• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rise of the Argonauts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Anyone play this game? It's an action RPG in the same vein as Mass Effect, except is a button-masher, and the choices you pick don't really affect the story much. It takes place in a mythological ancient Greece. Many reviewers criticized the combat, story, and character interaction, but I thoroughly enjoyed all three.

The game is essentially a retelling of The Quest for the Golden Fleece. Instead of Jason trying to find the fleece to rule his uncle's kingdom, he is already a king. As soon as he is about to be married, his fiancee' is murdered and Jason must find the legendary Golden Fleece in order to bring her back to life.

The story is actually very compelling. I found myself wanting to keep playing the game non-stop in order to find out what happens next!

The combat is quite brutal. Heads fly, bodies are sliced into pieces... you get the idea. You basically have a light and strong attack, the ability to block, and the ability to bash with your shield. You have three different weapons, each with their own different uses. The mace is strong, but terribly slow. The spear is fairly strong, and is useful for keeping the enemy at bay, but is not effective against multiple opponents. The sword is lightning fast, but not particularly powerful. It is very useful against multiple enemies.

Character interaction is particularly entertaining. It borrows a page from Mass Effect with it's "dialogue wheel" and cinematic presentation. The game also has very convincing voice acting.

All and all, I liked the game, despite what many other people said about it.

Here's a video of it:
The guy playing isn't particularly good, but it does give you an idea of what some of the combat is like.

Level 7
I remember playing this game, and also remember not having much fun, i think its mostly becouse there is tons of boring walking between battels :/

Status
Not open for further replies.