• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

v1.18 New Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Just to prove that we've been busy, heres a couple of screenshots from version 1.18 which is currently in production ;)

D3W_Preview_01.png

D3W_Preview_02.png

D3W_Preview_03.png

Level 30
yeah XD Can you send a link to the terraining guides you used to learn terraining? XD
They're freakin' awesome ;D Btw, i know where the last two spots are on the map, but the first? Wheres that? :D

Its a secret ;) lol

Ive been reterraining a lot of the areas to make them even better. The area above just replaced one of the areas that was "lacking" :D

Level 3
The real good thing about these is that they feel Diablo-esque, they're just not the kind of landscapes you would expect from WarCraft (Well, maybe the second is kinda generic).

If only there was a better model for the Unburied? :(
(Or perhaps you hide it from us! Huhu, Cloudwolf meanie! xD)

Thinking about something right now, the Unburied are supposed to come from mass graves and to be a mixing of stone and all... Maybe we could get to encounter holes in the ground with Unburied comin' out? Or maybe an Unburied boss made from even more flesh?
Wow I'm getting away from topic :p

Level 17
So you decided to show it before releasing the new version? :p
It was a good choice to do that, some people PM me and ask if there is coming more version cus it has been a while now. :p
They will be surprised when they play it later :p

Level 30
Pls, pic another Fog-Colour if the heros move out of the dungeon. Dungeonfog and Outlandfog are looking the same, and that looks strange. :O

yea :S Its an issue thats been bothering me for a while too. The problem I've got is that the fog setup is global, which means I can't change it for individual players?

For example, what if one player is outside, and another player is still in the dungeon? :S WE won't allow me to assign a different fog to each player =[

However, I don't know if its possible with Jass? :D Let me post something in the forum so I can find out :D

ty for the review!

Level 30
these are some great terrains man tell us the not so good terrainers where you learned it...

I started off just like anyone else when I joined the hive. The best way to learn I found was to find some awesome looking terrains on the terrain board, and try to mimic them :)

The Ultimate Terraining map is definately a good place to start with practicing :D

Plus, once you know all the WE shortcut keys, such as changing doodad heights and rotating the map, it actually gets quite easy :)

Level 12
Hey, Cloudwolf, you can add fog to regions, if I am not mistaken?

I haven't played much with fog, so I'm not too sure on how it works exactly, but can't you make one (or more, I suppose) region(s) for the dungeon with one kind of fog, then in the outside of the dungeon make the fog different?

Like I said, I haven't played with it very much, so I'm not too sure if it's even possible, but I thought I'd help out. ^^

Level 30
Hey, Cloudwolf, you can add fog to regions, if I am not mistaken?

I haven't played much with fog, so I'm not too sure on how it works exactly, but can't you make one (or more, I suppose) region(s) for the dungeon with one kind of fog, then in the outside of the dungeon make the fog different?

Like I said, I haven't played with it very much, so I'm not too sure if it's even possible, but I thought I'd help out. ^^

That would work with the fog weath effects, but were talking about the global fog you can set in map options :D

nice idea though :)

Level 12
Oh, you cannot simply replace the global fog setting with what I was saying? Because that's what I was talking about.

Either way, like I said, Fog is one of the things I've not played with in the WE yet, since I haven't had a need for fog yet in anything I've (not finished) made. ><

Level 17
Cant you make a "Global Fog" Through triggers? I mean, turn of all the fog in the map, and then inside an init trigger you just create your own trigger based fog. That will cause the entire map to get fog but you can remove that later with locals so it only gets removed for one player. Correct me if im wrong.

Level 12
I played around with the fog in regions that I was talking about, and it's just....bad. Don't use that, xD

Cant you make a "Global Fog" Through triggers? I mean, turn of all the fog in the map, and then inside an init trigger you just create your own trigger based fog. That will cause the entire map to get fog but you can remove that later with locals so it only gets removed for one player. Correct me if im wrong.

Sounds completely logical to me...though I'm a noob when it comes to triggers, so I can only go by what seems logical, not by practicality >_>

Level 30
I played around with the fog in regions that I was talking about, and it's just....bad. Don't use that, xD

Sounds completely logical to me...though I'm a noob when it comes to triggers, so I can only go by what seems logical, not by practicality >_>

I have a feeling we're talking about different kind of fogs :/ In warcraft 3, there are 2 types.

If you go to map properties, theres the global "weather effect fog"

The one im talking about is the "Terrain Fog". Or in this maps case, the big blue haze :p The terrain fog cant be assigned to a region as far as im aware :/

EDIT: Hang on, i misread what you wrote lol :) Yea, Im gonna try that method he suggested :)

Level 12
Yeah, right click the Rect and choose "Rect Properties" and in there is weather effects, including fog...but it's just bad fog. Bad, bad, bad. :ugly:

Level 7
I see you added stairs to the start area, you beat me to the suggestion[i just played and notice it was lacking-i just found the forum too :p]
Edit:
is the map size going to be extended?!

Level 2
Would you mine adding some destructible furniture and terrain like in the real D3.

Last edited:
Level 8
CloudWolf, how did you make the terrain come from down below? I've been trying to recreate some of your terrain:).

If you mean the pits inside the dungeon, he used lowered terrain with World Editor Unlimited (also works with JassNewGenPack i think...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
People, keep on-topic. We have this forum to make it easier for us.
This thread is only made for the bridge actually, if you want destructible furniture for an example, make a thread about it in suggestions. (I think people can make threads now... im sot sure...)
But ya, in D3 you will be able to destroy pretty much everything. Like they destoryed a wall so units fall down into another level and died and stuff like that.
It will be hard to do such things but i guess we could try...

Level 4
People, keep on-topic. We have this forum to make it easier for us.
This thread is only made for the bridge actually, if you want destructible furniture for an example, make a thread about it in suggestions. (I think people can make threads now... im sot sure...)
But ya, in D3 you will be able to destroy pretty much everything. Like they destoryed a wall so units fall down into another level and died and stuff like that.
It will be hard to do such things but i guess we could try...

Oh, hrm. Cloud must've added us within the last day or so, last I tried, I couldn't make threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.