK had hardmodes... you learn something new everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.