- Jun 26, 2007
Getting vJASS to work in campaigns
From Wc3Campaigns http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?p=895170PitzerMike on Wc3Campaigns said:When you're editing maps from a campaign, however the path cannot be found because those maps are stored inside the campaign.
A workaround is saving a local copy of that map in the maps folder and working with that copy, then when the map is finished re-import it into the campaign.
I pretty sure this must be done every time that you save a map in the campaign. So if you don't have JASS NewGen get it now!
Here's the step by step.
- Download and Open JASS NewGen
- Open the Wc3WoW campaign in the campaign editor
- Open the map you want to edit
- Do your editing
- Select the main editor window
- Click "File" then "Save As"
- Save the map to the desktop(example)
- Click "File" and then "Save"(This needs to be done again so that the vJASS script can be compiled)
- Go into the campaign editor and right click on the map that you edited
- Click "Replace" and then navigate to the map you saved to the desktop
- Save the campaign
This may seem to be a lot but it really doesn't take that long. And trust me vJASS is worth it.
I'll be DLing the campaign tomorrow to work on it.
Tonight I'll check to see if you need to use this method everytime you change terrain.
It may be that you only have to do it this way if you edit the triggers and such.
I hope you guys find this useful! (especially Av3n )